Author Topic: Merry X-Mas Spurs fans  (Read 2999 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Merry X-Mas Spurs fans
« on: December 25, 2008, 05:12:34 PM »
Good win, very fun game to watch.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

Re: Merry X-Mas Spurs fans
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 06:07:33 PM »
Much more fun than the magic / hornets game which i bailed on at halftime - laker/celtics game off to a fun start...though the synergistic pimping of bad movies was irritating

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 02:53:24 AM »
Retarded defense by JRichardson with 2 seconds to go.  Up 2, only a trey can beat Phx, a duece only means OT.  So he leaves his man and makes a semi play at the driving Parker, in turn leaving Roger Mason wide open for the game winner. ::)

Even better D by Michael "Lockdown" Finley to let Phx take the lead a few seconds earlier.  Boxscore it out for us lurker, this should be good.

I see the refs were letting Snaq return to his Laker Marketing years style play, shoving completely set good position defenders around g(esp Timmy Dunkar) with no offensive offensive charging calls.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 11:06:46 AM »
Why would Lurker need to box score the game for you when it's clear that's exactly what you did?  There is no way you watched the game and tried to downplay Finley once again.  Especially considering he had some timely jumpers and it was PARKER who gave Grant Hill that lay up, not Michael Finley.  Go run the TiVO back and see which player was out of position that also screened his own player.

Oh by the way it was Popavich who drew the play up with Mason in the corner like that.

jemagee

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 04:01:10 PM »
Anyone going to be watching bulls/heat in an hour?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 04:06:10 AM »
So we are over a third of the way through the regular season....do the REAL Spurs fans have an opinion about the Spurs chances of a title run this year?  I read early on how bad the bench was and how weak the overall roster looked comming into the season but with the solid play of a few guys durring the early "injury season" it seems the Spurs are a bit more solid than previously thought.

I'm interested in your thoughts cause IMO the Spurs are the biggest threat to the Lakers in the WC.  The Rockets and Jazz are no push overs and could easily upset the Lakers but IMO it's the same old song and dance, the title run has to go through SA for a few games before it's all said and done.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2008, 06:53:26 AM »
^^^Still gonna come down to Popazit vs Phil and we know who bends over on that one.
Of course the Spurs have the roster to compete with LA.  Duncan may have handed the MVP reigns over to Lebron but he is still #2 or 3.

B-Rad you're hardly meritous of a response but nonetheless here it is. Parker was guarding Nash.  If you are blaming Parker for Finleys lame matador defense to let Hill get past him to reach the "screen", you're nutts.  Basketball defense 101, always know where the ball is in relation to the person(s) you are defending.   

Defense wins championships, you know. 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2008, 12:24:35 PM »
^^^Still gonna come down to Popazit vs Phil and we know who bends over on that one.
Of course the Spurs have the roster to compete with LA.  Duncan may have handed the MVP reigns over to Lebron but he is still #2 or 3.

B-Rad you're hardly meritous of a response but nonetheless here it is. Parker was guarding Nash.  If you are blaming Parker for Finleys lame matador defense to let Hill get past him to reach the "screen", you're nutts.  Basketball defense 101, always know where the ball is in relation to the person(s) you are defending.   

Yes Parker was guarding Nash.  Except not close up on him.  He was a good distance away and off to the side.  When Michael Finley caught Grant Hill making his cut out of the corner of his eye he turned to cut him off at the paint.  The only problem is he ran right into Tony Parker like he set a screen and Hill got a wide open lay up.  You have TiVO go watch it again.

Defense does win championships.  That is why the Spurs won 2 years ago and the Boston Celtics won last year.  Teams who score a lot of points but don't play good defense consistently do not win championships.   Every single time you make that comment sarcastically you look like a complete and total moron.  When will you learn?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2008, 03:14:47 PM »

Yes Parker was guarding Nash.  Except not close up on him.  He was a good distance away and off to the side.  When Michael Finley caught Grant Hill making his cut out of the corner of his eye he turned to cut him off at the paint.  The only problem is he ran right into Tony Parker like he set a screen and Hill got a wide open lay up.  You have TiVO go watch it again.

Defense does win championships.  That is why the Spurs won 2 years ago and the Boston Celtics won last year.  Teams who score a lot of points but don't play good defense consistently do not win championships.   Every single time you make that comment sarcastically you look like a complete and total moron.  When will you learn?
Thanks for yet again agreeing with my point while attempting to spin otherwise.
Finley "caught Grant Hill making his cut out of the corner of his eye he turned to cut him off at the point".  For goodness sakes B-Rad, Finley had Hill in front of him the whole time and could have cut him off/impeded Hills waltz past him with ease.  That is the point.

And yes, Defense along with offense wins, and certainly that was piss pour defense by Finley.

Numbers dont lie.  Now only if posters didn't. :D ;)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2008, 05:15:10 PM »
Did you watch the TiVO or not?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2008, 08:03:00 PM »

I said REAL Spurs fans, why are you responding?  If I need a box score recap I can just go to Yahoo.com, no need to waste our time.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2008, 09:50:51 AM »
So we are over a third of the way through the regular season....do the REAL Spurs fans have an opinion about the Spurs chances of a title run this year?  I read early on how bad the bench was and how weak the overall roster looked comming into the season but with the solid play of a few guys durring the early "injury season" it seems the Spurs are a bit more solid than previously thought.

I'm interested in your thoughts cause IMO the Spurs are the biggest threat to the Lakers in the WC.  The Rockets and Jazz are no push overs and could easily upset the Lakers but IMO it's the same old song and dance, the title run has to go through SA for a few games before it's all said and done.

Ask this question after all star break.  The Spurs are so so right now IMO, however we can usually see how far they have come after the all star break.  So let's wait until then to determine our chances.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2008, 11:01:37 AM »

Ask this question after all star break.  The Spurs are so so right now IMO, however we can usually see how far they have come after the all star break.  So let's wait until then to determine our chances.

If 20-10 is so-so I'd hate to see what would make them good in your eyes.  They better rattle off 15 games in a row!!

Seriously though after not having Manu and Parker for a good chunk of this season yet still sitting at the top of the WC in standings seems like they are doing just fine.  Double when you take into account this is "play with lineups" time for Pop.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2008, 02:19:05 PM »

If 20-10 is so-so I'd hate to see what would make them good in your eyes.  They better rattle off 15 games in a row!!

Seriously though after not having Manu and Parker for a good chunk of this season yet still sitting at the top of the WC in standings seems like they are doing just fine.  Double when you take into account this is "play with lineups" time for Pop.

It's not the record that makes me wonder how good they are, it's how much they have to work this season.  the new guys are picking up Pop's game, but I still see that Tim is working harder this year then in recent years.  After all star we will see if the team has gotten the kinks worked out or not.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2008, 04:03:38 PM »
It's not the record that makes me wonder how good they are, it's how much they have to work this season.  the new guys are picking up Pop's game, but I still see that Tim is working harder this year then in recent years.  After all star we will see if the team has gotten the kinks worked out or not.

So you think the Spurs are "Laker-like" in that they can come into the playoffs at any seed and still make it out of the WC?  IMO the Spurs don't really need home court against anyone other than the Lakers, not that the Spurs are deficient but because the Lakers play better at home and I don't think they can be favored all that much against the Spurs if the Spurs have HC.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"