Author Topic: Dog that was sad  (Read 2544 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Dog that was sad
« on: April 23, 2004, 12:54:36 AM »
Props to NJ for extending its EC playoff win streak to a now 3rd best all time 13 in a row.

Beyond that, for the Knicks to let KMart run the smack he did is just sad.

The promise the Knicks showed after Isiah Thomas took over has dissapated.

And was i seeing things or was that Vin Baker?
Sorry, we dont follow the EC around here too closely.

Offline gaither

• View Profile
    • Email
Dog that was sad
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2004, 08:12:50 AM »
I have never liked Kenyon Martin, and I am disliking him more and more the deeper we go into the season. His thug approach to the game and his self-congratulatory antics after every basket make a mockery of what is supposed to be "professional" sports. That the Nets franchise and KM's teammates don't have the guts to tell him to lose the attitude and keep his mouth shut is a real disappointment.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Dog that was sad
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2004, 08:13:47 AM »
marbury is playing scared for some reason.  he didnt start to hustle until the fourth quarter and at that it was out of control for the most part.  I guess kidd is to marbury what marbury was to parker.  I was really thinking NY would come through and pull off the upset, so much for that.  I dont think Thomas - Isiah that is - will be a happy man this summer.  If stephon played harder and led like he did in phoenix, NY would probably be up 2-1 by now I think.  I dont understand why he hasnt played like we know he can.  i mean Starbury played in the west AND was a better scoring threat last year.  this year he gets traded and he hasnt been the same, even though he LIKED the trade.  sad for him if he lets his home town crowd down that way.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Dog that was sad
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2004, 08:17:47 AM »
I have never liked Kenyon Martin, and I am disliking him more and more the deeper we go into the season. His thug approach to the game and his self-congratulatory antics after every basket make a mockery of what is supposed to be "professional" sports. That the Nets franchise and KM's teammates don't have the guts to tell him to lose the attitude and keep his mouth shut is a real disappointment.
professional or not, teams need a certain toughness, stephen jackson was there for us last year, mario elie there in '99, etc.  everyteam needs a little "thug" in them to get where they want to go - deep into the playoffs.  I do agree that martin does over do it, but he did let his game speak for itself last night, and i thought he actually behaved himself better than i expected him to.

besides, "K-mart" is not exactly a tough nick name IMO, when he meets the west again - should the nets somehow make it to the finals - he will get shut down as usual, no matter what team they play in the finals.  they will shut him down.  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline gaither

• View Profile
    • Email
Dog that was sad
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2004, 08:29:49 AM »
Every one knows there is a fine line between what is and is not acceptable in terms of the physicality of the game, especially during playoff season. I don't think Collins intended to hurt TThomas, but the fact is he did knock him down while he was in the air. The potential for injury is high when you do that. TThomas is lucky he wasn't hurt worse. Maybe TThomas did come across as a bit whiney...that's not relevant. There was no need for KM to up the anty by taunting TThomas.  

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Dog that was sad
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2004, 08:54:34 AM »
Every one knows there is a fine line between what is and is not acceptable in terms of the physicality of the game, especially during playoff season. I don't think Collins intended to hurt TThomas, but the fact is he did knock him down while he was in the air. The potential for injury is high when you do that. TThomas is lucky he wasn't hurt worse. Maybe TThomas did come across as a bit whiney...that's not relevant. There was no need for KM to up the anty by taunting TThomas.
ummm, what about when Jefferson got knocked down drving to the basket in yesterdays game? ?   the knicks didnt need to do that either  but still tried to foul hard on him.  Jefferson just wasnt going to let it get to him.  and as for the taunting, yeah, it was a bit much but it wasnt over board - i mean these ARE new york fans after all, i think there skinn is a lot thicker than that.  to me kmart wasnt over the top.  TThomas just didnt get the reaction he was hoping for i think.  i mean if you want to inspire your team, dont go calling your team cowards for not being stupid enough to start a fight in the first place.  his intention may have been one thing but TThomas really "f'd" it up on presentation.  I did want the Knicks to win this series, but hey, you dont come to play playoff basketball, you may as well not even be there.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Dog that was sad
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2004, 09:58:13 AM »
What the hell is wrong with Marbury?  Kidd can defend but there is no way in hell that he can hold down Stephon for multiple games.  Yes I know they had alot of double teams on him but when he did get open he was hitting shots he nails 9 times out of 10.  I dont think ive ever seen Stephon miss runners and lay ups like he has over this series.  Very sad.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jn

Dog that was sad
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2004, 10:18:41 AM »
Sad Nothing!  Each Marbury failure is a piece of sweet, sweet candy.   :rolleyes:

Did you see his quote when the Knicks made the playoffs.  "The best part is that we've shut people up."  

Oh yeah Steph we're all sooo impressed by the glory of a sub .500.  team. :lol:  

You know what will be even more entertaining? Watching Steph manipulate the firing of Wilkens then fail again next year.  

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Dog that was sad
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2004, 11:51:18 AM »
The Eastern Conference has heard that is it the so called "tough" part of the country regarding their basketball players and instead of concentrating on improving the quality of the basketball play, they prefer to concentrate on hard hits and aggressive blocks. It ain't real basketball and degrades the sport even more once the playoffs start. All the teams seem interested in doing is flattening their opponents so they can beat their collective chests over the prone victim.

Is it any wonder they only have marginally represented their conference in the finals the last several years? Once they come up against a true basketball playing team, they have no skills to counter actual shooting and passing players they face because they are not acclimated to playing anyone like that for two months.

This Nets/Knicks series is the worst. I tried watching some of it the other day and could not believe what a total joke the inept play of both teams appeared to be, though the Nets managed to include some basketball play in their scheme. I've seen street ball games with more finese and skill exhibited.

But if you have players who aren't very skilled, you only have a chance if you can injure the players on the other side. Hope the teams have their players well insured. I suspect some policies are going to kick in before the end of the 2004 post season.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2004, 11:52:20 AM by JoMal »
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Dog that was sad
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2004, 12:04:49 PM »
Sad Nothing!  Each Marbury failure is a piece of sweet, sweet candy.   :rolleyes:

Did you see his quote when the Knicks made the playoffs.  "The best part is that we've shut people up."  

Oh yeah Steph we're all sooo impressed by the glory of a sub .500.  team. :lol:  

You know what will be even more entertaining? Watching Steph manipulate the firing of Wilkens then fail again next year.
man jn is there something in the water there????  <_<

never heard you sound so vicious before.....  :o

guess getting out of the first round has you guys salivating and loking for any scrap of bloody meat you can find......  :lol:

how could you hate marbury soo much?  :angry:

atleast he is playing in the "leastern conference"  ;)

I just wanted Kidd to get knocked out ealry for he and his wife dissing us this past preseason..... :ph34r:  

jn

Dog that was sad
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2004, 01:10:17 PM »
Marbury's personality was probably the main reason Gugliotta bolted, then Marbury forced the trade that left us with oft injured, heartless Terrell Brandon.  He openly told Flip that he couldn't handle being paid less than KG.  That's after we gave up Ray Allen to get him in the draft.

He followed that up with bad mouthing KG, (claiming he, Marbury, was a winner, while KG was not :lol: ).  Along the way there were the great comments about how Mpls didn't have enough gunfire and how point guards are "sent from God."
Best of all was trying to hide the jealousy of KG by claiming his main reason for going to Jersey was he was more excited by the chance to play with Kerry Kittles.

In Jersey there was the great stuff about him (and his MOM) questioning the heart of injured players.

In his defense he has frequently gone out of his way to heap praise on Flip and I have always said he has IMMENSE raw talent.  Also it sounds like his family (with the exception of one brother) is a real albatross.

Basically the guy is unbelievably arrogant and he damaged the Wolves organization.