Author Topic: How'd the Kings and Mavs play that game?  (Read 2948 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
How'd the Kings and Mavs play that game?
« on: April 21, 2004, 11:14:49 AM »
Of all the types of games you would expect these two teams to play, a low scoring thugfest was not on the agenda.

Najera was put into the game for no other reason then to beat up on Webber. Turned out it was effective, as Chris barely added to his already accomplished triple double after Najera found Chris' crystals to be so fascinating. Bubbling with overconfidence afterwards, Eduardo yelled at a group of reporters in the lockerroom that Dallas would, "kick their a**!!!" in game three back home.

It was also clear from the pregame talk and the looks on their faces that there was no way the Mavericks expected to lose twice in Sacramento. If overconfidence won playoff series, the Mavs would have already blown the Kings off the court by now.

Dallas is also counted on their #1 home court advantage to win the next two games there. It would be wonderful if having the best home record during the regular season made a difference in the playoffs, but as the Kings' Bobby Jackson found out two years ago, it doesn't matter any longer once the post season play starts.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2004, 11:37:11 AM »
When I saw the score this morning I just figured they called the game after 3 quarters.  How else could you explain such a low score?
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2004, 12:01:55 PM »
But Najera's physical play angered Kings coach Rick Adelman. The Dallas forward twice sent Webber tumbling to the floor.

"You throw a guy in the game like Najera, and the only reason he's in there is to beat the hell out of Webber," Adelman said. "I don't think there's room in the game for that."

Umm, anyone else think this is amusing?  A team with Brad Miller complaining about a player playing physically?  Adelman is SUCH a whiner but hey, at least he's consistent.  He whines about all the time -- not just when the Kings lose.  As for the refs last night, I don't think the Kings have anything to whine about -- they definately got homecourt advantage with calls.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2004, 12:18:35 PM »
Of all the types of games you would expect these two teams to play, a low scoring thugfest was not on the agenda.

Najera was put into the game for no other reason then to beat up on Webber. Turned out it was effective, as Chris barely added to his already accomplished triple double after Najera found Chris' crystals to be so fascinating. Bubbling with overconfidence afterwards, Eduardo yelled at a group of reporters in the lockerroom that Dallas would, "kick their a**!!!" in game three back home.

It was also clear from the pregame talk and the looks on their faces that there was no way the Mavericks expected to lose twice in Sacramento. If overconfidence won playoff series, the Mavs would have already blown the Kings off the court by now.

Dallas is also counted on their #1 home court advantage to win the next two games there. It would be wonderful if having the best home record during the regular season made a difference in the playoffs, but as the Kings' Bobby Jackson found out two years ago, it doesn't matter any longer once the post season play starts.
I thought it had more to do with C-webb just dominating the first half then it did with Najera beating up on him.  He just put out way too much energy in the first and his legs couldnt hang in the 2nd.  He played excellent tho.  I was very impressed.  The scary thing is that hes not 100%
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2004, 01:55:01 PM »
But Najera's physical play angered Kings coach Rick Adelman. The Dallas forward twice sent Webber tumbling to the floor.

"You throw a guy in the game like Najera, and the only reason he's in there is to beat the hell out of Webber," Adelman said. "I don't think there's room in the game for that."

Umm, anyone else think this is amusing?  A team with Brad Miller complaining about a player playing physically?  Adelman is SUCH a whiner but hey, at least he's consistent.  He whines about all the time -- not just when the Kings lose.  As for the refs last night, I don't think the Kings have anything to whine about -- they definately got homecourt advantage with calls.
"It's hard to imagine the mind-set of the referees. It just turned into a mud wrestling contest,'' Phil Jackson said at the Lakers' training facility in El Segundo. ``I don't think that's what the teams want.

``Maybe Houston wants that kind of game. I'm not going to blame the Rockets. They're all these variety of unusual things that were called, weren't called, missed calls. The shooting gets to be so difficult, it mires itself into an unpleasant sight for spectators.''

Umm, anyone else think this is amusing?  A team with Shaq, Karl Malone, and Rick Fox complaining about physical play?  Jackson is SUCH a whiner but hey, at least he's consistent.  He whines about all the time -- not just when the Lakers lose.  As for the refs last night, I don't think the Lakers have anything to whine about -- they definately got homecourt advantage with calls.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2004, 01:55:32 PM by JoMal »
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2004, 02:05:21 PM »
As for the refs last night, I don't think the Lakers have anything to whine about -- they definately got homecourt advantage with calls.
DAMMIT!  

I missed a Lakers game last night?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2004, 02:08:31 PM »

"It's hard to imagine the mind-set of the referees. It just turned into a mud wrestling contest,'' Phil Jackson said at the Lakers' training facility in El Segundo. ``I don't think that's what the teams want.

``Maybe Houston wants that kind of game. I'm not going to blame the Rockets. They're all these variety of unusual things that were called, weren't called, missed calls. The shooting gets to be so difficult, it mires itself into an unpleasant sight for spectators.''

Umm, anyone else think this is amusing?  A team with Shaq, Karl Malone, and Rick Fox complaining about physical play?  Jackson is SUCH a whiner but hey, at least he's consistent.  He whines about all the time -- not just when the Lakers lose.  As for the refs last night, I don't think the Lakers have anything to whine about -- they definately got homecourt advantage with calls.
Two differences, I don't stick up for Adelman when he whines.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2004, 03:54:16 PM »
Two differences, I don't stick up for Adelman when he whines.

Yes you do.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2004, 03:56:34 PM »
That's only one difference Randy, and I wouldn't expect you to stick up for Adelman, Jackson perhaps.
Dan

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2004, 04:37:23 PM »
Right.

I am reading way too much into Randy's cryptic posts and assuming he knows what he is talking about. Thanks for noticing, Laker Fan.

Offline gaither

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2004, 07:20:58 PM »
Glad I only saw the first half of the game. Webber was impressive...he brought the kind of game I was hoping he would do when he first returned from his energy. He adjusted his game to the team's game instead of expecting them to adjust their game to him. Peja was so bad in the first half of the game it was almost comical. I figured he'd get his stroke down in the second half, but judging by the score, I guess he didn't.

I like what I'm seeing from the Kings so far in this match-up.

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2004, 10:48:10 PM »
That's only one difference Randy, and I wouldn't expect you to stick up for Adelman, Jackson perhaps.
It was meant to say:  two differences -- I don't stick up for Adelman or Jackson when they whine.  Sorry, someone interrupted me so I hurried the post.