Author Topic: Which Western Division is toughest/weakest?  (Read 1756 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Which Western Division is toughest/weakest?
« on: December 28, 2008, 12:11:15 AM »
While the West is being ground out by most, which team(s) face the toughest, and which the most pampered in the chase for seeding in The West?
Once again, the mighty Southwest produces the toughest division.  As to the most pampered division, not surprisingly its The Collusionists getting yet a further boost.  The Northeast is being brought down by Okla City, otherwise they have a good win %.  Look for Stern to order the Thunder to the pacific soon.  The Pacific Patsies, in addition to being the worst, sport the only division with only two teams with double digit wins.  Doesn't get much rigged err i mean lamer then that. 
The numbers don't lie.

SOUTHWEST 84-62
San Antonio 20 10 
Houston 20 11
New Orleans 17 9 
Dallas 17 12   
Memphis 10 20 

NORTHWEST 63-89
Denver 19 11
Portland 18 12
Utah 18 14 
Minnesota 5 24 
Oklahoma City 3-28

PACIFIC PATSIES 54-82 
LA Lakers 24 5 
Phoenix 16 12 
LA Clippers 8 20 
Golden State 9 22 
Sacramento 7 23 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Which Western Division is toughest/weakest?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 12:04:16 PM »
I am hoping one of your New Years Resolutions is "Wanting to be an even bigger idiot than the year before" so that it can explain this.

Now we all know your hinting to the Lakers being in the weakest division and that they somehow have the easiest cake walk to get a playoff spot.  That was very clear by your wording, your posting history, and your neat-o color coding of the division.

Here is the problem(s):

1) From the looks of the records I don't think it really matters what division the Lakers are in they are going to make the playoffs in the top 4.  So that kind of craps on the whole point of you making this thread.  Quite honestly you were not asking for opinions as you already wanted to influence people to what you wanted the answer to be.

2)  It would take a huge amount of effort and resources to rig a division (and quite stupid, again considering the Lakers will finish in the top 4 regardless of where they were at, all WC teams play each other 4 times with the except of the 3 game series).  Can you please explain to us why it would matter if the Lakers were in the Southwest Division or not? 

I did not know Sternfish was really the reason Brand took off to the Sixers (their lack of a legit and consistent low post 20-10 player hurt them badly this season) and Corey Magette bolted.

I did not know that Sternfish made Baron Davis, the glue and best player on that Warriors squad, move to the Clippers.  That sounds counter productive if he wanted to rig the league for the Lakers in LA.

3) This division for the past 10 seasons has had one or two of the title contending teams in the conference.  The bottom teams in this division have sucked for a while and that has more to do with poor front offices than it does Lord Sternfish pulling string for the Lakers.  Sacramento was an elite team at the start of the decade.  Obviously the Lakers won 3 championships.  PHX has been an elite WC team for quite a few seasons now.  The Warriors were a legit team 3 years ago who took out the best team in the league record wise.

Oh so quiet about Boston and their division eh?  At least the pacific division has two teams playing over .500 ball.    At least I don't have to worry about getting you started on them since they are not the Lakers.  I lost brain cells reading this.  Don't need a part 2.  Keep working on that New Years Resolution.   Maybe you can throw in "Going to Laker Rehab and trying to kick the addiction"  I've seen crack addicts think about scoring rocks less than you think about the Lakers.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 12:10:46 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 03:10:55 PM »
Oh so quiet about Boston and their division eh? 
I'll be doing the East Conf later today.

The numbers don't lie.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 08:00:15 PM »
I am hoping one of your New Years Resolutions is "Wanting to be an even bigger idiot than the year before" so that it can explain this.

Now we all know your hinting to the Lakers being in the weakest division and that they somehow have the easiest cake walk to get a playoff spot.  That was very clear by your wording, your posting history, and your neat-o color coding of the division.

Here is the problem(s):

1) From the looks of the records I don't think it really matters what division the Lakers are in they are going to make the playoffs in the top 4.  So that kind of craps on the whole point of you making this thread.  Quite honestly you were not asking for opinions as you already wanted to influence people to what you wanted the answer to be.

2)  It would take a huge amount of effort and resources to rig a division (and quite stupid, again considering the Lakers will finish in the top 4 regardless of where they were at, all WC teams play each other 4 times with the except of the 3 game series).  Can you please explain to us why it would matter if the Lakers were in the Southwest Division or not? 

I did not know Sternfish was really the reason Brand took off to the Sixers (their lack of a legit and consistent low post 20-10 player hurt them badly this season) and Corey Magette bolted.

I did not know that Sternfish made Baron Davis, the glue and best player on that Warriors squad, move to the Clippers.  That sounds counter productive if he wanted to rig the league for the Lakers in LA.

3) This division for the past 10 seasons has had one or two of the title contending teams in the conference.  The bottom teams in this division have sucked for a while and that has more to do with poor front offices than it does Lord Sternfish pulling string for the Lakers.  Sacramento was an elite team at the start of the decade.  Obviously the Lakers won 3 championships.  PHX has been an elite WC team for quite a few seasons now.  The Warriors were a legit team 3 years ago who took out the best team in the league record wise.

Oh so quiet about Boston and their division eh?  At least the pacific division has two teams playing over .500 ball.    At least I don't have to worry about getting you started on them since they are not the Lakers.  I lost brain cells reading this.  Don't need a part 2.  Keep working on that New Years Resolution.   Maybe you can throw in "Going to Laker Rehab and trying to kick the addiction"  I've seen crack addicts think about scoring rocks less than you think about the Lakers.

Why waste your time?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 08:00:56 PM »
While the West is being ground out by most, which team(s) face the toughest, and which the most pampered in the chase for seeding in The West?
Once again, the mighty Southwest produces the toughest division.  As to the most pampered division, not surprisingly its The Collusionists getting yet a further boost.  The Northeast is being brought down by Okla City, otherwise they have a good win %.  Look for Stern to order the Thunder to the pacific soon.  The Pacific Patsies, in addition to being the worst, sport the only division with only two teams with double digit wins.  Doesn't get much rigged err i mean lamer then that. 
The numbers don't lie.

SOUTHWEST 84-62
San Antonio 20 10 
Houston 20 11
New Orleans 17 9 
Dallas 17 12   
Memphis 10 20 

NORTHWEST 63-89
Denver 19 11
Portland 18 12
Utah 18 14 
Minnesota 5 24 
Oklahoma City 3-28

PACIFIC PATSIES 54-82 
LA Lakers 24 5 
Phoenix 16 12 
LA Clippers 8 20 
Golden State 9 22 
Sacramento 7 23 

"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 09:37:05 PM »

Here is the problem(s):

Why waste your time?

I was waiting for the new drive I put in my ps3 to format?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2008, 10:14:42 PM »

Here is the problem(s):

Why waste your time?

I didn't take the PS3 plunge this Xmas, I was going to get it just to watch "The Dark Knight" on blu-ray but I balked.  I'm getting very upset with my XBox, ever since the upgrade I've been having a lot of problems.  I even got a semi-red-ring of death.  Only one section turned red but I'm getting very nervous about my system.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2008, 10:19:40 PM »
Blu Ray is just too damn expensive for me to jump up to it yet - the discs themselves - it's just not worth it to me - yet

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2008, 10:22:03 PM »
Blu Ray is just too damn expensive for me to jump up to it yet - the discs themselves - it's just not worth it to me - yet

You got to hit Frys on Tuesday and look for the sales.  I got Dark Knight on BluRay for 23 bucks the day it came out at Frys.

W.O.W if you hold out for a while longer there will be a price drop and you can get it for a more reasonable price.  No reason to jump on it until then IMO.

jemagee

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2008, 10:27:09 PM »
Well I expect Blu Ray technology will come down in a couple years - and besides i need a new HDTV mine is super old before i step up to blu ray - heck my xbox 360 doedsn't get played in HD because only one of the HD inputs on my tv works.

Frys on Tuesday would be a LONG hike :)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2008, 10:00:04 AM »

Here is the problem(s):

Why waste your time?

I didn't take the PS3 plunge this Xmas, I was going to get it just to watch "The Dark Knight" on blu-ray but I balked.  I'm getting very upset with my XBox, ever since the upgrade I've been having a lot of problems.  I even got a semi-red-ring of death.  Only one section turned red but I'm getting very nervous about my system.

Did you pay for the warranty for your 360??  I had the red ring this past summer and got a new 360 in one week from MS, they asked me like 3 or 4 questions and that was it, they email the packing slip, you box it, ship it, get a new one in a week or so.

My kid already finished Gears of War 2.... Cool game.   
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2008, 10:58:41 AM »
Reality you lied.  Again.  Why do you keep pretending like you don't have a Laker obsession?  The first step in recovery is admitting you have a problem.  Don't lie and say you are going to do an Eastern Conference thread and try to bash the Celtics then not do it at all.  That gives the rest of us a reason to believe you just said you would to make it seem like you don't have a Laker obsession.