Author Topic: Stoudamire Gone? Shaq too maybe?  (Read 1310 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Stoudamire Gone? Shaq too maybe?
« on: February 07, 2009, 12:39:50 PM »
According to ESPN.com the PHX Suns are taking calls for Stoudamire from Chicago and Detroit.  They are also entertaining talks of trades for Shaq as well.  I couldn't copy and paste the article so I made it brief.  Apparently one or both will be moved before Feb 19th to free up cap space and to kick the team in the rear since they've been playing below expectations.

Thoughts?  I think Rose and Stoudamire would be AWESOME!  And I think Steve Kerr needs to be traded....not Stoudamire.  The teams struggling has to do with Kerr first and foremost.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Stoudamire Gone? Shaq too maybe?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 03:19:30 PM »
I read something recently about Aldridge and LaFrentz for Amare.  Have no idea if it has legs or not, if it was just blogger on a deadline, if Phx talked about it or if it was Portland that was inquiring.  I like LaMarcus, and I believe he has a very bright future, but he has a long ways to go to be as productive as Amare.  Amare is a bit of head case if you ask me, and defense is not a strong suit, but he can really produce.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 05:30:32 PM »
I read something recently about Aldridge and LaFrentz for Amare.  Have no idea if it has legs or not, if it was just blogger on a deadline, if Phx talked about it or if it was Portland that was inquiring.  I like LaMarcus, and I believe he has a very bright future, but he has a long ways to go to be as productive as Amare.  Amare is a bit of head case if you ask me, and defense is not a strong suit, but he can really produce.
Yeah lots of blog rumors going around.  Other media too.  A Jersey site has one of Vince Carter going to either Toronto (no kidding :D ) or the Spurs.
http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/2009/02/nj_nets_just_13_shopping_days.html

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 06:55:07 PM »
Yeah lots of blog rumors going around.  Other media too.  A Jersey site has one of Vince Carter going to either Toronto (no kidding :D ) or the Spurs.
http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/2009/02/nj_nets_just_13_shopping_days.html

ESPN broke down possible trade situations involving Amare and one of them was.....

Sending him to Miami for Shawn Marion and Michael Beasley  :D
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 11:38:27 PM »
What I've read about this scenario is that the Suns are blowing up the current team and rebuilding.  The strange thing is that the owner is saying he wants to rebuild around Nash.  To me it sounds like they are regretting blowing up D'Antoni's team/system.  After all the talk about "run n gun" not being a playoff style of b-ball, building around a core of Amare/Shaq makes more sense than Nash.  Nash is more suited for D'Antoni style, so I guess they are admitting their mistake.  IMO it's extreemly foolish to build around Nash at his age.

The other thing that is fueling these rumors is Amare's attitude and words off the court.  He's made it clear that he is walking away from the Suns in 2010 so the Suns are looking to get something for him before he walks.

IMO they are the most disapointing team this season, the Sixers and Mavs close behind.  They have so much talent and are getting so little out of it.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"