Author Topic: Derek I have a Philly question  (Read 1675 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Derek I have a Philly question
« on: April 21, 2004, 06:55:51 PM »
My nephew is playing in a baseball tournament at Cooperstown this summer, so we are going to go out and watch him.  We were thinking of heading to Philly for a few days, as none of have ever been to Pennsylvania.  How hard is it to get tickets for a Phillies game?  Besides Independance Hall, and the Liberty Bell what would be some cool historical sites to visit while we are there?
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline gaither

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2004, 07:29:06 PM »
I'm not Dabods and it's been a few years since I was in Philadelphia, but my recommendations would be the Franklin Institute of Science, Franklin Mint, and Academy of Natural Sciences. If you have time, you might want to also drive out to Valley Forge, which is near by Philadelphia.

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2004, 10:53:13 PM »
I'm not Dabods and it's been a few years since I was in Philadelphia, but my recommendations would be the Franklin Institute of Science, Franklin Mint, and Academy of Natural Sciences. If you have time, you might want to also drive out to Valley Forge, which is near by Philadelphia.
Thank you.  I have a  4 year old (at least he will be when we go) boy.  How is the Philly zoo, and is their a childrens museum?
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2004, 09:12:11 AM »
Phillies tickets have actually been at or near sellouts so far.  Of course, that's because of the new-stadium buzz.  During the summer months you should have no problems getting tickets.  I'd probably look to do so a few weeks in advance just to be sure tho.

I was going to recommend the art museum or penn's archeological museum, but I'm not sure that's really appealing to the 4 year old :P

gaither's definitely right on the franklin museum.  That will have a little something for everyone.

Been awhile since I was at the Zoo, not sure exactly what it has in regards for kids museums.  I'm sure it has something, kids are one of the biggest draws there.  And It's cheap, and real close to the franklin institute.

You could probably spend a day just down in the historical district there's so much.  From the Liberty Bell, to Independence Hall, to the house where Jefferson wrote the constitution, the 2nd national bank and so on.

I'll try to think of some other things.