Author Topic: I want to talk about the Jazz!!  (Read 5466 times)

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
I want to talk about the Jazz!!
« on: December 14, 2008, 01:00:47 AM »
Who cares about the Lakers, Spurs, Kings, and Sixers??   ;D

The Jazz on the other hand, everybody has been chomping at the bit to analyze.  So as you all know Carlos Boozer has been injured for 13 games this season, Deron Williams has been injured for 12 games this season.  Andrei Kirilenko has missed a couple games with injuries.  Quick without looking, what is the Utah Jazz record.  Are they:

A)  A .500 team out of the playoffs
B)  A losing team at the bottom of the barrel
C)  Barely above .500 squeaking in the playoffs
D)  Within 1 game of the #2 seed in the Conference

I know ridiculous, huh!! 

This whole team is Boozer and Willams, right?  How have they missed a combined 25 games in a season that is 24 games long, so far and have a 15-9 record.  I'll tell you how, Jerry Sloan is the man and I think there needs to be retribution this man has never been voted Coach of the Year.  SOMEBODY OUT THERE GIVE THIS GUY THE AWARD!!  Its a travesty!

Anywho, off the soapbox, and onto the other reason.  His name is Paul Millsap!  Who you ask?  I'll tell you, a couple of years ago there was this guy who played for a little-ass school called Louisian Tech (also known as Karl Malone State University), he was an undersized forward who lead the NATION in rebounding three years in a row while scoring a healthy amount of points efficiently.  Well this awesome forward who went to Karl Malone State got drafted by Utah (where Karl Malone played) in the 2nd ROUND!!  Eerie!  Anywho this Paul Millsap, turns out is a tenaciously tough rebounder who scores a healthy amount of points very efficiently in the Pros.  Very weird, I know! 

What has Paul Millsap done in the starting lineup since Boozer has been injured.  I'm glad you asked.  Do you like 16.2 points and 10.5 rebounds.  How about when that scoring number comes at you at a 55% clip and you're always sure do get your 3 steal, 2 block gems here and there.  As weird as it is, the only player to show any spine in last year's playoff loss to the Lakers (apologies to Deron who also did), by playing tough defense, sacrificing his body, grabbing offensive boards for second chance put backs, and converting field goals with authority over Odom and Gasol, actually plays that way when he STARTS TOO!! 

I had this conversation with Ted when he visited (although at the time I didn't have a good solution) and with Joe a couple of weeks ago.  I declare that the Utah Jazz need to get rid of Carlos Boozer!   I know, I KNOW!!  I'm crazy.  I'm a raging lunatic.  Why do I want to get rid of 20 point, 10 rebound, 57% shooting, 3 assist Carlos Boozer.  Why do I want to sever one of Utah's central 1-2 punches.  Because I believe that Boozer will never show the requisite testicular fortitude to ever be anything but a shapeless, spineless, dud in bad need of heart transplant come playoff time and we're playing <insert tough-as-nails team here> (probably the Lakers for the foreseeable future).  Now because Boozer is such a wonderful regular season player with such sparkling boxscores and penchant for eating people smaller than him for lunch, he does have trade value.  I think Utah would be better served getting rid of Boozer, replacing him with Paul Millsap in the starting lineup and getting a REAL, HONEST-TO-GOODNESS shooting guard to put in the starting lineup. 

Therefore JoMaL (if the first sentence of the post didn't piss you off and you are still reading), I offer you Carlos Boozer and C.J. Miles for Kevin Martin and Brad Miller.  There you have it sports fans, I want to get rid of Carlos Boozer and I don't think I'm crazy. . . ?

Am I?
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: I want to talk about the Jazz!!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 11:17:39 AM »
You know you bring up an interesting point.  How come you never see a team riddle with injuries, yet make the playoffs or compete well, have a coach who gets that award.  You would think if you have been missing one or both key players for games yet you still are 6 games over .500 that says something.  Obviously this is pre-mature but I agree with what you are saying.  He should be at the top of the pack in terms of who can get this award.  I just don't want it to be handed to him as a life time achievement type award.  Pretty LAME he has not won it yet.

http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 12:02:17 PM »
It's all about pre season expectations - and the jazz are expected to hit the playoffs every year - which team exceeds preseason expectations the most is the one who usually gets the award.

BTW - why is kirilneko playing badliy - he's killing me

Offline Skandery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 12:34:57 AM »
Seems like I'm talking to myself but what the hay . . .

. . . Paul Millsap goes for 32 points, 10 rebounds, 2 steals, and 2 blocks tonight. 

HEY JOMAL, I'm SERIOUS!!!  Carlos Boozer and C.J. Miles for Kevin Martin and Brad Miller!  Interested?? 

How about you Ted, am I crazy?
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 03:23:10 AM »
How about a PF-C with world Championship experience?
Along with a SG/SF/PF (hey Pop says he can play all three, and Pops won 4 Championships you know) who can shoot the lights out and plays great lurker lock down D?

Fabs n Finley for Boozer.
2 fer 1.
The F n F boys.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 10:17:34 AM »
How about a PF-C with world Championship experience?
Along with a SG/SF/PF (hey Pop says he can play all three, and Pops won 4 Championships you know) who can shoot the lights out and plays great lurker lock down D?

Fabs n Finley for Boozer.
2 fer 1.
The F n F boys.

Sometimes I think to myself, "Hey give Reality a chance.  He has got to have at least a minimum amount of smarts to operate a computer."  Then you post something and all those thoughts are blown away like a leaf in a tornado.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 10:28:54 AM »
It's all about pre season expectations - and the jazz are expected to hit the playoffs every year - which team exceeds preseason expectations the most is the one who usually gets the award.

BTW - why is kirilneko playing badliy - he's killing me

Ok but if your team makes the playoffs for 20 years when do you start getting some credit?  You have coaches who are handed a lot of talent and a poor record before they get there getting this award.....

Skandery, you don't have to tell me about Paul Millsap he was on my fantasy team last year.  I WISH I had him this year to be honest with you.  Id give up Lamar Odom and another player just to get him back.....

jemagee

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 11:07:28 AM »
Ok but if your team makes the playoffs for 20 years when do you start getting some credit?  You have coaches who are handed a lot of talent and a poor record before they get there getting this award.....

Sure - you get credit for being a good coach - but it's coach of the year, not the decade, or 20 years, and i'm not saying he hasn't been jobbed, I'm just saying that his consistency and quality rosters (props to the front office) have 'cost' him COY qualification because his teams have never really 'over performed' what was expected of them.

The fact that he hasn't gotten one illustrates how silly the award voting process really is.

And I'm guessing, it doesn't matter one iota to Sloan, but the media and the fans make a big deal out of it (even though the media is the one who sets him up not to get one)...he's a victim of his own quality coaching/rosters in terms of COY voting.

Offline Skandery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008, 11:49:30 AM »
he's a victim of his own quality coaching/rosters in terms of COY voting.

So in other words he's too good of a coach to win Coach of the Year . . . got it!

Fabs n Finley for Boozer

Which part of this sentence I initially posted did you not comprehend, Reality:

I think Utah would be better served getting rid of Boozer, replacing him with Paul Millsap in the starting lineup and getting a REAL, HONEST-TO-GOODNESS shooting guard to put in the starting lineup .

Finley may have been at one time but he is way past his prime and wouldn't want to rely on him as our starting shooting guard for the next couple of years.  You're going to have to give me someone on the quality of Kevin Martin.  So I'll tell you what, give me Manu Ginobili and Matt Bonner and I'll consider it.   

Hey JoMal, are you even considering the Martin deal or should I take the hint?

I WISH I had him this year to be honest with you.  Id give up Lamar Odom and another player just to get him back.....

Yeah Westkoast, he's definitely been good for fantasy while Boozer's been out.  In real life though, I've never seen the guy not play his heart out.  I'm interested to hear your comments, do you think getting rid of Boozer makes sense for the Jazz?  Is Millsap good enough to be plugged in the starting lineup full time and would a Kevin Martin/Michael Redd type of player be worth giving up Boozer?  The only reason I'm so sure is that before Boozer was injured this year I called Millsap to be an 18/12 type of starter, so he fell short a bit and is getting 17/11 but still . . .

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2008, 11:57:37 AM »
Seems like I'm talking to myself but what the hay . . .

. . . Paul Millsap goes for 32 points, 10 rebounds, 2 steals, and 2 blocks tonight. 

HEY JOMAL, I'm SERIOUS!!!  Carlos Boozer and C.J. Miles for Kevin Martin and Brad Miller!  Interested?? 

How about you Ted, am I crazy?

<ahem>

You would need to drop Martin, as Miller's and Boozer's contracts are just about even.

But YEAH!!!!! Straight up Boozer for Miller??? Where do I sign???
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Skandery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2008, 12:03:15 PM »
Oh we'll get the lawyers/accountants to crunch the numbers and grease the cap situation but the deal is Martin for Boozer.  Still interested . . . ?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2008, 12:19:02 PM »
Which part of this sentence I initially posted did you not comprehend, Reality:

What part of "box score parrot" do you not understand about Reality?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2008, 12:28:55 PM »

Yeah Westkoast, he's definitely been good for fantasy while Boozer's been out.  In real life though, I've never seen the guy not play his heart out.  I'm interested to hear your comments, do you think getting rid of Boozer makes sense for the Jazz?  Is Millsap good enough to be plugged in the starting lineup full time and would a Kevin Martin/Michael Redd type of player be worth giving up Boozer?  The only reason I'm so sure is that before Boozer was injured this year I called Millsap to be an 18/12 type of starter, so he fell short a bit and is getting 17/11 but still . . .

Hard question.  I personally don't feel Boozer is always playing hard or tough enough in the paint.  Whereas  Millsap does just the opposite.  He doesn't have the skill that Boozer does but sometimes I wonder how much a bang bodys in the paint put back is worth compared to a fall away jumper when it comes to wearing a team down.  Obviously its still 2 points but I think those hustle plays, those bang the body plays, can really tire a team out.  They are also killers in crunch time.  With that said Boozer is pretty much tested as a starting player who can pull this squad into the playoffs.  Millsap has not had a chance to prove himself so that makes me a tiny bit hesitant to say 'Yea for sure, move Boozer for another player and let Paul move up'

Why Michael Redd's name?  He is a big time scorer and a great shooter but don't you already have a shooter in Korver?  What about a slasher?

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2008, 12:38:02 PM »
Oh we'll get the lawyers/accountants to crunch the numbers and grease the cap situation but the deal is Martin for Boozer.  Still interested . . . ?

Why do you keep misspelling 'Miller'? Are you handicapped?
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2008, 03:17:52 PM »
Skander is after a two-guard, JoMal.  A starting caliber, drop-dead shooting 2-guard.  Ginobili, Martin, Redd.  That type of guy.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!