Author Topic: The power of marketing, who here will be the first to buy?  (Read 1736 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
The power of marketing, who here will be the first to buy?
« on: February 13, 2009, 11:29:49 AM »
India's Hindu nationalist movement is launching a new soft drink made from cow urine.

The bovine brew is in the final stages of development by the Cow Protection Department of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), India's biggest and oldest Hindu nationalist group, according to the man who makes it.

Om Prakash, the head of the department, said the drink ? called "gau jal," or "cow water" ? in Sanskrit was undergoing laboratory tests and would be launched "very soon, maybe by the end of this year."

"Don't worry, it won't smell like urine and will be tasty too," he told the Times of London from his headquarters in Hardwar, one of four holy cities on the River Ganges. "Its USP will be that it's going to be very healthy. It won't be like carbonated drinks and would be devoid of any toxins."

The drink is the latest attempt by the RSS ? which was founded in 1925 and now claims 8 million members ? to cleanse India of foreign influence and promote its ideology of Hindutva, or Hindu-ness.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: The power of marketing, who here will be the first to buy?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 12:00:14 PM »
Still beats Mountain Dew.   ;)
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 12:11:41 PM »

Sucker! It is Mountain Dew!
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 12:23:13 PM »
 :D

It's so obvious in retrospect....
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 12:24:07 PM »

Sucker! It is Mountain Dew!

So it doubles has birth control as well?

Looks like this is the perfect drink for a country with a population problem then!
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 12:33:09 PM »

Oh my god you are right and I drink that stuff by the gallon.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 01:19:30 AM »
Never drank Mountain Dew.  Never could quench my thirst with something that made me thirstier.
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."