Author Topic: OWNAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lakers END Boston winning streak!  (Read 3667 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Can't believe my dumb arse missed the entire first half!  >:(

Comming into the game it didn't seem the Lakers had it in them but they played solid D and executed well down the stretch.  Boston does not have a solid bench, they are going to have to figure out their bench problem if they plan on getting back to the Finals.

Great X-Mas present for Lakers fans.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: OWNAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lakers END Boston winning streak!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 08:03:37 PM »
Remember how I said I never ask for anything?  Well I asked for a Laker win.  That was the only thing I asked for.  Praise Baby Jesus.

The Lakers played well in the first half as well WOW.  They were executing the offense and getting high % looks.  The toughness from Bynum WAS NOT there but Pau Gasol really asserted himself down the stretch.  Glad someone other than Kobe did.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 08:11:07 PM »
Remember how I said I never ask for anything?  Well I asked for a Laker win.  That was the only thing I asked for.  Praise Baby Jesus.

The Lakers played well in the first half as well WOW.  They were executing the offense and getting high % looks.  The toughness from Bynum WAS NOT there but Pau Gasol really asserted himself down the stretch.  Glad someone other than Kobe did.

I was making some Rice Krispey treats for my kids and just taking my time cutting them into fun shapes.  Then I figured I might as well clean up and wash all the dishes, while I was washing I was thinking I probably don't want to go out in this drizzle and drop off X-Mas gifts.....X-Mas......nothing really to do on X-Mas other than drop off presents....what else is there to do on X-Ma....(bad sinking feeling comming over me)...oh man....I yelled out "F#@K!"...."The Lakers GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!".....

My kids were like "eeewwwwwweeeee....daddy said a bad word..........."

I actually caught the last 4 minutes of the 2nd quarter but I was very bummed I missed any part of the game and the earlier game considering most of the morning was spent channel surfing between "House", "Bare Handed Fishing", "Ben Hur" and "STNG"....  :-\
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jemagee

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 08:47:35 PM »
Do they get a car?  :o

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 10:01:46 PM »
Extra bonus of this win that non-Laker fans can enjoy....

Reality will be missing in action until next week.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 02:45:23 AM »
Like WoWkoast after the back to back Kobsters games? (getting owned by DWade and the following nights b2b game on the line brick)  Not a chance.

Actually in the final minute of LA-Boston i was wondering if the Celts were preserving the line by not even attempting to get a shot up early in the shot clock.  Instead they passed it around, passed up the op for a trey.  Strange.  Or maybe not so much.

Very nice assists by Kobster on his last couple passes to Gasol.  When Kobster was dribbling around, the Cs thought it was the Old Kobster who would continue to ballhog and hork up some Jordan wannabe off balance shot.  Instead, Kobes did what Phil has been trying to get him to do for years, draw the double and pass.  Nice passes by Kobes, Celtics took the bait hook line and sinker.

Gasol got a huge monkey temporarily off his back.

A momentum changer was the length of the court pass Boston attempted.  Azirah slammed into the Celtic "reciever" to knock the ball lose, then went out of bounds, came back in and tipped the ball to a fellow Flamer.  Pass interference all the way.

The Celts will still pound the Flamers in a Finals series.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 10:31:51 AM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 10:58:41 AM »
No not like WOW and myself.  We were out of town for work.  You just dont show up after Laker wins.  Like the b2b with the Grizzlies and Hornets.  Or any other win.  Sorry guy but everyone knows why your posting has gone down.  Who do you think your fooling?

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2008, 11:22:52 AM »
Great win for the Lakers, showing that Boston really has a problem with their second team.  Loosing Posey has made them weaker, and Ainge is going to have to make a trade to improve their second group.

Lakers offense at the end was particularly impressive, and they outworked the Celtics on defense.

The Celtics came into the game with a long winning streak and you know they wanted to continue it.  Only thing about it that's bad from the LA perspective is that the Celtics now know they need to do something.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2008, 11:40:19 AM »
Celtics are getting good efficiency from guys like Tony Allen, Eddie House and Leon Powe.  They had a bad game.  I think their second-team deficiencies are being drastically overstated.  tony Allen in particular has been extremely good for them this year in reserve.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2008, 01:00:01 PM »
Celtics are getting good efficiency from guys like Tony Allen, Eddie House and Leon Powe.  They had a bad game.  I think their second-team deficiencies are being drastically overstated.  tony Allen in particular has been extremely good for them this year in reserve.

I think that's true when they play most teams.  The bench didn't seem that outclassed as some have made it sound.  I do think losing PJ Brown is going to hurt them.  Just because they don't have another smart defender out on the floor if someone gets into foul trouble or needs a breather.  Other than that I thought it was just one below average game from the bench.  Nothing to fret over IMO.  The Lakers have Lamar Odom and Trevor Ariza as their bench so I think it makes even solid benches, like the Celtics, look lesser when those guys are on.  It is not often you see Lamar Odom swish back to back 3s like that so.......

Good win but it was just one game and a regular season one at that.  They can be declared mentally over teh hump as soon as they beat them in an actual series.

jemagee

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2008, 02:09:57 PM »
There are rumors that Mutombo sees himself on one of two teams before the end of the season. One of those teams in the celtics...i forget who the other was but it wasn't the rockets

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2008, 02:48:35 PM »
One of those teams in the celtics...i forget who the other was but it wasn't the rockets

Spurs.
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2008, 05:17:05 PM »
One of those teams in the celtics...i forget who the other was but it wasn't the rockets

Spurs.
Deke swatting Kobe and Bynum shots away and doing the fingerwag. 
Priceless.  Bring it.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2008, 05:37:19 PM »
No not like WOW and myself.  We were out of town for work.  You just dont show up after Laker wins. 
You confuse my not caring with not showing up.
And you and WoW don't have internet access when you're "working out of town". :D  Rrrright.

Like the b2b with the Grizzlies and Hornets.
You need validation for Kobees win over the Grizzlies.
Thank goodness you've lowered the bar from leading a team to a tltle aka Timmy Dunker Xs4, MJ, DWade to at best getting to a finals loss.  Now its a win over the Grizzleys in the regular season. 
"Warehouse!"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2008, 09:35:52 PM »
No not like WOW and myself.  We were out of town for work.  You just dont show up after Laker wins. 
You confuse my not caring with not showing up.
And you and WoW don't have internet access when you're "working out of town". :D  Rrrright.

Like the b2b with the Grizzlies and Hornets.
You need validation for Kobees win over the Grizzlies.
Thank goodness you've lowered the bar from leading a team to a tltle aka Timmy Dunker Xs4, MJ, DWade to at best getting to a finals loss.  Now its a win over the Grizzleys in the regular season. 
"Warehouse!"

No tardo you are missing the point.  I don't need validation for anything.  You seek validation for all Lakers losses but are MIA on Laker wins.  Do I need to write it out using finger paint for you to get it?

Saying you only care to talk basketball when the Lakers lose proves my point.  You are right I won't ever confuse you with being an actual basketball fan.