Author Topic: Thoughts after the first playoff weekend  (Read 3459 times)

Guest_Randy

Thoughts after the first playoff weekend
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2004, 11:21:59 AM »
The thing I like about Rush is the fact that he is totally fearless.  And he DOES think he is as good as Kobe too -- something that he needs to think when he comes in and the Lakers need him to knock down the open shot.  The kid has really improved his shooting and he is incredible in the lane as well -- although he hasn't had a lot of opportunity to show it.  The greatest thing about his game last night is that it looks like his ankle is healthy -- which is a very very good thing for the trauma-laden Lakers.

It was also very good to see Fish playing with intensity last night -- and you could tell that his groin was killing him but he went out anyway.   IMO, it was his intensity that really turned the corner for the Lakers although it was clear that Kobe was going to will the Lakers to victory all by himself, if necessary.  It was REALLY good to see the Lakers start playing some D -- they need to do that together as a team to face the Spursies.  

The Lakers really needed this three day break being up 2-0 to rest their weary players.  I wouldn't mind seeing PJ rest some players if they go up 3-0 even if it means throwing a game -- the Lakers have to be as healthy as possible for the second round.  

Here is the current health status:
Fisher -- groin -- obvious during the game
GP -- back strains -- you could tell it was hurting as well
Kobe -- looked great last night
Rush -- same, looks like the ankle is healthy finally
Fox -- it's obvious that his thumb is killing him, how many balls did he juggle last night?  More in one game than in his entire career.
George -- hamstring -- haven't even seen the guy (hmm, is that good or bad?)
Walton -- healthy, looked good last night
Malone -- knee is still bothering him at times although it looks like the ankle is healthy.  Still lacks a lot of mobility.
Medvendenko -- strained achilles tendon -- hopefully a few days rest will cure it because we definately are going to need this guy.
O'Neal -- his knee has been bothering him but it's not noticeable on the court -- it was good to see him exerting himself defensively last night in the second half.
Grant -- gone for the season and probably from the NBA.  Shame, we definately could have used his experience and defense.

I sure hope these guys hurry up and heal -- as long as I've been a Laker fan, I simply can't remember another team as banged up as this years team.  Okay, you've got three days off -- get healthy.

Anyone know what Russell has done to get in PJ's doghouse?  As banged up as the Lakers are, I've been surprised he isn't logging any minutes.  I did like PJ's lineup with GP/Fish, Rush and Kobe at SF -- hope to see that line-up some against the Spurs as well.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2004, 01:26:26 PM »
First, I don't think anyone is CAPABLE of beating the Spurs in a 7 game series except for the Lakers and Wolves.

Second, I don't think anyone will beat the Spurs in a 7 game series. <- (that's a PERIOD, not to be confused with a period)  ;)

Fourth, I think people are begining to face "realty" in regards to the Yao/Shaq comparrisons.
Krishna Police, Krishna Police.  WOW is acting up again.

Also I got the reality of Shaqs 7 and 7 performance last night.
But then I'm not a "real fan".  :lol:  

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2004, 02:34:00 PM »
Krishna Police, Krishna Police.  WOW is acting up again.

Also I got the reality of Shaqs 7 and 7 performance last night.
But then I'm not a "real fan".  :lol:
I guess in your "reality" there are no Sundays and Mondays in regards to posting.  You seriously need to look into marketing "front runner" juice.  I'll I've seen T-Shirts but no FR-Juice, so you may be able to corner the market.

Yao still didn't do much with Shaq spending most of the game on the bench.  Yao Smits is not in the same league is the Diesel, especially durring the playoffs.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"