Author Topic: Merry X-Mas Spurs fans  (Read 2996 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Merry X-Mas Spurs fans
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2008, 05:13:51 PM »
It's not the record that makes me wonder how good they are, it's how much they have to work this season.  the new guys are picking up Pop's game, but I still see that Tim is working harder this year then in recent years.  After all star we will see if the team has gotten the kinks worked out or not.

So you think the Spurs are "Laker-like" in that they can come into the playoffs at any seed and still make it out of the WC?  IMO the Spurs don't really need home court against anyone other than the Lakers, not that the Spurs are deficient but because the Lakers play better at home and I don't think they can be favored all that much against the Spurs if the Spurs have HC.

The Spurs usually start to gel after the long rodeo road trip, they usually have several games on the road which i believe ends right around all star break, that road trip is where the past Spurs teams really found the roles for everyone to play and then we start rolling heading into the playoffs.  If i have to guess I would say I think we can reach the playoffs as the third ranked squad in the WC.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Merry X-Mas Spurs fans
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2008, 11:30:23 AM »
It's not the record that makes me wonder how good they are, it's how much they have to work this season.  the new guys are picking up Pop's game, but I still see that Tim is working harder this year then in recent years.  After all star we will see if the team has gotten the kinks worked out or not.

So you think the Spurs are "Laker-like" in that they can come into the playoffs at any seed and still make it out of the WC?  IMO the Spurs don't really need home court against anyone other than the Lakers, not that the Spurs are deficient but because the Lakers play better at home and I don't think they can be favored all that much against the Spurs if the Spurs have HC.

The Spurs usually start to gel after the long rodeo road trip, they usually have several games on the road which i believe ends right around all star break, that road trip is where the past Spurs teams really found the roles for everyone to play and then we start rolling heading into the playoffs.  If i have to guess I would say I think we can reach the playoffs as the third ranked squad in the WC.

That division is pretty tough they would have to win it to get that spot.  While it's not impossible for them to do it if they slip at all for the rest of the year they could lose it to TWO teams easy.  I'd be surprised if they did end up getting a top seed to be honest.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com