Author Topic: The Warriors are a disaster  (Read 1101 times)

jemagee

The Warriors are a disaster
« on: December 24, 2008, 07:59:15 PM »
Seriously - if any franchise in any sport really needed to be taken into receivership could it be this one?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=bucher_ric&page=warriorsbucher-081223

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: The Warriors are a disaster
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 08:13:03 PM »
salivating  :P :P  for an SJax return to the Spurs.

jemagee

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 08:57:23 PM »
Has Nelson Quit?: The Golden State Warriors are a mess, there is no unity at all among the players and the coaching staff, the front office is fractured and there are more trade rumors floating around the Warriors than any team in the league. To make matters worse it seems from a distance that Don Nelson is simply going through the motions and it was no more visible than during a recent swing through Orlando watching Nelson in contrast to Orlando's Stan Van Gundy. To be clear Don Nelson is one of the better NBA coaches to talk to, he is a great guy and very insightful, he just looks as disinterested as anyone in the building most nights. One NBA insider pointed this situation out saying during the 48 minutes of game play, Nelson was rarely "coaching" - he rarely had anything to say to his team on the floor, and he rarely seemed interested in the game, despite having several young players on the floor that could have benefited from his support. Key assistants were more engaged in the game than Nelson. On the other end of the floor, Van Gundy ? or Van Giddy as he's been dubbed by insiders, whose team was up by more than 20-points for most of the game was coaching every possession all the way to the final buzzer. The NBA insider said he was not surprised at the lack of effort by the Warriors recently ? "Why should they care if their coach doesn't?" There may be some truth to that based on Nelson's body language and intensity. The worst part is the Warriors recently rewarded Don Nelson with a two-year contract extension; a deal they may be better suited buying out.

From Hoopsworld

Can a coach be fired for 'breach' and not get paid?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 11:19:48 AM »
"Why should they care if their coach doesn't?"

How about "Why should their coach care if they don't?"  This isn't high school basketball.  These are grown men who are getting paid a lot of money to do this.  If they are not going to give effort or listen then what is Don Nelson going to do?  I tend to give Don Nelson the benefit of the doubt because I've seen him in about 400+ games doing what a good coach does.  Now he gets blamed as the reason why the players gave up?  I find that hard to believe.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 12:03:47 PM »
This isn't a new issue about Nelson and in GSW - this situation has been falling apart for at least a yar or so.

When you kill a snake - you cut of it's head - if it's head takes damage the snake suffers

the coach is the head of the team...

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2008, 02:46:55 PM »
This isn't a new issue about Nelson and in GSW - this situation has been falling apart for at least a yar or so.

When you kill a snake - you cut of it's head - if it's head takes damage the snake suffers

the coach is the head of the team...

The head can't do much if the rest of the body is in a wheel chair.  Seriously look at some of the personalities on this team. 

I've tried to not touch Reality's comment but why would you (Reality) want the Spurs to get cancer?  Do you dislike them or do you like them?  Stephen Jackson?  Really?

http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2008, 04:20:32 PM »
And why would ownership extend Steven Jackson - front office conflicts and turf wars are spilling over into the court - this team is more flawed than the Soviet Union was, from ownership probably down to those guys with the twoels who are supposed to wipe the floors.

Supposedly EVERYONE is on the block :)