Author Topic: LeBron has major flaws in his game....  (Read 5057 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: LeBron has major flaws in his game....
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2009, 02:39:47 PM »

Wait...what does Kobe have to do with this debate?

WOW's comment from his second post here: "....I will be watching the 2nd best player in the league a little more closely so see if he is truely "King" James."

Lebron is a beast with out his jumper.  I don't think it's a major flaw.  Though it is a flaw.  A major flaw is something that really holds you back from being great.  Lebron is a great player with out it.  He may not ever develop a nice jumper but he may not need to either.   Allen Iverson is getting up there in age and is still able to rely on his athletic ability.  Given that LBJ is a freak of nature in that department I'll just assume he can live off that and make a hell of a run in this league.  OR he will continue to work on it and develop one.  Plenty of players have been taught to shoot better in this league after they had a handful of seasons under their belt.

Oh...back to Kobe.  Lebron's jumper is not nice as Kobe's is.  Regardless of what stats you want to bring up.  Not debatable.

Kobe has a nice jumper. Kobe is not anywhere close to LeBron around the basket, though. Not his game. Is that HIS major flaw?
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2009, 02:41:27 PM »

WOW's comment from his second post here: "....I will be watching the 2nd best player in the league a little more closely so see if he is truely "King" James."

Lebron is a beast with out his jumper.  I don't think it's a major flaw.  Though it is a flaw.  A major flaw is something that really holds you back from being great.  Lebron is a great player with out it.  He may not ever develop a nice jumper but he may not need to either.   Allen Iverson is getting up there in age and is still able to rely on his athletic ability.  Given that LBJ is a freak of nature in that department I'll just assume he can live off that and make a hell of a run in this league.  OR he will continue to work on it and develop one.  Plenty of players have been taught to shoot better in this league after they had a handful of seasons under their belt.

Oh...back to Kobe.  Lebron's jumper is not nice as Kobe's is.  Regardless of what stats you want to bring up.  Not debatable.

Kobe has a nice jumper. Kobe is not anywhere close to LeBron around the basket, though. Not his game. Is that HIS major flaw?

No it's a flaw in your vision due to your bias ;)  Kobe is not as strong as Lebron but as far as being creative around the rim and finishing, Kobe is just fine in that department.  The gap between Kobe's jumper and Lebron's jumper is bigger than the gap between Kobe and Lebron's strength around the rim.  They are equal when it comes to finishing at the rim.

Not quite sure why you keep using the word 'major'.  Thought I put that one to rest in here on the first page.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2009, 02:44:28 PM »
It hasn't always happened for Kobe either, who has missed more game winners then he has made in his career. A Robert Horry he is not.

Same story with MJ and Horry.  Only one player in NBA history has made more game winners than missed game winners.  That's a pretty good trivia question....any takers.....(although I did read that the stat was being disputed because in the end ZERO players in NBA history made more than missed).

My point is, why bring up game winning baskets when it tends to be more fail then succeed for all players?

The really good players make sure games do not come down to a Kobe Bryant making a desparation three pointer when a two would have sufficed with a pass to a wide-open teammate who IS open because the entire defense has collapsed on Kobe, knowing the shot will be coming from him. With LeBron, you can't do that because he is more adept at finding an open teammate for an easier shot, or at least has the common sense to PASS the ball to an open teammate instead of hoisting up shot after shot in those situations because you have some kind of mega-ego issue where you can't really think about options.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 02:51:52 PM by JoMal »
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2009, 02:45:37 PM »
It hasn't always happened for Kobe either, who has missed more game winners then he has made in his career. A Robert Horry he is not.

Same story with MJ and Horry.  Only one player in NBA history has made more game winners than missed game winners.  That's a pretty good trivia question....any takers.....(although I did read that the stat was being disputed because in the end ZERO players in NBA history made more than missed).

My point is, why bring up game winning baskets when it tends to be more fail then succeed for all players?

The really good players make sure games do not come down to a Kobe Bryant making a desparation three pointer when a two would have sufficed with a pass to a wide-open teammate who IS open because the entire defense has collapsed on Kobe, knowing the shot will be coming from him. With LeBron, you can't do that because he is more adept at finding an open teammate for an easier shot, or at least has the common sense to PASS the ball to an open teammate instead of hoisting up shot after shot in those situations because you have some kind of mege-ego issue where you can't really think about options.

Oh....I just realyzed something. Can we point out THIS as a major flaw in Kobe's game? Let's

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2009, 02:47:26 PM »

You're such a slow learner...when it comes to JoMal and Reality...it's all about Kobe.

For JoMality, every second of every minute, every minute of every hour, every hour of every day, every day of every week, every week of every month, every month of every year is about KOBE! 

It also carries over to every comment in every topic, every topic on every board, every board on the internet is about KOBE!

Shows how little you know me, WOW. Every second of every minute, every minute of every hour, every hour of every day, every day of every week, every week of every month, every month of every year is about KoME! Who is this Japanese beef guy?

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2009, 02:48:46 PM »
I've got no clue, so I'll give it a go?

Guess number 1:  Jerry West
Guess number 2:  Reggie Miller
Guess number 3:  Sam Jones

I can't find the source of the ESPN story but they stated that only Magic was above 500 on game winners over his entire career.  I've seen some sites that have Melo at 60+% and Shaq around 50% and the next closest players around 38%.  On those lists Kobe is above LeBron but they are both below 25%.  I read somewhere that there are a few guys that have taken only 1 or 2 game winners and they are 100%  ;D

I would put Magic way, way above just the number of game winners he TOOK. How many did he set up?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 02:52:42 PM by JoMal »

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2009, 02:49:54 PM »
No kidding WOW.

I did a quick search on Rick Barry and came up with this quote from a former CBS producer regarding Barry as an announcer.  Keep in mind this was from 1983!

"I sometimes got the impression that Rick took so much care to criticize star players to validate his own career by comparison."

I feel a major, "DUH" coming on.

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2009, 03:10:17 PM »
Ha! Yes JoMal, I suppose you would know a good deal about Barry with your Northern Cal sports background.  Also, you're old.  Seems obligatory to point that out in every post on this board.   ;D

He's hardly the only athlete guilty of that but he certainly seems more obnoxious about it than most.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2009, 03:40:17 PM »

Dude, I was referring to Dwight Howard!  ::)
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2009, 04:13:51 PM »
Ha! Yes JoMal, I suppose you would know a good deal about Barry with your Northern Cal sports background.

...and now my major "Duh" is complete.

Also, you're old.  Seems obligatory to point that out in every post on this board.   ;D

Yes, I seem to recall you missing out on that previously and should take some time to catch up.

He's hardly the only athlete guilty of that but he certainly seems more obnoxious about it than most.

Which was the point of my "Duh" comment, actually.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2009, 04:14:51 PM »

Dude, you were referring to your manlove relationship with that Japanese Beefcake.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2009, 04:17:51 PM »

Dude, you were referring to your manlove relationship with that Japanese Beefcake.

Had no choice, I had to replace my ex-Beefcake Shaq when he turned into a MeatLoaf....
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2009, 04:23:17 PM »

Had no choice, I had to replace my ex-Beefcake Shaq when he turned into a MeatLoaf....

Why am I getting hungry? I just had lunch.

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2009, 06:18:08 PM »

Why am I getting hungry? I just had lunch.

Try a Snicker, it really satisfies. 
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil