Poll

Board poll.  Whose MSG performance was more impressive?    

Lebron
3 (75%)
Kobe
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Board Poll: LeBron or Kobe at MSG?  (Read 2865 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Board Poll: LeBron or Kobe at MSG?
« on: February 05, 2009, 11:19:16 AM »
Lebron
52 pts
10 boards
11 assists
2 blocks 

Kobe
61 pts
O boards   :D
3 assists
2 steals

rrrrrrraaaaaaauuuugh.  http://forums.phillyarena.net/index.php?topic=5302.0

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Re: Board Poll: LeBron or Kobe at MSG?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 12:22:53 PM »
Maybe next we can see who puts up better numbers against the local junior high team.

A win vs. a win.  I call it even.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 01:32:18 PM »
Lebron
52 pts
10 boards
11 assists
2 blocks 

Kobe
61 pts
O boards   :D
3 assists
2 steals

rrrrrrraaaaaaauuuugh.  http://forums.phillyarena.net/index.php?topic=5302.0

Which one just had their team announce the injury to a starting center and which one had a starting center return?  This is justy as relevant as every other stat you listed.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 02:39:16 PM »
Which one just had their team announce the injury to a starting center and which one had a starting center return?  This is justy as relevant as every other stat you listed.

ziggy  They won it last year without Superbyns, so they can certainly do it again.  As far as the 8-12 week thing this injury seems more severe than last years, so I would expect 12 weeks minimum.

Lurker  I'm with you ziggy.  This Lakers team is now the same one that won the WC last year.  Except with experience together.  Even Jackson knows the score..

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 03:42:03 PM »
Are you seriously laughing because he didn't get any boards?  The guy drops 61 points shooting over 50% yet some how you still find a way to hate.  Your gimmick is so tired at this point.

I didn't get to watch the Cavs game but any time you post a triple double its dope.  Like was already said though A win is a win.  They both are playing a team who can't play defense to save their life.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 06:27:46 PM »
One performance was historic, the other was not....pretty simple IMO.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 07:46:34 PM »

I know...only the second 50 pt triple double ever.  Ever since Kareem back in 75.  And only the second player besides Jordan to score over 50 pts twice at MSG.  Kind of like shooting at the record books with a shotgun approach as opposed to a single sniper shot.

As a coach I would give up 9 points for +8 assists and +10 boards.  As long as you are comparing W vs W.

But then I'm also not a Laker (kobe) nut rider.   ;)
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 08:13:06 PM »

I know...only the second 50 pt triple double ever.  Ever since Kareem back in 75.  And only the second player besides Jordan to score over 50 pts twice at MSG.  Kind of like shooting at the record books with a shotgun approach as opposed to a single sniper shot.

As a coach I would give up 9 points for +8 assists and +10 boards.  As long as you are comparing W vs W.

So are you saying that the team with the most rebounds gets the "W" in the NBA now?  Or is it the team with the most assists?  I could have sworn the Lakers won that game because they had more points than the Knicks after the 4th quarter.

Kenny and Malone are basically saying that Kobe or LeBron would be kissing the hardwood before they even sniffed 50 points "back in the day".
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 11:27:51 PM »

ESPN wrote an article disagreeing with you.

Oh and they also talked about how Lebron was upset because Kobe was getting rock star treatment in China.  So much for him not having an ego and all that good stuff.  Go read the article.

Btw...no 61, no 52.  That's the truth.  Everyone knows it.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 11:48:10 PM »
The Kobe nut ridding wagon is getting crowded again.  Tons of New Yorkers and a few Boston natives as well!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 10:39:20 AM »

So are you saying that the team with the most rebounds gets the "W" in the NBA now?  Or is it the team with the most assists?  I could have sworn the Lakers won that game because they had more points than the Knicks after the 4th quarter.

Kenny and Malone are basically saying that Kobe or LeBron would be kissing the hardwood before they even sniffed 50 points "back in the day".

Last I heard, the team getting the most rebounds generally has an easier time getting the most points....
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 10:58:52 AM »

Last I heard, the team getting the most rebounds generally has an easier time getting the most points....

Also 8 assists = 16 points (or more).  16 points > 9 points.  Unless, of course, you aren't concerned about your team scoring the most points.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2009, 11:01:58 AM »
Also 8 assists = 16 points (or more).  16 points > 9 points.  Unless, of course, you aren't concerned about your team scoring the most points.
:D  Excellent.

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2009, 12:48:45 PM »

A win vs. a win.  I call it even.

+1. 

Both incredible performances by stud players.  The most important thing is that both players did what the did to get their teams the "W". 

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2009, 05:39:49 PM »
Well, obviously Sternfish isn't ready for LeBron to take away Kobe's thunder...

NBA strips LeBron of triple-double

NEW YORK -- LeBron James lost his latest triple-double Friday when the NBA determined that one of his rebounds should have been credited to Cleveland teammate Ben Wallace.

James scored a season-high 52 points and had 11 assists Wednesday in the Cavaliers' 107-102 victory at New York. He was believed to have a triple-double when he grabbed what went down as a 10th rebound with less than 2 seconds left.

However, the league reviewed the game and ruled that a rebound given to James with 39.3 seconds remaining should have been credited to Wallace. The corrected statistics now have James with nine rebounds and Wallace with two.

James' performance came two nights after Kobe Bryant set a record at the present Madison Square Garden by scoring 61 points in the Lakers' 126-117 victory over the Knicks.

"I don't go out there for the numbers, I just play my game," James said after Wednesday's game when he was still thought to have recorded a triple-double. "You guys seen every phase of my game tonight, the scoring, the rebounding, the assists and defensively just trying to attack the opposing team.

"I never thought you could look at the box score and see somebody with 50 with a triple-double, but it's happened."

James will get a chance to faceoff against Bryant when the Lakers visit Cleveland on Sunday.

A release from the league said: "All NBA games are reviewed to ensure the accuracy of the game statistics."

Had the triple-double stood, it would have been the first 50-point game in a triple-double since Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in 1975.

James now remains with three triple-doubles this season and 20 for his career.

The Associated Press contributed to this story.
-Moody Blues