Author Topic: Even a Lakers win doesn't look good.  (Read 6276 times)

jemagee

Re: Even a Lakers win doesn't look good.
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2008, 12:13:11 PM »
I think the media keeps telling me it's a three horse race - but in general the media doesn't know WTF it's talking about...lots of teams haven't been fully healthy yet - and it isn't even the mid pole yet (barely past the quarter pole) and seasons last a while...

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2008, 12:23:26 PM »
I think the media keeps telling me it's a three horse race - but in general the media doesn't know WTF it's talking about...lots of teams haven't been fully healthy yet - and it isn't even the mid pole yet (barely past the quarter pole) and seasons last a while...

Do you watch the games?  The media didn't tell me it's a three horse race, it's pretty obvious.  Right now the Lakers look like smoke and mirrors, but they are clearly the class of the WC because the Spurs have had to deal with so many injuries.  I just don't see the Jazz/Mavs/Suns/Nuggets/Hornets being much of a threat.  I really can't say one way or another about the Cavs but the Celtics are CLEARLY the class of the entire league.  Their defense is there every night and their offense looks a lot better now that Allen is healthy and Rondo is grown in to a legit NBA PG.  In other words I'd be willing to put money on the Celtics/Cavs/Lakers right now and I'd probably put money on the Spurs next month.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2008, 12:33:14 PM »
Hey, dude, are you coming up this way today or not?

It's tommorow.  I'll be landing around around 3:30 p.m.  You still game?

Right....helps to look at the calendar. Yeah, that would work out fine.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2008, 12:37:06 PM »

Do you have a place in mind?  If you do can I get the info so I can pop it in to my GPS.  Just send me a message on phillyarena.  I want to keep it private, don't want your wk stalker, or my Reality stalker, showing up uninvited. :)
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2008, 12:50:29 PM »

Do you have a place in mind?  If you do can I get the info so I can pop it in to my GPS.  Just send me a message on phillyarena.  I want to keep it private, don't want your wk stalker, or my Reality stalker, showing up uninvited. :)

Yes I do. Think it will work out well. It is just off the freeway and you can get back on to go up to Roseville later fairly easily. I will send the address, etc in a bit.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2008, 12:51:32 PM »

That's messed up for two reasons...

1) I think I could find a more interesting person than JoMal to stalk.  Where is the fun in watching him watch Matlock on DVD for hours on end?

2) I travel to plenty of *HORRIBLE* places for work, why willingly go up to Cow-Town on my own time?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2008, 12:56:12 PM »
....Matlock on DVD for hours on end?

:D :D :D

I guess he's waiting on "Murder She Wrote" to hit BluRay before he commits to a new hobby.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2008, 01:25:53 PM »
If the lakers 'main focus' is keeping up with the celtics, than they won't win a title anyway - any teams main focus during the regular season has to be playing the best they can and fixing whatever is wrong with their team, especially if other team is in the other conference so you wouldn't have to worry about them until the championship.

When I say keeping up I mean by destroying teams they clearly have more talent than.  Both teams made it to the finals last year so they Wolves should get spanked by the Lakers the same way the Celtics have been spanking other teams.

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2008, 01:26:58 PM »
I want to keep it private, don't want your wk stalker, or my Reality stalker, showing up uninvited. :)

Westkoast, Reality. I told you I wouldn't let you down. My sources have pinpointed the meeting place.

Amber House
1315 22nd Street
Sacramento, CA, 95816
866-539-0036

It looks like a cozy little B&B about 10 miles from downtown Sacto. Rated 3 1/2 stars and 5 out of 5 reviews recommend it as ideal for a romantic rendezvous.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2008, 01:31:10 PM »
I want to keep it private, don't want your wk stalker, or my Reality stalker, showing up uninvited. :)

Westkoast, Reality. I told you I wouldn't let you down. My sources have pinpointed the meeting place.

Amber House
1315 22nd Street
Sacramento, CA, 95816
866-539-0036

It looks like a cozy little B&B about 10 miles from downtown Sacto. Rated 3 1/2 stars and 5 out of 5 reviews recommend it as ideal for a romantic rendezvous.

I am feeling lazy today.  I think ill just wait for the photoshopped pictures of JoMal in a Lakers t-shirt with hearts above WOWs head next time JoMal disagrees with Reality.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2008, 01:35:05 PM »
....Matlock on DVD for hours on end?

:D :D :D

I guess he's waiting on "Murder She Wrote" to hit BluRay before he commits to a new hobby.

Explains why my hair has suddenly taken on a blue tinge to it.

But I AM stalker-proof. Something to do with my Old Dude body odor and tight fitting green latex walking jumper suit

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2008, 01:36:30 PM »
BTW, WOW. I sent you a message about where to go. Need to know if you got it or not.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2008, 01:52:13 PM »

Amber House
1315 22nd Street
Sacramento, CA, 95816
866-539-0036

Ted, your post proves you're an idiot!  I'm a 4 star "date" (or an all-you-can-eat buffet) minimum!

JoMal, got your message and it looks good.  I don't mind cow-paty burgers and river water beer, all good in my book.  I got your email address, cell number, California ID, social security number and home address from wk so I'll have no problem "hunting you down" as wk put it.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2008, 02:06:49 PM »

Amber House
1315 22nd Street
Sacramento, CA, 95816
866-539-0036

Ted, your post proves you're an idiot!  I'm a 4 star "date" (or an all-you-can-eat buffet) minimum!

JoMal, got your message and it looks good.  I don't mind cow-paty burgers and river water beer, all good in my book.  I got your email address, cell number, California ID, social security number and home address from wk so I'll have no problem "hunting you down" as wk put it.

Okay, I will be wearing the deerhunter flap cap, holding the 12 gauge, and bragging about the 12 pointer that got away. Hard to keep those racks on the heads of Laker fans, but a few of them make the mistake of stopping in town as they follow their "team".

The place has a decent bar and the restaurant is pretty good. I will meet you in the bar once to let me know you have landed.

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2008, 02:25:37 PM »

Hey, I only report findings. The Amber House's rating says more about JoMal's "rating" of you than anything else. At least he didn't book you at the Cozy Cave Inn, a per-hour place down by the industrial district.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton