Author Topic: Should Dwight Howard be suspended?  (Read 1608 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Should Dwight Howard be suspended?
« on: April 29, 2009, 03:16:32 PM »
That elbow is clearly a reason for a 1 game suspension.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: Should Dwight Howard be suspended?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 03:31:20 PM »
Considering what other players did to get suspended in the past, it would be very interesting to see if the League does go ahead and suspend Howard. He deserved to be.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 03:32:09 PM »
...okay and the League agrees with me.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AtWs64lg57lP5_cSUtp.Thi8vLYF?slug=ap-magic-howardsuspended&prov=ap&type=lgns

Plus, Howard later took out his own starting point guard with a broken sinus right after the Dalembert hit. Maybe Orlando should suspend him later if the Magic fail to move on.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 03:34:02 PM by JoMal »
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 03:46:24 PM »
The league had no choice. That was a premeditated elbow punch to the head of another player.

I'm not sure a 1 game suspension is really sufficient. It is completely unacceptable to throw a
punch ever, it's not as bad as Kermit Washington, but it's everybit as bad as Bob Horry's foul against Steve Nash.

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 04:08:09 PM »
Definitely should have been suspended.

Not that it should have had any outcome on the ruling, but Dwight's arrogance during the post game press conference when discussing it was completely obnoxious.  It reminded me of the Iraqi war general claiming victory when there are bomb explosions left and right in the background of the camera shot.  "There's nothing to see here!".  Sure Dwight, only they have you on video premeditating a blatent elbow to the head.  Good luck playing that one off as "physical play in the paint".  What a donkey. 

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 04:08:31 PM »
On top of being suspended for elbowing an opponent, Howard has apparently knocked his own teammate Courtney Lee out of the next game with an inadvertent elbow.   Apparently he is paying homage to the retiring Mutumbo.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes