Author Topic: Brand: Buyers remorse?  (Read 16305 times)

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Brand: Buyers remorse?
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2009, 01:26:44 PM »
TGP, I say this with love.  Get your bitchass back here!   8)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2009, 01:42:04 PM »
A Celtics fan who was also a transplanted LAC fan doesn't like Brand, big surprise there.  Simmons is funny, when it comes to actual analysis he is a bit of a douche.

Hes horrible.  If he wants to be a comedic writer then he should seek work out for that.  He spends more time 'making funnies' than he does 'making sense'
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline sixers610

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2009, 06:04:32 PM »
Ricky and Jem are here? Holy crap.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2009, 06:25:52 PM »
Your half right.  Jem was here.

Offline sixers610

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2009, 08:49:06 PM »
I see.

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2009, 08:53:10 PM »
I think he is trying to be loyal to realgm and make it better as a mod.  Still don't know why he stopped posting here.

LOL! Actually... it has NOTHING to do with the mod duties over at RealGM. I had this site bookmarked on my old laptop and then it died. Then I got the link off of your signature on RealGM and then forgot my password. It was all bad stuff.

Anywho, I'm back. It's been about 8 months since I've posted on here... what happened to Jem??

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2009, 09:08:57 PM »
I have not had trouble finding this place, but every time I log back in it seems that I have to enter myy screen name and password lately.  Anyone have a fix, I think it started about the time D-bods made some updates to the site.  I have no trouble posting, just staying logged in.

As for Jem, he suddenly departed these waters right around the first of the year.  Apparently for the usual reasons, although it never seemed to get too bad in this particular piece of the overall forum (he had a large number of posts, way more than could possibly be related to this particular part of the forum).  I understand the decision, but I still miss having him post here. Ciest la vie.

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2009, 10:20:05 PM »
Jem is the Jenny to my Forrest Gump. I have actually gone to various message boards just because he was there and used to occasionally chat with him on IM but as usual... he's always on the move.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 12:36:03 AM by TheGuiltyParty »

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2009, 11:50:04 PM »
Great to see you made it back over here TGP.  This place has been slow recently, but some good posters have started returning, so it should pick up.  We also need to get JohnyBroadStreet back.

If you want to talk to John/Jem he is always posting at depressedfan.com and libertyballers.com (two active Sixers blogs who have not (yet) kicked Jem off the island.)

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2009, 12:41:30 AM »
He's old news at this point for me. Anywho, it's cool to post back over here. There's a group of posters who I really enjoy reading (tk, ankle, skates, etc) and they all seem to be posting less and less on RealGM. At least bebop has been posting over there to help make up for a LOT of the nonsense. I find myself either directly involved in or mediating a lot of back-and-forth pissing contests. Most of them seem to involve the same two posters but whatever... that's message board BS for you.

So anyway, anyone have any positive feelings toward this franchise? I just wish I knew what we were trying to do (be a young team building towards the future or a veteran team lead by Miller and Brand who are looking to contend in the next 2 years). I don't think we can be both for much longer.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2009, 07:27:51 AM »
I have not had trouble finding this place, but every time I log back in it seems that I have to enter myy screen name and password lately.  Anyone have a fix, I think it started about the time D-bods made some updates to the site.  I have no trouble posting, just staying logged in.

check your bookmarks.  If you're going to forums.phillyarena.net, that could be the reason.  Change them to forums.phillyarena.com

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2009, 08:16:57 AM »
Derek, I did have a problem posting a comment to one of your blog entries. Something about a new cache or unique cache?  I had to log in as an admin before I could post a comment.  It is the only tme I've had that issue, so maybe it is an isolated one.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2009, 08:21:36 AM »
if there's an issue then it's something unrelated to the forums.

Offline bebopdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2009, 09:46:02 AM »
TGP:

Thanks for the love, bro.  I've only been over at RealGM because it has been so slow here.

As I said in another thread, I think that Stefanski is gonna play hardball with Miller this summer...offer him 3/30 and dare him to take a big pay-cut to go West.  If Miller does it, we are screwed.

And while getting Miller re-signed on our terms would be OK, it still does not change the fact that he is a less-than-average perimeter defender and 3-point shooter - two areas that I would love to see an upgrade at the PG position.  I wish that Stefanski would forget about this year (and the impact that trading Miller would have on this year) and look to the future...what team do we want to have in 1-2 years, with Brand back and guys like Thad and Speights having a greater impact.  Is a 35-year-old Andre Miller the best PG to get this team to the Finals?

I don't think so...but that is the decision that Stefanski will be counting on if Miller is with us at 2:01PM on Thursday.

(I am not allowing myself to think about the Roberts boys getting all Donald Sterling on us...)

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2009, 10:11:11 AM »
The Sixers are not cheap.  They don't ignore finances; I doubt they go over the tax unless they think it propels them to contender status, and they make minor moves to save cash (like selling a late 1st.)  But overall they have made huge financial investments for this team (like when AI and CWebb were both making 20M+.) 

Cheapness has not held them back, they just haven't made the made basketball decisions.