Author Topic: OT - "Taken"  (Read 6269 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
OT - "Taken"
« on: January 09, 2009, 11:57:33 AM »
Apperantly this movie is out on dvd in europe, I watched it online last night, it was good.  Not the best, or life changing or anything but it keeps you interested and has cool story.  Good action sequences as well.  Liam Neeson [sp?] seems to like pulling off roles you would not expect to see him in, IMO.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: OT - "Taken"
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 11:59:11 AM »
Anybody seen Gran Torino?  I thinking about going to the movies even though the guy hanging out in front of the CVS Pharmacy has a bootleg copy for 3 bucks.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 12:15:32 PM »
Anybody seen Gran Torino?  I thinking about going to the movies even though the guy hanging out in front of the CVS Pharmacy has a bootleg copy for 3 bucks.

Looks good, I think I would watch that at the theatre. 
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 12:30:11 PM »

I think I mentioned this before, but my XBox hard drive is dying.  I want to back up my data before I send it in to get repaired but MS will only allow you to transfer the data once.  If that is the case then I would have to transfer it to another 120GB HD which is too expensive.  There is only about 10GB of data I really need to save and I was thinking of buying a $40 20BG XBox HD and transfering the data to there temporarily then back to the 120BG when it gets fixed but I that will not work with the 1 transfer max plus I've read the trasnfer utility will not let you transfer from big to small, only small to big. :( 

I am not happy.

Any ideas?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 12:31:51 PM »

Dont know why but the commercial/trailer they put together for the movie makes me want to see it....

Even tho all it is is Clint Eastwood making the gun/shooting motion with his hand 3 times and threatning 2 different sets of gang members.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 12:32:48 PM »

I think I mentioned this before, but my XBox hard drive is dying. 

You know what would be cool?  Is if they made a system that you could easily replace the hard drive inside of it with ease by just running down to frys and picking one up.

Oh they do, its a Playstation 3 LOL

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 12:35:01 PM »

You know what would be cool?  Is if they made a system that you could easily replace the hard drive inside of it with ease by just running down to frys and picking one up.

Actually my 11 year old could, and has in the past, replace the HD for my XBox since it's not inside, it snaps to the side/top of the unit.  That's not my problem, the issue I'm having is probably a little over your "consultant" head.  :P
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 12:40:40 PM »

Actually my 11 year old could, and has in the past, replace the HD for my XBox since it's not inside, it snaps to the side/top of the unit.  That's not my problem, the issue I'm having is probably a little over your "consultant" head.  :P

There are 360 mod kits online if you look for them, I know Plowablebigone - on my 360 buddy list has a mod that gets his data backed up onto his laptop somehow and he is still able to play on live, you can look him up and im him.  also, what kind of data is this - sorry if you posted and i missed it - My understanding was anything you download from live you can redownload after recovering your gamertag and using download history, maybe i am wrong on that. 

Yes, you can swap you ps3 hard easily, I remember seeing a 300 gb hdd on new egg perfect for the ps3 for 100.00 bucks...

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 12:46:29 PM »
There are 360 mod kits online if you look for them, I know Plowablebigone - on my 360 buddy list has a mod that gets his data backed up onto his laptop somehow and he is still able to play on live, you can look him up and im him.  also, what kind of data is this - sorry if you posted and i missed it - My understanding was anything you download from live you can redownload after recovering your gamertag and using download history, maybe i am wrong on that. 

Yes, you can swap you ps3 hard easily, I remember seeing a 300 gb hdd on new egg perfect for the ps3 for 100.00 bucks...

All I want to do is back up a few of my kids "game saves" and accomplishments (Halo/GOW/GHIII).  I don't think they would mind playing the games over again to get to where they were before since they've been playing without the HD sometimes.  The big deal would be losing all my Halo 3 data, acomplishments and skulls, but I think that's backed up on Bungie.net.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009, 12:53:07 PM »

You cannot walk down to Frys and get a new Xbox HD for cheap WOW.  Dont try to play the consultant card here.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 01:02:39 PM »

You cannot walk down to Frys and get a new Xbox HD for cheap WOW.  Dont try to play the consultant card here.

Since you are not being specific...

I can send my 11 year old to Fry's with $45.00 and he will bring me back an XBox HD and he will install the HD himself.  Plus he doesn't charge me a "consultant fee", we just need to stop by In-N-Out on the way home. 

Is the PS3 HD a snap in?  I haven't seen one yet but I'm still considering buying a PS3.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 01:04:53 PM »

All I want to do is back up a few of my kids "game saves" and accomplishments (Halo/GOW/GHIII).  I don't think they would mind playing the games over again to get to where they were before since they've been playing without the HD sometimes.  The big deal would be losing all my Halo 3 data, acomplishments and skulls, but I think that's backed up on Bungie.net.

Damn, that's tough.  without the mod or same size hard drive I ond't know, MS proprietary HDD bites.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2009, 01:11:06 PM »
Damn, that's tough.  without the mod or same size hard drive I ond't know, MS proprietary HDD bites.

Agreed, don't know why it uses FAT32!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2009, 01:20:44 PM »

I can send my 11 year old to Fry's with $45.00 and he will bring me back an XBox HD and he will install the HD himself.  Plus he doesn't charge me a "consultant fee", we just need to stop by In-N-Out on the way home. 

Is the PS3 HD a snap in?  I haven't seen one yet but I'm still considering buying a PS3.

The Xbox HD is proprietery.  The playstation 3 is not.  For the price you pay for a crappy xbox hd I can get a regular 2.5 hd twice as big and twice as fast with less problems.  Last time I was at Frys I saw 0 Xbox hds.  None.  Nada.  Not every place even carries them.  Every computer  place carries 2.5" HDs. 

It takes less than 2 minutes to replace a PS3 hard drive.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2009, 01:39:35 PM »

The Xbox HD is proprietery.  The playstation 3 is not.  For the price you pay for a crappy xbox hd I can get a regular 2.5 hd twice as big and twice as fast with less problems.  Last time I was at Frys I saw 0 Xbox hds.  None.  Nada.  Not every place even carries them.  Every computer  place carries 2.5" HDs. 

It takes less than 2 minutes to replace a PS3 hard drive.

yes, but xbox makes up for the bad hdd by having better games, halo3, gears of war, mass effect, etc...

:P