Author Topic: TO - did i just see that?  (Read 2658 times)

jemagee

TO - did i just see that?
« on: December 12, 2008, 10:07:30 AM »
Did I just see highlights of Terrell Owens crying because he thinks it's unfair that Tony Romo and Jason Witten are planning vacations together?

Is he going to throw him self on the ground and have a tantrum now because they won't let him play in their reindeer games?

And now you got Terence Newman on tv placing blame on unknown people in the locker room.

After seeing new york teams fail, the cowboys yearly implosion is always fun

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: TO - did i just see that?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 10:15:41 AM »
After seeing new york teams fail, the cowboys yearly implosion is always fun

As a long time (20+ years) Cowboys hater who lives in Texas this is just about the best drama to follow every year.  And it all starts at the top with an owner who thinks he is smarter than the true football people.  They truly are America's team this year:  dysfunctional just like the economy.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

jemagee

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 10:19:29 AM »
And it all starts at the top with an owner who thinks he is smarter than the true football people.

Skip just stole my quote by talking about the reindeer games - little bastard.

The Eagles always have a little advantage in that there are TWO owners who think they are smarter than the football people in their division

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 12:17:06 PM »
Out of all the times he has cried this one makes an ounce of sense.  The other times I just don't think they do.

This guy went out of his way to throw his body in front of the gun shots directed at Tony Romo when they got bounced in the playoffs.  Now I totally understand he doesn't have to be buddy buddy with him and can go on vacation with anyone he wants I think it has to do with chemistry.  Like TO went out of his way for Romo but Romo doesn't go out of his way for him.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 12:21:18 PM »
No he doesn't make an ounce of sense - who cares if they are taking vacations together.

Stop fooling yoruself, TO is about TO and TO doesn't care if his team wins IF THEY DONT WIN BECAUSE OF HIM...more balls are being thrown to witten and that makes TO sad because it's less about TO and more about Witten...TO is a selfish ASS and should either respect the coaches know what plays to call to help the team win or go start his own team where every play is a version of GET THE BALL TO TO  - because that's all he wants - he's a cry baby - plain and simple.

I'm just glad it's happening to the cowboys

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 12:41:43 PM »
No he doesn't make an ounce of sense - who cares if they are taking vacations together.

Stop fooling yoruself, TO is about TO and TO doesn't care if his team wins IF THEY DONT WIN BECAUSE OF HIM...more balls are being thrown to witten and that makes TO sad because it's less about TO and more about Witten...TO is a selfish ASS and should either respect the coaches know what plays to call to help the team win or go start his own team where every play is a version of GET THE BALL TO TO  - because that's all he wants - he's a cry baby - plain and simple.

I'm just glad it's happening to the cowboys

If TO didn't care about anyone other than TO he wouldn't have been the bullet proof vest for Tony Romo.  While I think 95% of the time he only thinks about himself when he finally did go out of his way for someone else, they sort of just let him get shot and kept it moving.  Too bad he had to air it out in the media and does a horrible job of explaining himself, always.

jemagee

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 12:45:36 PM »
I think he did a fine job of explaining himself, even when he was 'covering' for Tony (taking a bullet whatever the hell that means) he was all about TO - he's a calculating attention whore...and now he thinks this is the best way to get it.

Serously - he's crying cause two players take a vacation together and it's not him?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 12:49:50 PM »
I think he did a fine job of explaining himself, even when he was 'covering' for Tony (taking a bullet whatever the hell that means) he was all about TO - he's a calculating attention whore...and now he thinks this is the best way to get it.

Serously - he's crying cause two players take a vacation together and it's not him?

What do you not get about the bullet reference?  Pretty simple.  The media was taking shots at Romo for the Cowgirls losing.  TO stood in as a shield to take some of that flack.

jemagee

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 12:54:56 PM »
And if you don't think that was TO trying to make TO look like a good guy - then that's fine, you buy TO's BS, but this isn't the first time he's done it, he did it in SF he did it in Philly, he's demonstrated time and again he ONLY cares about TO - not winning - but winning as long as TO gets the ball and is the center of attention - by deflecting criticism (stop calling it bullets, jesus christmas it's words from over hyper fans, it's not painful, unless of course you're sad you can't take a vacation with your two teammates who won't let you play in their sandbox) for Tony he demonstrated how good a guy TO is - and how great TO is - and less than half a season later he's out there crying and whining because they won't play with him trying to make it about TO again.

With TO it's ALWAYS about TO - he's shown that again and again, but some people will fall for it every time.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 01:02:20 PM »
And if you don't think that was TO trying to make TO look like a good guy - then that's fine, you buy TO's BS, but this isn't the first time he's done it, he did it in SF he did it in Philly, he's demonstrated time and again he ONLY cares about TO - not winning - but winning as long as TO gets the ball and is the center of attention - by deflecting criticism (stop calling it bullets, jesus christmas it's words from over hyper fans, it's not painful, unless of course you're sad you can't take a vacation with your two teammates who won't let you play in their sandbox) for Tony he demonstrated how good a guy TO is - and how great TO is - and less than half a season later he's out there crying and whining because they won't play with him trying to make it about TO again.

With TO it's ALWAYS about TO - he's shown that again and again, but some people will fall for it every time.

Let me make this clear...I don't give a flying ish about the Cowboys or really football in general. 

You seem to be personally vested in this issue, not me.  I am giving you my opinion on it. 

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2008, 01:24:33 PM »
Just thought I'd throw in one more shot at Jerry Jones here regarding his questioning Marion Barber's toughness.  Really, Jerry?  You're calling out a guy who's as tough to take down as any player in the league and who has been a thorough professional throughout his career?   Unbelievable. 
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

jemagee

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2008, 01:32:18 PM »
The cowboys really need their own reality show - and not just during training camp - alternative revenue streeams baby - alternative revenue streams

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2008, 02:20:10 PM »
Owens has always acted like the jealous girlfriend regarding his QB1's. They can't ever talk to or about any other receivers or they get the TO/PO'ed attitude treatment.

As for the Dallas owner Jones, he made his coaches put Pacman Jones into the D-back starting rotation after his latest suspension ended, changing around the players already there. Pacman is a mediocre player to begin with, but Jerry Jones is making him out to be a savior - up until he got hurt and now is out for the year. 

Still, compared to Al Davis and the Raider organization, I can just wish from afar for the stability and compatibility displayed by the Cowboys. <sigh>
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2008, 04:03:42 PM »

uhhmmm......yea....what he said......
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jemagee

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2008, 10:14:57 AM »
Goodness this gets more fun - now TO is talking about how 'every time something happens...I'm to blame'

Who was the guy on tv crying last week cause he wasn't allowed to play in the reindeer games making this a story?