Author Topic: Bye Bye Boozer?  (Read 7288 times)

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Bye Bye Boozer?
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2008, 02:21:08 AM »
Quadricep is in the arm

What kind of Tijuana angel dust are you snorting this time, Miguel. 

Quadriceps are made up of 4 muscles as follows: (1)Vastus Lateralis, (2)Vastus Medius, (3)Vastus Medialis, and (4)Rectus Femoris and ALL are in the Anterior (Front) Thigh.

NOT a single muscle in the arm (which are Biceps Brachii, Brachialis, Coracobrachialis, Triceps Brachii, and all the muscles in the anterior (flexor) and posterior (extendor) forearm compartments) is said to be part of the Quadriceps. 

. . . and people say you never use Anatomy for anything.   
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2008, 10:18:13 AM »
Quadricep is in the arm

What kind of Tijuana angel dust are you snorting this time, Miguel. 

Quadriceps are made up of 4 muscles as follows: (1)Vastus Lateralis, (2)Vastus Medius, (3)Vastus Medialis, and (4)Rectus Femoris and ALL are in the Anterior (Front) Thigh.

NOT a single muscle in the arm (which are Biceps Brachii, Brachialis, Coracobrachialis, Triceps Brachii, and all the muscles in the anterior (flexor) and posterior (extendor) forearm compartments) is said to be part of the Quadriceps. 

ick....I was thinking Tricpes....I guess I should stop watching those "Girly Man" skits and "Tommy Boy" movies so much.....
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2009, 12:24:34 AM »
ick....I was thinking Tricpes....I guess I should stop watching those "Girly Man" skits and "Tommy Boy" movies so much.....

It's not very often you pull that kind of boner WoW. On the other hand, the other kind is a morning and night occurrence. (Dang, there's some nice double entendre in that sentence.)

Still, I let your quadriceps gaff slide out of what I thought was mutual respect. Alas . . .
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2009, 12:08:23 PM »
With Millsap going down and the whole Boozer vs Millsap debate we've had.....

Do guys think that maybe Jerry Sloan's coaching style and way he teaches players to play can really wear them down physically?  If they got rid of Boozer and Millsap goes down similar to how he just did they are going to be in some serious trouble even if they have another star on the perimeter, wouldn't you guys agree?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2009, 10:43:11 AM »
Boozer is a pussy about injuries. And Millsap's injury was a freak thing. The problem is he jumped. If he could just stop jumping, then he'd have even slimmer chance of landing that way, and we wouldn't have to worry about him.  ::)

Karl Malone played in Sloan's system for 17 years and missed something like 18 games. I don't think it's Sloan. It was just a nasty, freak thing.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2009, 11:29:11 AM »

...and when it comes to WayOut...THEY'RE RIGHT.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2009, 11:40:46 AM »

Do guys think that maybe Jerry Sloan's coaching style and way he teaches players to play can really wear them down physically?  If they got rid of Boozer and Millsap goes down similar to how he just did they are going to be in some serious trouble even if they have another star on the perimeter, wouldn't you guys agree?

Actually, 'koast, I don't agree at all.  I think of all systems, Sloan's is one of those that de-emphasizes athleticism and emphasizes ball- and player-movement, and as such, MINIMIZES injuries.  I made that argument several years ago, when Karl Malone went to the Lakers, and I predicted that he'd miss several games due to injury.  Folks said I was crazy, because Malone had missed so few games in his career.  While I didn't see Malone missing as many as he did, or the injury being as severe as it was, it was a very foreseeable thing - an older player who has played his career in a system that keeps his two feet on the floor going to a team where he'd be asked to be more of a high-flyer.

If you look at Utah's injury history, you'll see that the players who end up most injured are the high-flying athletes - like Kirilenko.  (I think Brewer will end up in this category as well.)  That's pretty much what you expect.  Then you've got the older, undersized players who play power games - folks like Harpring.  There's only so much beating a body will take before it wears down, and that's the case with Harpring.  Boozer has been an unusual case.  Millsap's injury is much like those few that Karl Malone had - reasonably minor, but not overly surprising given his style of play.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2009, 12:16:57 PM »
Actually, 'koast, I don't agree at all.  I think of all systems, Sloan's is one of those that de-emphasizes athleticism and emphasizes ball- and player-movement, and as such, MINIMIZES injuries.  I made that argument several years ago, when Karl Malone went to the Lakers, and I predicted that he'd miss several games due to injury.  Folks said I was crazy, because Malone had missed so few games in his career.  While I didn't see Malone missing as many as he did, or the injury being as severe as it was, it was a very foreseeable thing - an older player who has played his career in a system that keeps his two feet on the floor going to a team where he'd be asked to be more of a high-flyer.

Joe,

I think you've been away from the board too long and you b-ball mind is going soft!   ;)

Malone's injury was a freak accident, had nothing to do with the system he was playing in.  Some useless frogging dipstick fell down and sat on Malone's knee.  Nothing more nothing less.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2009, 12:27:00 PM »

If you look at Utah's injury history, you'll see that the players who end up most injured are the high-flying athletes - like Kirilenko.  (I think Brewer will end up in this category as well.)  That's pretty much what you expect.  Then you've got the older, undersized players who play power games - folks like Harpring.  There's only so much beating a body will take before it wears down, and that's the case with Harpring.  Boozer has been an unusual case.  Millsap's injury is much like those few that Karl Malone had - reasonably minor, but not overly surprising given his style of play.

I wasn't saying that is what I thought.  I was just asking if you guys thought it was a possibility.  Guys like Pat Riley have been known to ride players very hard in his system.  To the point where they complain it makes them more injury prone and beats up their body too much.

Utah does play very physical basketball though and I would have to say playing that way puts more wear and tear on your body than say it would in D'Antoni's system in New York.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com