Author Topic: Pacers @ Sixers 12/20  (Read 15061 times)

jemagee

Re: Pacers @ Sixers 12/20
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2008, 09:57:42 PM »
This is going to be an excellent Mo Cheeks type lost - strong first quarter (at least mostly) and then the sixers start giving the game back slowly

No Willie in the second half - is he hurt?

Not much Thad either

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2008, 10:05:36 PM »
Iguodala may have had 26 tonight, but he's clearly not our best one on one player.  He shouldn't have gotten the nod on that last possession.  Then again, it shouldn't have come down to the last possession.  It's hard to believe that this is what this team has been reduced to. 

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2008, 10:23:31 PM »
Thad looks very tenative on offense since starting out the season so well.  He rarely looks aggressive with the ball.  I know his three pointer has not been falling lately, but he needs to start driving the ball more.  Some horrible officiating tonight, not that it favored either team, but some really bad calls and non-calls.  I would have preferred to have Speights on the floor down the stretch, they needed the offense at the end of the game.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2008, 11:09:49 PM »
You can count on a surplus of bad calls when Violet Palmer is on the floor.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2008, 11:33:18 PM »
You can count on a surplus of bad calls when Violet Palmer is on the floor.

Yeah, it was a given when I saw her out there.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2008, 11:41:15 PM »
If there are any up and coming female officials with NBA aspirations, Violet Palmer isn't doing them any favors. 

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2008, 12:39:14 AM »
Yeah, Willie Green was injured.  Sprained Left Ankle if I heard correctly.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2008, 11:04:11 AM »
This game was lost at the end, because the Sixers couldn't get a stop, and couldn't score at the end either.  Pacers did a good job of making outside shots, I thought they lost the game when Foster missed a layup.

Why would anyone want Dalmebert in at the end of a tight game instead of Speights?  Mareese is who they should want in the post at the end.  He's far more likely to get a foul called on him on a strong offrensive move than Iguodalaw would.  And, Andre did not get fouled on that last play, he ran right into Foster.

Team shot significantly worse against the Pacers than the three previous teams.  I only saw the last few minutes, but it looked like the team wasn't as smooth offensively.  If I had to guess I would say Dalembert being in there screwed up their half-court offense, anyone have other ideas what went wrong with their scoring?

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2008, 11:05:40 AM »
And, Andre did not get fouled on that last play, he ran right into Foster.

Foster didn't move his feet, but his arms came down on Iguodala.  That's a foul as well.  Not one you can expect them to call, but if that was in the second quarter, that should have been a foul.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 11:08:52 AM by Derek Bodner »

jemagee

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2008, 11:30:23 AM »
The game was lost the entirety of the game - the massive lead was built in the first - they had leads throughout the game - they gave the game up over time while i was trying to cook some healthier burgers and green beans with toasted almonds and having kitchen issues...i really don't care 'how' they lost -t he fact is they lost to one of the worser (yeah i said it) teams in the east coming off a double overtime game missing some of their best players and a hobbled tj ford...

i wasn't reading too much into the 3 wins because it was the wiz and the bucks, and i'm going to try not to read too mucn into this loss but this was just not good.

Offline RickyPryor

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2008, 11:45:05 AM »

Why would anyone want Dalmebert in at the end of a tight game instead of Speights? 

He was the least of our problems last night.  In fact - am I the only one who noticed Sam...standing WIDE open, directly below the basket...when Iggy threw up that last shot?  A floater to #1 and we win.

Iggy sucks.

jemagee

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2008, 11:48:30 AM »
A floater to #1 and we win.

That assumes that

A.  He catches it
B.  Reacts fast enough to avoid the hard foul forcing him to make free throws

Iggy sucks.

Really - he doesn't

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2008, 12:09:47 PM »
I noticed that Iguodala could have passed the ball to Dalembert on that last play, and wished that Speights was in there instead at that point in time.  The problem with Sam is that we've all seen him screw up so many times when he has the ball in his hands that we don't trust him.  We think it's just as likely (or even more likely) that when Samhas the ball it's going to end up a turnover, rolling out of bounds, or a missed shot and then a run-out by the other team.

The Sixers have two players that shouldn't be passed the ball and they're both big men. Reggie Evans and Sam Dalembert. Two of the most offensively-challenged players in the NBA. 

Looking at the box score, it seems that Lou Williams shooting only 33% hurt the team, as did the lackluster play of Royal Ivey and Kareem Rush. In such a close game, maybe it was Willie Green's ankle that did them in.  That and their inability to make a single three pointer on 8 attempts.

jemagee

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2008, 12:11:01 PM »
The Sixers have two players that shouldn't be passed the ball and they're both big men. Reggie Evans and Sam Dalembert. Two of the most offensively-challenged players in the NBA.

Theo Ratliff reminds you he's on the roster as well

Looking at the box score, it seems that Lou Williams shooting only 33% hurt the team, as did the lackluster play of Royal Ivey and Kareem Rush. In such a close game, maybe it was Willie Green's ankle that did them in.

Or maybe looking at the actual game some other things would have jumped out at you - like letting guys who really shouldn't score points on you

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2008, 02:08:31 PM »
Bad teams and bad refs- NBA action its fantastic!  I'm still waiting for the offense to fully take advantage of Lou, Thad and Speights natural scoring abilities.  Miller and Iguodala can score, but they make it all look so difficult.

Reggie Evans was -12 in less than 12 minutes.  I guess he has to play with Brand out, but I wish he didn't.  His energy plays almost never make up for the liability he is on the floor.

Its a shame they couldn't get this win- because its doesn't look like they will have many wins in the next few weeks.  I really hope this team can at least stay in the playoff hunt.  I still think there is a shot for them to finally click near the end of the season and then possibly do well in the playoffs- but making the playoffs is no given.