Author Topic: Sixers v. Bobcats 3/27/09  (Read 1916 times)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Sixers v. Bobcats 3/27/09
« on: March 27, 2009, 05:16:07 PM »
It is important for the Sixers to not overlook this team, since Larry Brown has them fighting for a playoff spot.  They aren't that good, but they are better than NJ and they beat the Sixers.

Besides, Phila. is 4 games behind Atlanta and the Hawks have an upcoming schedule that would be hard for any team:  Boston, L.A., Phila., Boston and Orlando.  That could be 5 losses for Atlanta right there, so it's important for the Sixers to win every game.

The Sixers have a few tough games left, 2 with Cleveland and 1 with Boston.  The most influential on the playoff picture will be 2 with Detroit and the one with Atlanta, the next two teams the Sixers face after Charlotte.

Outside of the Boston and Cleveland games we should win the rest of our 12 games. I would be very happy with a 9-3 record the rest of the way, and hope that we give Cleveland a tough time in our games with them.  If we stay in the 4/5 bracket, that's who the Sixers would face after Atlanta. I don't know how well we'll do, but I expect significantly better than when we played the Cavs last. Since they are fighting for home-court throughout the playoffs chances are they will be playing to win. I'd like to see if we can measure up, and if not, try and figure out a way. I think when they have Young and Iguodala in the game they need rebounding, interior defense and a point guard to be successful.  The coaches like to put in 2 guards, but I think they should put in 2 bigs instead. Like Dalembert and Speghts or Ratliff and Speights or Dalembert and Evans. I think with a line like that plus Thad Young trying to stay in front of Lebron gives us a better chance to contain him than most teams.

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sixers v. Bobcats 3/27/09
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 07:29:34 PM »
It is important for the Sixers to not overlook this team

Somebody should've told the Sixers this.  Ugly game so far.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 08:41:16 PM »
I don't like the way DiLeo coached this one.  Evans down the stretch?  Missed free throws, horrible fouls, yep... Evans delivered.  Not to mention, we had NO shotblockers on the floor.  I called Felton penetrating for two on that final possession before it happened... it was wide f'n open.  Horrible loss.

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 08:44:22 PM »
I don't like the way DiLeo coached this one.  Evans down the stretch?  Missed free throws, horrible fouls, yep... Evans delivered.  Not to mention, we had NO shotblockers on the floor.  I called Felton penetrating for two on that final possession before it happened... it was wide f'n open.  Horrible loss.

I couldn't have said it any better myself.  That was terrible.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 10:04:30 AM »
I put this one at Dileo's feet too.  In the first place, how is it, that this team goes into a stagnant offense the first time someone throws a zone at them?  It's like they don't recognize that it is one for a couple of plays in which they throw up outside shots, unwilling to work to get a better look.

Also, why does this team insist on having two guards on the floor plus Iguodala.  Against some teams they can get away with it, but when when the other team is out-rebounding you consistently you put in a bigger line-up that's coaching 101 and Dileo fails!

There was no reason they couldn't have paired Ratliff and Speights, or Dalemebert and Speights, except that the coaching staff doesn't make it happen. What is worse is that it is unlikely for them to get a clue about this during the remainder of the season, which means that we'll have real trouble advancing in the playoffs. 

Any team can run a zone, and right now that's probably all it takes to take out the Sixers.  Also, their defense was non-existant for long periods during the game. They couldn't get stops all night, and when they needed to at the end, they couldn't.  A bad loss, because the Sixers should know better by now.

At least Atlanta lost so we still have a shot at 4th, I just don't have a good feeling about the team right now.