Author Topic: Spurs owner Holt on trade likelyhoods  (Read 5177 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs owner Holt on trade likelyhoods
« on: January 27, 2009, 06:34:28 PM »
But we (Peter Burns, a local San Antone radio guy) had Peter Holt on this morning, and I asked him about who we are trading for.

His answer....."They haven't bought me any names to look at, and I'm involved in all those decisions. Looks like we will sit tight"  end Burns quote.

Now bear in mind, this does not mean the Spurs will be standing pat as owners do not have to announce their true intentions and in fact very often do not.  But it looks like the pursuit of the Collusionists and the rest of West is gonna feature Timmy Duncan getting frontline help in the form of Bonner, Fabdawg and Michael Finley holding down the C or PF starting spot.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Spurs owner Holt on trade likelyhoods
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 10:49:46 PM »
But we (Peter Burns, a local San Antone radio guy) had Peter Holt on this morning, and I asked him about who we are trading for.

His answer....."They haven't bought me any names to look at, and I'm involved in all those decisions. Looks like we will sit tight"  end Burns quote.

Now bear in mind, this does not mean the Spurs will be standing pat as owners do not have to announce their true intentions and in fact very often do not.  But it looks like the pursuit of the Collusionists and the rest of West is gonna feature Timmy Duncan getting frontline help in the form of Bonner, Fabdawg and Michael Finley holding down the C or PF starting spot.

Quote from: PeterBurns
Not that he would say anything different.
But we had Peter Holt on this morning, and I asked him about who we are trading for.

His answer....."They haven't bought me any names to look at, and I'm involved in all those decisions. Looks like we will sit tight"

Quote from: DPG21920
Holt speaks broken english?

Maybe Spanish is his first language?  :D

"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 11:23:52 PM »
Who is Peter Burns???

I am assuming he has to be talk AM, but which station? 
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 12:22:39 AM »
Who is Peter Burns???

I thought is was Homer Simpsons boss?  :D
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 10:25:45 AM »
Who is Peter Burns???

I looked him up, Am radio 760, on from 7a to 9a....Never listen to Am 760...never heard of the two guys on the show or seen ads about the "Morning Drive" show....
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 10:30:56 AM »
Who is Peter Burns???

I looked him up, Am radio 760, on from 7a to 9a....Never listen to Am 760...never heard of the two guys on the show or seen ads about the "Morning Drive" show....

Maybe it's the "Morning Drive INSIDE SOURCE" show?  :D  There are about a dozen "Lakers Inside Source" shows on the radio and about 3 on TV.  ;D
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 10:32:38 AM »
Who is Peter Burns???

Maybe it's the "Morning Drive INSIDE SOURCE" show?  :D  There are about a dozen "Lakers Inside Source" shows on the radio and about 3 on TV.  ;D

I was typing something similar...

That show is only for RealSpursFans. 
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 10:35:14 AM »
But it looks like the pursuit of the Collusionists and the rest of West is gonna feature Timmy Duncan getting frontline help in the form of Bonner, Fabdawg and Michael Finley holding down the C or PF starting spot.

And that is so horrible that the Spurs are sitting with the 5th best record in the NBA.  Since the players that are getting time at the 5 spot suck so much the coach must be doing an outstanding job to keep the team winning.

All hail Pop-a-cement!
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 10:35:50 AM »

LAME
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 10:44:07 AM »

LAME

You don't like the Simpsons?  You commie!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 10:46:52 AM »
And that is so horrible that the Spurs are sitting with the 5th best record in the NBA.  Since the players that are getting time at the 5 spot suck so much the coach must be doing an outstanding job to keep the team winning.

All hail Pop-a-cement!

That is what you call a "paradox" for Reality.  He will try and "RealLame" spin it to TD's greatness that he plays virtually 2 positions on the court at the same time to hide Pop's flaws.  I wonder what happened to Flabs being the superstar championship contributor?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 02:11:43 PM »
They haven't brought him any names because......

Who the heck is out there that is worth pulling the trigger on?  Let's not just yell about no trades being made with out talking about who is not only available but who is worth making a run for.

The Spurs need another big man but I don't see any trade being made for one unless it's Marcus Camby.  Even then who would they have to give up to get him?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 02:42:55 PM »

Who the heck is out there that is worth pulling the trigger on?  Let's not just yell about no trades being made with out talking about who is not only available but who is worth making a run for.

The Spurs need another big man but I don't see any trade being made for one unless it's Marcus Camby.  Even then who would they have to give up to get him?

Really this is the truth...who is available that is an upgrade over Thomas, Bonner, & Fabs?  And the key word is: AVAILABLE.

I've heard Nazr is available but why would the Spurs want to go backwards?

Camby would be the perfect addition.  A defensive minded player who can rebound and doesn't demand a lot of touches on the offensive end.  Problem is matching salaries although a quick check shows that Kurt Thomas & Bruce Bowen for Camby works.  Someone get Sterling on the phone quick!
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2009, 03:09:34 PM »

Really this is the truth...who is available that is an upgrade over Thomas, Bonner, & Fabs?  And the key word is: AVAILABLE.

I've heard Nazr is available but why would the Spurs want to go backwards?

Camby would be the perfect addition.  A defensive minded player who can rebound and doesn't demand a lot of touches on the offensive end.  Problem is matching salaries although a quick check shows that Kurt Thomas & Bruce Bowen for Camby works.  Someone get Sterling on the phone quick!

You know he might actually do it considering that Kurt Thomas and Bowen have expiring contracts...

Any way The Donald can save money while at the same time convincing guys like WOW to keep buying tickets......
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2009, 03:46:54 PM »
convincing guys like WOW to keep buying tickets......

That's so WOW can tell all his amigos that he was at Staples for a basketball game.  He just hopes none of them realize he means the Clippers.   :D
-Moody Blues