Author Topic: Even a Lakers win doesn't look good.  (Read 6272 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: Even a Lakers win doesn't look good.
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2008, 02:29:05 PM »
Ted, your post proves you're an idiot!  I'm a 4 star "date" (or an all-you-can-eat buffet) minimum!

Hey, I only report findings. The Amber House's rating says more about JoMal's "rating" of you than anything else. At least he didn't book you at the Cozy Cave Inn, a per-hour place down by the industrial district.

We now have a don't tell, don't ask policy in town, but that may have to do with taking out a home loan. I confuse the two.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2008, 02:52:29 PM »
Hey, I only report findings. The Amber House's rating says more about JoMal's "rating" of you than anything else. At least he didn't book you at the Cozy Cave Inn, a per-hour place down by the industrial district.

per-hour?  The jokes on you!  I haven't been able to "throw down" for a whole hour since my 20's pendejo!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2008, 03:31:06 PM »
I don't think that this is a three-horse race, at all.  As I see it, there's one horse in the race, and that's the Lakers.

As I see it, home court advantage for the Finals is overrated due to the 2-3-2 format.  What's important is Home Court advantage for the playoffs.  Unless something drastic happens, it's looking pretty close to a no-brainer that that will be the Lakers in the West.

I think several teams have the ability to win the whole thing, no matter who they face:  Boston, Cleveland, San An, Utah, Orlando, and Detroit.  I'd even give Houston and Phoenix a long-shot chance.  But if you have to pick a champ this year, you should pick the Lakers...not "The Lakers, or Boston, or Cleveland."
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

jemagee

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2008, 03:50:27 PM »
Aside from the maxim that 'defense wins championships' contradicting the 'lakers don't play defense' problem - i'm sure you're right joe

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2008, 04:26:05 PM »
I don't think that this is a three-horse race, at all.  As I see it, there's one horse in the race, and that's the Lakers.

As I see it, home court advantage for the Finals is overrated due to the 2-3-2 format.  What's important is Home Court advantage for the playoffs.  Unless something drastic happens, it's looking pretty close to a no-brainer that that will be the Lakers in the West.

I think several teams have the ability to win the whole thing, no matter who they face:  Boston, Cleveland, San An, Utah, Orlando, and Detroit.  I'd even give Houston and Phoenix a long-shot chance.  But if you have to pick a champ this year, you should pick the Lakers...not "The Lakers, or Boston, or Cleveland."

I really don't see how the Lakers can beat the Celtics at this point.  Maybe things will change later in the year because IMO the Lakers SHOULD have the best team in the league.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2008, 04:29:27 PM »
Maybe things will change later in the year because IMO the Lakers SHOULD have the best team in the league.

They got another franchise to give them their franchise player for nothing.  Darn right they SHOULD!! ;)
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2008, 04:38:28 PM »
Maybe things will change later in the year because IMO the Lakers SHOULD have the best team in the league.

They got another franchise to give them their franchise player for nothing.  Darn right they SHOULD!! ;)

When an idiot like Bitch Cupcake can be considered a competent GM, it says a lot about the other GM's in the league.

Skandy, too bad you were not around for the Lakers when they traded Elden and EJ for Rice or when they traded Van Excel for ....what did they get for this guy?... or when they traded Shaq for Odom, Butler and Grant or when they traded Butler for Kwame.  I'm sure glad you were around for the Gasol for Kwame and Gasol trade, good looking out dawg.  ::) 
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2008, 04:42:12 PM »

per-hour?  The jokes on you!  I haven't been able to "throw down" for a whole hour since my 20's pendejo!

:o :D
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2008, 04:46:58 PM »

When an idiot like Bitch Cupcake can be considered a competent GM, it says a lot about the other GM's in the league.

Skandy, too bad you were not around for the Lakers when they traded Elden and EJ for Rice or when they traded Van Excel for ....what did they get for this guy?... or when they traded Shaq for Odom, Butler and Grant or when they traded Butler for Kwame.  I'm sure glad you were around for the Gasol for Kwame and Gasol trade, good looking out dawg.  ::) 

Van Exel left for Tony Battie and the rights to Tyronne Lue.....
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2008, 12:08:56 PM »
Another nail biter that SHOULD have been a blow out.  A few games I thought the opposing team was just having one of those nights where they couldn't miss, especially from the 3-pt line but when several teams have terrific nights from behind the arc I start to think there is a problem with the Lakers defense.

Despite the Lakers record there is definately a problem with the Lakers.  Maybe teams are getting pumped to face the Lakers or maybe the Lakers are tuned for the playoffs and playoff style of basketball.  The games against more traditional teams will be something I really want to key on and watch.  How many teams hang out at the 3-pt line that do well in the playoffs?  Maybe the Lakers will not have to face teams that focus on the perimeter but almost every team has a deadly shooter from behind the arc if you leave him wide open.

We'll see........
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2008, 12:09:58 PM »
Jackson quoted in the paper today trying to 'minimize' the impact I think?  Saying how the coaching staff expected it to be a pretty close game - but somehow they neglected to tell the players.