Author Topic: Spurs may grab Gooden...  (Read 7221 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Spurs may grab Gooden...
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2009, 11:48:05 AM »
What can Gooden to that Tim Thomas can't do?

Play for the Spurs.  Tim Thomas plays for the Bulls.

Even on the flub, since when is Kurt Thomas athletic and active in scoring in the paint????  I've been watching a lot of Spurs games the last few weeks (they've been getting national love btw) and I don't see this new Kurt Thomas.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2009, 12:35:50 PM »
Thomas isn't athletic...he is a savvy vet who knows how to defend and work under the basket.  He also has a reliable 12-15 foot jumper that is more important than having another scorer in the paint.

But then I also think Gooden is a better rebounder and low post scorer.  I am not arguning that Gooden won't help but I don't see Gooden as this year's Gasol deal either.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2009, 01:15:50 PM »

Get into the paint and score?  :D

The All-Reality Team:

Von Wafer potential 2009 Championship
Kurt Thomas 2008 Championship sans Popped
Fabs Obencho 2007 Championship
Whomever scored the most points on the Lakers in last nights game
Shaq O Neal 2006 Championship

*In Dick Vitale Voice* YEAH BABY
Not a bad bunch of solid roleys, B-Rad.  I don't mind this list at all.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2009, 01:40:40 PM »
Thomas isn't athletic...he is a savvy vet who knows how to defend and work under the basket.  He also has a reliable 12-15 foot jumper that is more important than having another scorer in the paint.

But then I also think Gooden is a better rebounder and low post scorer.  I am not arguning that Gooden won't help but I don't see Gooden as this year's Gasol deal either.
I just wonder when -if ever, Timmy Dunks will be given a solid frontline.  DRob is long gone.
Gooden might be okay.  NazrRash was good for one title.  Not enough.  I need back to backers.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2009, 03:10:51 PM »

I just wonder when -if ever, Timmy Dunks will be given a solid frontline.  DRob is long gone.
Gooden might be okay.  NazrRash was good for one title.  Not enough.  I need back to backers.

Depends on what you define as a solid frontline.  If you mean an all-star big man then it ain't gonna happen.  If you mean solid role players that play team defense and rebound...then they have those.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2009, 03:19:27 PM »
Someone to take the pressure off Timmy Dunks by adding both O and D is what has been prayed for.  Snakebitten by both Splitter and Manhinmi for this season.

If we're going to roll the dice on Bonner being hot, then gawd help us.  If he does get hot all the way to a title I will buy WoW three complete dinners at the L.A. eseside restraunt of his choice. 
Fabs was great in 2007, he needs to retire now or get traded for Gasol.  I do not think we title with Fabs at more then 15 min per game.

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2009, 03:38:36 PM »

Play for the Spurs.  Tim Thomas plays for the Bulls.

Is he actually PLAYING for the Bulls this time around?  Or is he still in full pout mode, like last time around?
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2009, 03:42:02 PM »

Who would?  Gasol was a LEGITIMATE ALL-STAR.  (And, just for the record, Laker fans, that's PAU Gasol.  His brother Marc is no All-Star (or potential All-Star)).  Gooden is a very solid young player.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2009, 03:50:35 PM »

Who would?  Gasol was a LEGITIMATE ALL-STAR.  (And, just for the record, Laker fans, that's PAU Gasol.  His brother Marc is no All-Star (or potential All-Star)).  Gooden is a very solid young player.

If Marc Gasol continues to improve his game he can easily be a 'potential' all-star.  As soon as the Tim Duncan and Dirk's start to drop off here I don't see a huge amount of big men in the WC who would keep him out *IF* he continues to improve like he has since training camp.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2009, 04:09:41 PM »

If Marc Gasol continues to improve his game he can easily be a 'potential' all-star.  As soon as the Tim Duncan and Dirk's start to drop off here I don't see a huge amount of big men in the WC who would keep him out *IF* he continues to improve like he has since training camp.

Just to name 3 other western centers...

Yao
Bynum
Oden
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2009, 04:33:53 PM »

Just to name 3 other western centers...

Yao
Bynum
Oden

Yao will be gone the same time Duncan is.

Bynum, sure.  If he of course can stay healthy for any stretch of time during the first half of a season.

Oden, I think he will be an all-star as well but he has the injury problem too.....

You know Gasol's numbers are comparable to Bynum's and Oden's right now.  Just saying.....I am by no means saying he will be better than both of them but he's not a bad player.  He has shown improvement over the course of the year.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 04:43:19 PM by westkoast »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2009, 08:09:47 PM »
Oh boy, another older plodding frontliner to keep Duncan down.

He's the same as Pao Gasol.   
rrrrrrraaaaaauuuugh owned!

"older" Gooden is in his 20's you moron!  You got OWNED big time on that one!  Obviously you cannot respond.  :D
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2009, 10:17:20 PM »
If Marc Gasol continues to improve his game he can easily be a 'potential' all-star

You know Gasol's numbers are comparable to Bynum's and Oden's right now.

What numbers would those be, and just to cut to the chase, why are those numbers the numbers that matter?
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2009, 11:15:08 PM »

So right now Marc has the "potential" to be a "potential all-star"?

So in basically you are saying that when the Lakers traded for Pau they new they were giving up a guy who had the "potential" to have the current "potential" to be a "potential all-star"...do I have that right?

FYI kid, you either have the potential to be an all-star or you don't.  You don't work to have the potential to be an all-star.  Take a break and sip some Mountain Dew or something.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2009, 09:09:10 AM »
"older" Gooden is in his 20's you moron!  You got OWNED big time on that one!  Obviously you cannot respond.  :D
"Older" Gooden is injured, slow and plodding.  Not the athletic F Timmy Dunks deserves.
Try rooting for a team that earns its titles.

owned.