Author Topic: Mysanantonio.com says gooden to sign with spurs  (Read 2647 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Mysanantonio.com says gooden to sign with spurs
« on: March 03, 2009, 10:12:03 PM »
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/2009/03/spurs-land-good.html

Spurs land Gooden for stretch run

By Jeff McDonald on Mar 03, 2009 8:18 PM  

Drew Gooden, traded from Chicago to Sacramento last month, has found another new basketball home ? in San Antonio. Gooden, who was bought out in Sacramento on Sunday, is expected to sign with the Spurs sometime after clearing waivers on Wednesday.
A 6-foot-10 power forward who gained NBA Finals experience against the Spurs in 2007 with Cleveland, Gooden will join a Spurs team clinging to a slim lead in the Southwest Division and chasing the Los Angeles Lakers in the Western Conference.

A number of teams made a run at Gooden after he became a free agent earlier this week, including Dallas and New Orleans, two of the Spurs' Southwest Division rivals. Ostensibly, the Spurs were able to entice him with the $1.5 million left over from their mid-level exception.

Gooden has been hobbled with a bad groin for much of the year, and left his only game with Sacramento with injury last Wednesday. A 7-year NBA veteran, Gooden is averaging 13.1 points and 8.7 rebounds in 32 games this season.

On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Mysanantonio.com says gooden to sign with spurs
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 10:18:01 PM »
I am curious to see where he is at in the rotation.  I don't really remember Gooden being anything to talk about on the defensive end.  Anyone seen him enough to say really?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 10:26:48 PM »
Is it too late to jump on the Spurs bandwagon?  :D
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 10:53:56 PM »
Last word is he has some ongoing groin injury, or that could be what was used to be waived by the kings, who knows.  I think he can give tim some help with rebounds and take some of the presure off of him.  I guess it will depend if gooden is really hurt or not.  I am hoping he was just unhappy with his previous teams.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 10:58:05 PM »
Last word is he has some ongoing groin injury, or that could be what was used to be waived by the kings, who knows.  I think he can give tim some help with rebounds and take some of the presure off of him.  I guess it will depend if gooden is really hurt or not.  I am hoping he was just unhappy with his previous teams.

If Bonner is on the Spurs STARTING front line then my homies and I could beat them.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 09:09:24 AM »

If Bonner is on the Spurs STARTING front line then my homies and I could beat them.

I'd have to agree with WOW on this one.  With Bonner in the starting line up and Duncan playing at less than 100% it's like the least athletic team in the entire league  ;D

*ducks shots from 6-shooter*

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 01:46:35 PM »

But Bonner can shoot the lights out like nobodies business.  Logic then dictates that he is severely underrated, and given how good he is at shooting he is probably the most underrated player in the league.  Shooting seems to be the one criteria that seems to define a player overall quality.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 03:11:51 PM »

But Bonner can shoot the lights out like nobodies business.  Logic then dictates that he is severely underrated, and given how good he is at shooting he is probably the most underrated player in the league.  Shooting seems to be the one criteria that seems to define a player overall quality.

People argue Horry belongs in the HOF based on his long range shooting ability.  So I guess you never know.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 03:25:03 PM »

People argue Horry belongs in the HOF based on his long range shooting ability.  So I guess you never know.

Long range shooting ability...in major playoff games.  You forgot a key part.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 03:28:36 PM »

So how ironic would it be for Bonner to place a dagger in the Lakers during a key game 5 or 6?
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 03:51:20 PM »

So how ironic would it be for Bonner to place a dagger in the Lakers during a key game 5 or 6?

Ironic, sure.  Would that put him on the same stage as Horry? Not really.  Horry had done it MANY times over the course of his career.  Not just in one game.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 08:07:10 PM »

Horry did more than just shoot.  For example, if it wasn't for Horry's veteran savy the Suns would have a championship banner.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"