Author Topic: Dirk not a starter on the All-Star game? Total BS!  (Read 2354 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Dirk not a starter on the All-Star game? Total BS!
« on: January 23, 2009, 12:20:25 AM »
Dirk is arguably the best PF in the game today, I know that fans don't make the best choices when it comes to voting but what does this erudite board think?

My picks WC:
CP3
Kobe
Dirk
Duncan
Yao

My picks EC:
Harris
Wade
Bosh
James
Howard
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Re: Dirk not a starter on the All-Star game? Total BS!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 09:52:55 AM »
WayOut,

Put Garnett in there instead of Bosh and I'd agree.  I know Bosh has the better numbers, but Garnett is a better defender (what happened to the Bosh defense we saw in the Olympics?) and more of a game-changer.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 10:00:07 AM »
WayOut,

Put Garnett in there instead of Bosh and I'd agree.  I know Bosh has the better numbers, but Garnett is a better defender (what happened to the Bosh defense we saw in the Olympics?) and more of a game-changer.

KG just misses the mark on my list, I think he defers a bit too much.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 10:17:10 AM »
Well if they didn't let China vote I would put the WC like this:

Paul
Kobe
Dirk
Amare
Duncan

East:
Harris
Wade
LeBron
Garnett (I agree Bosh is close)
Howard
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 10:26:12 AM »
Well if they didn't let China vote I would put the WC like this:

Paul
Kobe
Dirk
Amare
Duncan

East:
Harris
Wade
LeBron
Garnett (I agree Bosh is close)
Howard

If Duncan played center my WC list would look the same but he doesn't play center.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 10:27:30 AM »

If Duncan played center my WC list would look the same but he doesn't play center.

Says who?    ;D
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 10:35:07 AM »

By "defers too much" do you mean he says to Kendrick Perkins "you take him Perk" when getting lit up by Paul Millsap? Or he "defers" on confrontations with real players and picks on scrubs like Big Baby Davis and Rick Rickert?

KG is a punk bitch in my book.

If Paul Pierce hadn't nutted up and taken over the team leadership in last year's playoffs, the Celtics would have never made all those Game 7s in the East.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 10:50:28 AM »
KG is a punk bitch in my book.

I agree.  I used to think the guy was in the same catagory as TD but not anymore.  Since KG moved into the spot light he's taken a big hit in my book as well. 
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 11:19:32 AM »

Says who?    ;D

My all star ballot!

Shouldn't Dirk get a nudge ahead of Amare since he is the leader of that team?  Amare is 3rd in that regard on his squad.

Did any of you guys hear the debate between Chris Webber, Kenny, and Gary Payton about all-star picks last night on TNT?  Reggie Miller said that only teams with winning records should send guys and that if you are a good player on a crappy team, you are SOL.  What do you guys think?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 11:52:48 AM »

Says who?    ;D

My all star ballot!

Shouldn't Dirk get a nudge ahead of Amare since he is the leader of that team?  Amare is 3rd in that regard on his squad.

Did any of you guys hear the debate between Chris Webber, Kenny, and Gary Payton about all-star picks last night on TNT?  Reggie Miller said that only teams with winning records should send guys and that if you are a good player on a crappy team, you are SOL.  What do you guys think?

At least that's a debate, did you hear Payton's comments regarding TD?  Payton is an idiot.  He's said TD should not be a starter but every question they asked him (who's better, who would you want on your team, who should get the ball in crunch time) the answer was TD YET he STILL thought (after giving his self ownage answers) TD should not be the starter on the All-Star squad.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 11:59:20 AM »

Well, on my list they are both there.  If I had to put Duncan at forward then I would take Dirk over Amare as the other starting forward.

Hollinger addressed this a little in his column yesterday.  He said that a lot of the snubs for the all star game are a result of this mentality.  That coaches believing only winning teams deserve all stars send the 3rd or 4th best playewr from a team instead of a worthy player from a team with a lesser record.

Based on that reasoning then Harris does not deserve the EC starting spot or a reserve role. 
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 01:12:55 PM »

Well, on my list they are both there.  If I had to put Duncan at forward then I would take Dirk over Amare as the other starting forward.

Hollinger addressed this a little in his column yesterday.  He said that a lot of the snubs for the all star game are a result of this mentality.  That coaches believing only winning teams deserve all stars send the 3rd or 4th best playewr from a team instead of a worthy player from a team with a lesser record.

Based on that reasoning then Harris does not deserve the EC starting spot or a reserve role. 

That's what I mean.  You have to choose based on how the voting/starting 5 is setup. 

Kevin Durant is a perfect example.  He has the numbers to make it into the reserves but most likely will not make the cut since his team is so horrible.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 04:46:50 PM »

Says who?    ;D

My all star ballot!

Don't like that idea.  Who wants to see a team made of Cavaliers, Magic, and Celtics?
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!