Author Topic: Should we take bets on where Amare is going?  (Read 3724 times)

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Re: Should we take bets on where Amare is going?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2009, 04:44:38 PM »
I'll pass.

I have to...because Amare sure as heck won't.

Amare is the next version of Stephon Marbury - too self-important and over-egotistical to do anything but damage in the long-term.

My idea is to offer him to the Lakers in exchange for Gasol and Odom and watch LA self-destruct.

The only place Amare will thrive is in a place where he can do the things he does - someplace like New Orleans or New York.  Anywhere that discipline is required...forget it.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2009, 06:10:43 PM »
I'll pass.

Amare is the next version of Stephon Marbury - too self-important and over-egotistical to do anything but damage in the long-term.

My idea is to offer him to the Lakers in exchange for Gasol and Odom and watch LA self-destruct.

The only place Amare will thrive is in a place where he can do the things he does - someplace like New Orleans or New York.  Anywhere that discipline is required...forget it.

Not going to work.  Amare's ego compared to Shaq and Kobe's?  Are you serious?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2009, 06:17:09 PM »
I'll pass.

I don't think Scott would put up with him in NO.  And Amare would absolutely HATE being second fiddle to Paul.

NY, Chicago, Denver, Clippers.  These are teams I think believe they would be better with him.  Not sure if all of them have the right assets to pull off a deal though.  Toronto would have been on the list if they hadn't traded for Marion.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2009, 07:36:47 PM »

Where I'd LIKE to see Stoudemire end up is in New Orleans.

So are you saying you would try to move David West for him if you were the GM?

I just want Stoudamire to go to a team with a PG who can run the pick and roll effectively.  If he ended up in N.O I would be just as happy if he ended up in Chicago.

Hmmm. I'm thinking something along the lines of Boozer and change for Amare. Boozer thinks he's going to get a max contract. But there are actually going to be few teams with the room.

You think a primadona like Amare will make it in Utah?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"