Author Topic: Igggggggggggggy!  (Read 6170 times)

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
Igggggggggggggy!
« on: March 17, 2009, 11:57:39 PM »
That was a ridiculously good game, and I only saw the end of the 3rd and the 4th quarter.  Go on a huge run with Williams-Ivey-Iggy-Marshall-Evans, really just getting under their skin, especially Pau and Kobe.  Marshall goes 3-3 from beyond the arc.  Kobe finally hits a shot with 6.6 seconds, and Iggy rattles home a buzzerbeating 3.  Wow.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Igggggggggggggy!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 12:12:39 AM »
We just walked into L.A., held Kobe to 11 points and 5 turnovers, and for a change we weren't on the receiving end of a game winner.  Loving it.

Detroit also lost tonight.... Don't make me break out the Kool-Aid. 

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 12:15:40 AM »
    Coach says... get to the basket.
    I said, No, we are going to win the game... I got it, I'm going to win the game.

-Big Balls

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 12:22:13 AM »
After going 0-6 up until that point from 3 land.  80 Million Dollar Shot. 

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 12:22:26 AM »
The little Sixer guard who took it to the rack against Gasol late.  He really wanted the foul call.  Did look like a foul, but i thought the Flamers got most if not all the favorable calls down the stretch.  

Just makes the Ig shot and win that much sweeter.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 12:24:31 AM »
Elephant BALLS!

That was just stone-cold professional assassin mentality.  "I got it, I'm going to win the game."

Not even the Sixers best shot.  They would have done a lot better if Speights got any burn in the 2nd half.  The coaching staff is really bad.

Offline RickyPryor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 07:42:05 AM »
Agreed. At the time, like everyone, I'm calling for Donyell.  Or Donyell-as-decoy for Ivy...even Green.  But Iggy?  Wow.  Great, great game.

My game balls go to:

Iggy (terrific 'd'; tons of minutes)
Williams (single-handedly got us in the game in the first half; even had 6 assists)
Evans (a vaccume cleaner on the boards; no one plays with more energy)
Donyell (9 pts and 3 assists in 10 minutes, AND he battled their big guys WAY harder than I thought capable)

My dog:

Tony.  You wimpy, whiney, bug-eyed know-nothing.  You wanted a TWO with :06??  On the ROAD??  Against the friggin LAKERS??  Ass wipe.  Philly can't tolerate a coach like that..........can we??

...and for good measure:

Phil.  You had a foul to give you dumb ass.  Iggy was half-waiting to be fouled, I thought.  I was like, 'hurry up...foul him.'  But it never came.  ;D

« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 07:49:05 AM by RickyPryor »

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 08:35:36 AM »
Damn, I went to bed at halftime.  Is Iggy taking that next step?  I feel more comfortable with him having the ball in his hands late in the game more and more as the season wears on.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2009, 10:02:36 AM »
Phil in the LA Times:

"I told the team we had to work real hard to lose that game," Jackson said. "We found a way to do it, though."

What class from the former NY player.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2009, 11:17:55 AM »

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2009, 11:18:31 AM »
Phil in the LA Times:

"I told the team we had to work real hard to lose that game," Jackson said. "We found a way to do it, though."

What class from the former NY player.

I hope Phil didn't stop too quickly when he gave that quote or Charley Rosen's head would have been stuck in Phil's ass again.  I can't wait to see Charley's take on it if he was at the game.

Reality - Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2009, 01:48:23 PM »
I've been high off this win all day.  I can't get the image of all the Laker's faces after Iguodala's shot out of my head.... and it's a fantastic image. 

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2009, 02:31:57 PM »
That's the way Phil is.  He uses every loss as a way to motivate his team.  I don't think his purpose is to directly put down his opposition, but it's a side effect of his methods of motivation.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2009, 04:02:54 PM »
Amazing excuses for the Lakers from media types like Gary Peyton.  Something to the effect of "they got a big lead and started sleepwalking"

It's pure nonsense. Everyone knows that games go through runs where each team takes over for a while, and then the other team comes back.  The Lakers opened up big leads twice last night, but the Sixers came right back both times.

In crunch time, good teams impose their will and break the other team.  The Sixers refused to crack last night and didn't back down.  Neither did the Lakers, but they could not control the game or stop the Sixers.

A good team wouldn't have let the Sixers back into the game, or rather a better team than the Lakers.  Frankly, the Lakers don't look like world beaters to me, their 2nd group is worse than the Sixers, and that's a serious deficiency. The Lakers couldn't stop the Sixers, or even slow them down and the Sixers don't have the most potent attack.  Phil should know better, bottom line is his team got beat by a group that wanted it more.

And a well-coached team doesn't let Iguodala take that shot,  but Andre is so quick that if Ariza tried to foul, Andre would have thrown up a shot to get three free throws.  The real problem was that Kobe took his shot too soon, and gave the Sixers a chance.  Sink that shot with 2 second left, and Iguodala can't get his off.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2009, 04:36:16 PM »
Gary Payton is the worst NBA analyst/commentator I've ever heard.  His behavior on NBA TV is borderline childish and is absolutely not funny.  He constantly contradicts himself, and somehow manages to turn every topic into a story about his playing days.  He really contaminated that channel.