Author Topic: Sixers vs. Pistons: AI's Future  (Read 1584 times)

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
Sixers vs. Pistons: AI's Future
« on: April 04, 2009, 11:19:36 AM »
Gotta win this one.  Need to keep pushing hard for the 5 seed.  Don't forget, it's a 3PM game.

I know AI isn't technically on the Sixers, but I feel like discussing him since we're playing the Pistons.  He's out for the year and said that he only wants to start next year.  Does he get a starting job?  One interesting theory I've heard is that he should go over to Europe where he can still be a megastar and the competition isn't as tough.

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sixers vs. Pistons: AI's Future
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 04:48:16 PM »
76ers clinch a playoff spot!

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 09:51:37 PM »
Oh well, no tanking the season for a good draft pick now!  Atlanta is only 2 games ahead, so there is still a realistic shot at getting the 4 seed and home court in the first round.

Tomorrow is New Jersey and another must win for the Sixers. Nothing would be sweeter than eliminating them from the playoffs, and catching Atlanta.

Iguodala, Miller and Williams all had great games, Miller's would have been spectacular, except that he went 6-17.  Speights played 25 min, and got 10 pts. and 5 boards, which is a little substandard for him.  The Sixers won the rebound battle which is big against the Pistons.

Hopefully the extra few hours of rest from a matinee will make a difference and they'll be able to muster the energy to drop the Nets in a back to back.  The Nets themselves should also be tired; they lost to Chicago.

This was a good win, because Detroit really needed it and couldn't match the Sixers intensity. They are in danger of missing the playoffs, wouldn't THAT be sweet for Larry Brown!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 09:59:20 PM by rickortreat »

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 03:21:58 AM »
I'm up in Providence for the weekend visiting some old college friends, and was pleasantly surprised to see that the game was being shown on ESPN... and I certainly relished the opportunity to represent in front of a bunch of Celtic fans.  Since we were without Thad and Brand, I'd have to call this a HUGE win.  This team really has shown some ability to fight through adversity this season... whether it be a coaching change, whether it be key injuries, or whether it be bouncing off several excruciating losses.  All things considered, things could be a lot worse than being 5 games above .500 with 7 games remaining in 5th place.  The Andres just played phenomenal basketball today.

I must add... I've made it pretty clear as of late than I'm not all that fond of Reggie Evans, but I do have to give the man some props for working on his free throws.  The type of player that Evans is, being able to consistently knock down free throws would increase his value tremendously.  He knows how to earn the opportunity to get to the stripe, as he did this afternoon in a crucial moment, and lately he's been helping himself out by knocking them down.