Author Topic: Sixers vs. Bobcats: Can this team play disciplined basketball?  (Read 4916 times)

Offline Skates

• View Profile
Re: Sixers vs. Bobcats: Can this team play disciplined basketball?
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2009, 03:10:14 PM »
Hill would be my first choise if he were available.  Since Milwaukee could not move Jefferson will that make sessions available in a S&T and could we do that somehow under the cap?

As a stopgap, Jack might not be a bad fit.

As in most drafts one of the group of Flynn, Collison and Lawson will probably blossom while the others will fail miserably or be Jacques Vaughn types at best.  The question is which one, if any.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
Re: Sixers vs. Bobcats: Can this team play disciplined basketball?
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2009, 11:59:45 PM »
Interesting article on PG play in the NBA for champions, definitely different in pros than college as far as playmaking PG's dominating.  I am starting to subscribe to the theory that guys like Miller and Nash make players seem better than they are, which is great for getting into the playoffs, but does not do much for getting them a title.  Cheeks was a good example, he was a decent playmaker, but never racked up huge assist numbers, he was very good at protecting the ball and playing D, plus he would always up his scoring in the playoffs. 

This team needs a new PG, but I won't kill myself if it is not a superstar type.  If we add more shooting firepower off the bench, and get back the injured guys (Smith and Brand) and the younger guys (Speights and Young) continue to develop, I would be very happy with a defensively strong, good outside shooter who is careful with the ball role player type PG going forward.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9433348/Great-point-guards-are-nice,-but-aren't-necessary