Author Topic: Magic Johnson statue dedication  (Read 7614 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Magic Johnson statue dedication
« on: February 12, 2004, 02:35:28 AM »
Man it was great!  I got to see Worthy, Kareem, West and the Magic man.  Dr. Buss was there with a MAJOR young hottie!!!!

Brent Mussberger was the MC and there was a very good highlight reel shown on the outside jumbotron.  It was a very emotional ceremony and everyone got choked up when Chicky-Baby was mentioned.

Magic's statue will now greet everyone who visits Staples Center.

The chant of "Jerry come back" was fun!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2004, 02:25:17 PM »
Is it him holding a box of Trojans? :blink:  
Paul

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2004, 02:29:04 PM »
Is it him holding a box of Trojans? :blink:
I doubt he could hold a box of Trojans wearing his 5 LEGIT championship rings on his fingers.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2004, 02:29:56 PM »
<Dr. Buss was there with a MAJOR young hottie!!!!

stomache churning.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2004, 02:32:00 PM »
<I doubt he could hold a box of Trojans wearing his 5 LEGIT championship rings on his fingers.

No i think spurs101 meant was the young hottie holding, no make that wearing a box, no make that a case of Trojans.  The kind that cover the whole body.  That would be a LEGIT move on her part.

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2004, 02:35:59 PM »
Paul

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2004, 02:38:55 PM »
Non legit?  Plowed through LA BOTH times loser. They will graciously do it to your dream team once again.  Then it will be 3 illegitimate championships...because Malone is old.  And Kobe had legal trouble.  And Shaq's big toe hurt.  

Can you smell that?  Non-accountable LA fans already working the angles. :lol:  
Paul

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2004, 02:41:01 PM »
Non legit?  Plowed through LA BOTH times loser. They will graciously do it to your dream team once again.  Then it will be 3 illegitimate championships...because Malone is old.  And Kobe had legal trouble.  And Shaq's big toe hurt.  

Can you smell that?  Non-accountable LA fans already working the angles. :lol:
Sorry to burst your bubble but the "One and Done" Sp*rs will live down to the Lakers fans expectations.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2004, 03:02:39 PM »
Really showed the championship form against the Rockets last night.  Championship form?  Wait, your 2 years removed from that.  Forgot. <_<  
Paul

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2004, 03:15:39 PM »
Really showed the championship form against the Rockets last night.  Championship form?  Wait, your 2 years removed from that.  Forgot. <_<
That's truely sad when a Sp*rs fan has to lower himself to praising a win by the ROCKETS over the Lakers to compensate for the Sp*rs 0 for 3 record against the Bling Bling Dynasty.

That's:
ZERO for THREE
OHHH for THREE (as in "Ohhh we suck against the playoff contendors, especailly the Lakers", "Ohhh we're afraid of the Lakers", "Ohhh we're giving the ball to TD agains", "Ohhh ohhh ohhhhh, Shaq's doing it to me AGAIN!" ect...)  :lol:

"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2004, 03:21:41 PM »
I would rather be hot late in the season than early on.  Lakers haven't shown me any heart, I don't see them going back to the promised land.  They barely got past a weak Orlando team, when I saw them get punked by the Rockets last night, that was the icing on the cake. Lake Show dosen't worry me.  The REAL heavyweights from the West (Kings, T-Wolves) will challenge the Spurs for the crown this year.  
Paul

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2004, 03:22:04 PM »
If you define the "bling bling" dynasty as the Shaq/Kobe years then I believe the Spurs are 2-3.   Or we could say that the Lakers are 0-2 versus the Duncan Dynasty..... :ph34r:  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2004, 03:24:51 PM »
If you define the "bling bling" dynasty as the Shaq/Kobe years then I believe the Spurs are 2-3.   Or we could say that the Lakers are 0-2 versus the Duncan Dynasty..... :ph34r:
I'm talking about this season, please try and keep up.  I don't have time to compensate for the disgracefull Texass public school system.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2004, 03:49:32 PM »
If you define the "bling bling" dynasty as the Shaq/Kobe years then I believe the Spurs are 2-3.   Or we could say that the Lakers are 0-2 versus the Duncan Dynasty..... :ph34r:
I'm talking about this season, please try and keep up.  I don't have time to compensate for the disgracefull Texass public school system.
Fortunately Lurker did not find himself stuck in the horrendous Texas public school system and therefore writes comprehensive statements.  Unlike graduates of the California system who post vague references to dynasties that have never existed..... :lol:

:ph34r:

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2004, 04:14:37 PM »
I see, 3 CONSECUTIVE CHAMPIONSHIPS is not a dyansty or even the beginnings of one.

On the other hand, now let me get this right, 1 championship seperated by 3 years before the next championship, in other words 2 championship over 5 years
(and one of those chamionships is, shall we say, asterisk worthy) is a dynasty, or at least a "Duncan Dynasty", is that correct?

Lurker my friend, you may not have been a product of the Texas school system, but whichever one you are a product of should give the tax dollars back. Even we living here in the filtered sunshine of LA LA Land can add better than that, in the playoffs over the last 5 years (3 of which LA emerged champions) the Lakers and the Spurs are tied at 2-2 in postseason play, and LA is up by 1 ring.

I'm curious, does the new math you seem to be employing mean you guys get to say you have 5 teeth instead of just 3???
« Last Edit: February 12, 2004, 04:23:06 PM by Laker Fan »
Dan