Author Topic: JRich to Suns, Bell and Diaw to Cats  (Read 2255 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
JRich to Suns, Bell and Diaw to Cats
« on: December 10, 2008, 06:59:29 PM »
Suns get Jason Richardson and Sean Singletary.

Charlotte gets Boris Diaw, Raja Bell, Jared Dudley and a future second-round pick.

Dudley 6'7" SF 2nd year guy got 20 min per game with Bobbies.
Singletary is a rookie born in Philly.  Dabods and rt can tell us all about him.

Discuss.  Phx gives up a lot of D with Bell moving.  Diaw was very inconsistent, otherwise he still has lots of upside.
JRich when hot is fantastic.  When hot.  What do you think this does to Kerr?  Did Snaq get along with Bell and Diaw or would Kerr even care at this point in the Big Apestotles career?

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: JRich to Suns, Bell and Diaw to Cats
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 07:14:31 PM »
This is an interesting trade, overall I think it probably benefits Phoenix. 

Jason Richardson is a bona fide scorer and should be able to be effective in Terry Porters half court offense.  He's not a great defender, but I think Raja is an overrated defender. He's good, but he's certainly not an elite defender like a Battier, or Bowen. 

I can see why Phoenix made this trade, but I can't fathom why the Bobcats did.  Brown and/or Jordan must not have valued Richardson much to give him away for one decent defender/two inconsistent offensive players. 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 07:17:19 PM »
This is an interesting trade, overall I think it probably benefits Phoenix. 

Jason Richardson is a bona fide scorer and should be able to be effective in Terry Porters half court offense.  He's not a great defender, but I think Raja is an overrated defender. He's good, but he's certainly not an elite defender like a Battier, or Bowen. 

I can see why Phoenix made this trade, but I can't fathom why the Bobcats did.  Brown and/or Jordan must not have valued Richardson much to give him away for one decent defender/two inconsistent offensive players. 

I am thinking maybe they want someone else to be the primary scorer....

Glad I am not the only person who thinks that Raja Bell's defense is overrated.  I can name a lot of people who I feel are better defenders of him.  Andre Igs, Ron Artest and Trevor Ariza come to mind on top of who you mentioned.

Ive been a J-Rich fan since the dunk contest he was first in and I enjoyed watching him in Golden State but uhhh...I think this trade sucks for PHX.  Reason being is Jason Richardson is a primary scorer type player and plays his best when he is scoring.  Who is he going to take shots from?  Shaq already has taken some away from Amare and Nash.  Does J-Rich get Shaq's shots?  How would that make sense when he still takes more efficent shots from the floor.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 07:19:55 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 07:18:02 PM »
Larry Brown is going to make Raja Bell cry - talk about a guy who most benefitted from D'anotni's system - it was either bell or barbosa

The bobcats GM is michael jordan - their head coach is Larry Brown - no more be known to fathom why they would make a trade - now - sour on dj augistin and trade him to philadelphia for andre miller

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 07:31:34 PM »
What is it that teams don't like about JRichardson?  Biggest mistake GS made was moving him.  First time in forever they make the playoffs, get past round 1, and then they trade him for Brandon Wright, they miss the playoffs and now they suck.

How in the world does this make Charlotte better?  They don't save that much, and they just a lot worse.  Big change out west, this is a real big time battle for the last 7 spots.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 07:49:43 PM »
This is really a "huh?" trade.  ???

Only reason the Suns even bother is to get J-Rich. Charlotte is treading water anyway and this does nothing to really change that.

Singletary was drafted in the second round by the Kings, then traded to the Rockets in the Artest deal, then went somewhere else, then to the Suns and now the Bobcats. Can you say journeyman marginal player, and he is still only two months into his rookie year. Touted coming out of college, his shooting sucks for the NBA, though he had a decent summer league play the point.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 09:04:16 PM »
J-Rich has never impressed me as a spot up shooter...and that is what the Suns need.  Nash controls the ball and will hit an open jumpshooter and Shaq needs a solid perimeter shooter to help open the lane.  I have always seen J-Rich as more of a slasher and that isn't what the Suns need.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 09:43:04 PM »
What is it that teams don't like about JRichardson?  Biggest mistake GS made was moving him.  First time in forever they make the playoffs, get past round 1, and then they trade him for Brandon Wright, they miss the playoffs and now they suck.

How in the world does this make Charlotte better?  They don't save that much, and they just a lot worse.  Big change out west, this is a real big time battle for the last 7 spots.

I don't think this is going to help PHX all that much to be honest.  Trying to integrate a player like Jason Richardson who has been #1 or #2 his entire career on top of already trying to put this team back on course is too much for a head coach with little experience.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 11:04:29 PM »
J-Rich has never impressed me as a spot up shooter...and that is what the Suns need.  Nash controls the ball and will hit an open jumpshooter and Shaq needs a solid perimeter shooter to help open the lane.  I have always seen J-Rich as more of a slasher and that isn't what the Suns need.

Didn't JRich lead the league in 3's attempted or made or something?  I thought I heard stuff about him settling for the long bomb instead of being the slasher that made him so effective?  I had him on my FNBA team and I thougth he used to light it up...maybe I'm getting old and my memory is fading.... :(
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 08:30:02 AM »

Didn't JRich lead the league in 3's attempted or made or something?  I thought I heard stuff about him settling for the long bomb instead of being the slasher that made him so effective?  I had him on my FNBA team and I thougth he used to light it up...maybe I'm getting old and my memory is fading.... :(

He did lead in 3s made last year...maybe it is my memory that is fading.  I still think of him as a slasher.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 09:29:09 AM »

He did lead in 3s made last year...maybe it is my memory that is fading.  I still think of him as a slasher.

That's his strength.  When GS was making the playoffs it was mainly on the back of him attacking the rim and occasionally getting hot from the field.  As he started to take more of a back seat in the offense he started to shoot jumpers more.

jemagee

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2008, 11:08:29 AM »
Well, here's what went down. I put in a call to Michael and said, "Yo, MJ! You gotta do something to make Gerald Wallace the man in Cha-town . . . What? What's 'Cha-town'? It's Charlotte. You know . . . the city where the Bobcats play . . . Bobcats? . . . That's your team, you're the GM, remember?"

Once he remembered, he said, "cool."

And there you have it. My fantasy keeper just became the man. 25 PPG here we come.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

jemagee

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2008, 11:09:22 AM »
Yeah well, let's see what the coach says about that

jemagee

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2008, 10:34:28 PM »
Raja Bell doesn't seem to be having a great start out in Charlotte