Author Topic: Utah Jazz fans, read a tidbit that AK-47 might need surgery.  (Read 833 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Utah Jazz fans, read a tidbit that AK-47 might need surgery.
« on: January 26, 2009, 01:47:26 PM »
What's the story?  I would only read the head line since it's part of ESPN's "Insider". 
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Utah Jazz fans, read a tidbit that AK-47 might need surgery.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 03:16:22 PM »
Here's the "insider" scoop...

Andrei Kirilenko missed a third straight game Sunday due to persistent inflammation and irritation on a bone spot in his right foot. Kirilenko had been hoping to postpone surgery until the offseason. But now he's not so sure he can wait.
"There is a possibility," Kirilenko said when asked if he might instead undergo surgery now.

"We'll see ... but it doesn't feel any better," he said. "It just feels same way, you know. It feels sore. We'll see what the doctors say." -- Deseret News

Here's another "insider" tidbit...

Stephon Marbury acknowledged for the first time yesterday he has a verbal commitment from the Celtics and accused the Knicks of not accepting his latest buyout offer because they don't want him winning a championship in Boston.

A frustrated Marbury said the Knicks were playing "kids games," adding "It's got to be personal."

Marbury also said another NBA team has made an overture toward him. Miami is known to have expressed interest.

"It shouldn't matter that I go to Boston if you're the eighth seed and Boston is in the front," Marbury said. "It can't be about money. The Knicks got plenty of it. It's got to be personal. If it's personal, then how is business being done there?" -- New York Post
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Utah Jazz fans, read a tidbit that AK-47 might need surgery.
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 03:23:47 PM »
Andrei Kirilenko missed a third straight game Sunday due to persistent inflammation and irritation on a bone spot in his right foot. Kirilenko had been hoping to postpone surgery until the offseason. But now he's not so sure he can wait.
"There is a possibility," Kirilenko said when asked if he might instead undergo surgery now.

"We'll see ... but it doesn't feel any better," he said. "It just feels same way, you know. It feels sore. We'll see what the doctors say." -- Deseret News

That would suck, I wonder if playing through the pain would cause further damage.

Stephon Marbury acknowledged for the first time yesterday he has a verbal commitment from the Celtics and accused the Knicks of not accepting his latest buyout offer because they don't want him winning a championship in Boston.

A frustrated Marbury said the Knicks were playing "kids games," adding "It's got to be personal."

Marbury also said another NBA team has made an overture toward him. Miami is known to have expressed interest.

"It shouldn't matter that I go to Boston if you're the eighth seed and Boston is in the front," Marbury said. "It can't be about money. The Knicks got plenty of it. It's got to be personal. If it's personal, then how is business being done there?" -- New York Post

IMO the Knicks should make an example of Marbury.  I'd make him take a huge cut to see if it's about the money or playing.  Either way Marbury wins, he either gets a shot at a ring or he gets to keep all his money sitting on the Knicks bench.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"