Author Topic: Mo Speights Facts  (Read 1533 times)

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
Mo Speights Facts
« on: April 02, 2009, 02:11:21 PM »
Okay, so I worded the topic in such a way that you may or may not have come in here expecting "facts".  But no, I decided to look up some real facts, because we need him to step up big for the next 2-3 weeks.

Mo Speights leads all Rookies in PER (as he has pretty much all season) with a 19.10 PER.

Speights has an Estimated Wins Added of 4.0 in only 15.3 MPG over 70 games.  Given starter's minutes over the season (I just doubled his current minutes), he would be the 10th best PF in the NBA in this stat.

Speights has a Rebound Rate of 14.1.  This is better than Dirk, Jamison, Amare, and Aldridge among others.

Feel free to add your own!

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Mo Speights Facts
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 03:14:22 PM »
Now maybe we'll get to see if he can maintain that PER at 30+ min. per game. It's really unfair, because if he starts putting up 20 and 10 he'd be worthy of ROY honors.  No one is paying any attention to him, since he hasn't gotten sufficient minutes.

If they start Evans, I'm going to strangle someone.

Offline RickyPryor

• View Profile
Re: Mo Speights Facts
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 07:33:19 AM »
The reason he doesn't play 'twice the minutes' is because he can't.  As I said months ago - rookie bigs don't play tons and tons of minutes.  They just don't.  Nor should they.

It's unrealistic to go from 30 (shorter) games to 82 (longer) games.

So if his minutes doubled, his productivity would go DOWN...it would not double.  It doesn't work that way.

The predominant job of a PF, IMO, is to protect the paint...and rebound (thereby initiating our transition offense; key to the Sixers success).  He does neither.  And that negates all the sweet jump shooting you all love so much.

I like the guy.  But he's 3 years away.