Author Topic: OT - Cadillac Records  (Read 4930 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: OT - Cadillac Records
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2008, 04:27:53 PM »
I have no idea where you two idiots are comming from...I'm just kidding of course....

Over hyped on Cloverfield?  Where did you guys get that?  Cloverfield was the DEFINITION of viral marketing.  The hype for that movie was ALL about internet viral marketing.  You guys are nuts.  IMO if they NEVER showed the monster beyond what we saw in the previews and on the net the movie would have been awesome.  When they showed the whole monster for more than a second it looked very CGI cheezy.  I loved the little parasites and the effect they had on humans but showing the whole moster really blew it for me, otherwise it rocked.  That scene where the army dudes charged was one of the best scenes I can remember, reminded me of a similar scene in War of the Worlds.

There is NO EFFING way to make Uhura "too" sexy, she was the BOMB.  I think she is mixed with Hispanic, not sure but I thought she was part Cuban or Pueto Rican.  The new Trek looks AWESOME.  I'm glad movies of certain genre's have evolved beyond "Star Wars" cheezy.  BSG on SciFi is a perfect example of that evolution as was The Dark Knight.  The kids who grew up watching that stuff are now big boys and wear big boy pants and it's about time movies were raised to adult hood instead of the Saturday morning level stuff we're used to getting.

What do you guys think of that new SciFi movie that came out today, is it the Day the Earth Stood Still?  It stars that crappy actor who played Neo in The Matrix.  I was planning on seeing it but my 11 year old boy said it looked "lame". :(
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jemagee

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2008, 04:34:39 PM »
I don't like remakes as a rule (I also tend to avoid 'reimagingins' of good foreign films as hollywood seems intent on bastardizing every good japanese film ever made - it's amazing how many people think the departed is an original film)

Actually - if cloverfield had stuck with that one trailer with the Statue of Liberty's head - I think they would have been just fine :)  Didn't need much else.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2008, 05:04:02 PM »
I have no idea where you two idiots are comming from...I'm just kidding of course....

Over hyped on Cloverfield?  Where did you guys get that?  Cloverfield was the DEFINITION of viral marketing.  The hype for that movie was ALL about internet viral marketing.  You guys are nuts.  IMO if they NEVER showed the monster beyond what we saw in the previews and on the net the movie would have been awesome.  When they showed the whole monster for more than a second it looked very CGI cheezy.  I loved the little parasites and the effect they had on humans but showing the whole moster really blew it for me, otherwise it rocked.  That scene where the army dudes charged was one of the best scenes I can remember, reminded me of a similar scene in War of the Worlds.

There is NO EFFING way to make Uhura "too" sexy, she was the BOMB.  I think she is mixed with Hispanic, not sure but I thought she was part Cuban or Pueto Rican.  The new Trek looks AWESOME.  I'm glad movies of certain genre's have evolved beyond "Star Wars" cheezy.  BSG on SciFi is a perfect example of that evolution as was The Dark Knight.  The kids who grew up watching that stuff are now big boys and wear big boy pants and it's about time movies were raised to adult hood instead of the Saturday morning level stuff we're used to getting.

What do you guys think of that new SciFi movie that came out today, is it the Day the Earth Stood Still?  It stars that crappy actor who played Neo in The Matrix.  I was planning on seeing it but my 11 year old boy said it looked "lame". :(

I think the marketing on cloverfield was great, just like the joker cards for The Dark Knight.  but I was like is that thing following them or are these people just stupid!  anyway, it was ok, but not great.

Day the earth stood still looks very intersting, I want to see it, but I see it is getting bad reviews already.  I will still see it anyway though.

Anyone notice Marvel has remade The Punisher - A THIRD TIME! what happenned to the last guy to play the role?
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

jemagee

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2008, 05:06:15 PM »
Day the earth stood still looks very intersting, I want to see it, but I see it is getting bad reviews already.  I will still see it anyway though.

The original is probably better...just see the original.

The Punisher film is a 'reimagining' based on the marvel knights (more adult) flim and since the more recent punisher film sucked bloody bollox (the punisher kills folks, a punisher that doesn't kill folks is like a daredevil who can see) they reset it to try and capture the kind of market that would like the real punisher (they'll fail) much like they rebooted the hulk after the ang lee version (which i liked)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2008, 05:22:31 PM »
oh there is also a movie called 2012 coming out soon, has to do with prophecy that world will end that year by flood, the preview remind me of that movie "the day after tomorrow."  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2008, 05:25:12 PM »

The original is probably better...just see the original.

The Punisher film is a 'reimagining' based on the marvel knights (more adult) flim and since the more recent punisher film sucked bloody bollox (the punisher kills folks, a punisher that doesn't kill folks is like a daredevil who can see) they reset it to try and capture the kind of market that would like the real punisher (they'll fail) much like they rebooted the hulk after the ang lee version (which i liked)

ANG LEE!!!!!  HULK POODLES!!!  no way!   the last Hulk film rocked.

jemagee

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2008, 05:28:59 PM »
I haven't seen the most recent hulk film but i was just saying i liked the mythology ang lee created with the second one - with the father/son story line and the more adult theme of the film - plus i even liked the 'panelling' transition he used to mimic comic books - i understand it wasn't universally liked or successful but i thought it was a good hulk story

jemagee

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2008, 05:29:23 PM »
oh there is also a movie called 2012 coming out soon, has to do with prophecy that world will end that year by flood, the preview remind me of that movie "the day after tomorrow."  

Wasn't Dean Deviln somehow connected to both films?

The day after tomorrow was terrible

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2008, 05:36:53 PM »

Wasn't Dean Deviln somehow connected to both films?

The day after tomorrow was terrible

LOL yeah, it was.  the big shot in the preview of 2012 is in the water flooding over mountain tops as a monk watches it head his way, he is in a temple on top of mountain acrosss the way.

jemagee

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2008, 05:37:14 PM »
Darren Daulton is very excited for 2012

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2008, 05:47:13 PM »
I am waiting for them to make my all time childhood superhero into a movie - THE HUMAN HAIRBALL

Okay, perhaps my childhood was a bit deprived.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

jemagee

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2008, 05:58:02 PM »
I'd like to see a remake of student bodies starring jon heder as malpert

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2008, 09:44:24 PM »
I want to see a remake of Giant Robot vs The Claw.  The ultimate would be a modern remake of Star Blazers, can you imagine the Wave Motion Gun firing from the Yamato with today's CGI?   :o
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jemagee

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2008, 09:48:01 PM »
The ultimate would be a modern remake of Star Blaze

First person besides me I know who has even mentioned Star Blazers in places I post - i have the first 6 eps on DVD i hope to get the others some day when i can start spending money agian - I LOVED that show

jemagee

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2008, 10:31:24 PM »
Benjamin Button has christmas day potential as well