Author Topic: Mavs @ SUns  (Read 8960 times)

jemagee

Mavs @ SUns
« on: December 04, 2008, 09:56:20 PM »
Holy crap the mavs are kicking the crap out of the suns on TNT

Terry Porter - hot seat? 

Steve Kerr has GOT to be in trouble doesn't he?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Mavs @ SUns
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 11:40:11 PM »
Holy crap the mavs are kicking the crap out of the suns on TNT

Terry Porter - hot seat? 

Steve Kerr has GOT to be in trouble doesn't he?

The Suns look like they need a "do over" and quick!  Not sure if it's players or coach, right now both look like shizzle.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 11:41:37 PM »
Can we get Rickortreat and Reality to finally admit making moves for Shaq and in response switching up the offense was the WRONG way to go?

Though to be fair you don't really win games often when you let an elite player go 17 for 25 no matter what you are doing.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 11:48:20 PM »
I never thought it was a good move personally.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 11:28:28 AM »

Well those two more or less was telling those of us who said it was a bad move we didn't know what we were talking about.

Which is REALLY ironic considering how much both of them hated Shaq when he was a Laker.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 12:22:16 PM »

Well those two more or less was telling those of us who said it was a bad move we didn't know what we were talking about.

Which is REALLY ironic considering how much both of them hated Shaq when he was a Laker.

I thought it was a good move...for the Spurs!  Anything (except injuries) that weakens an opponent is a good move IMO.

I also liked the Kidd/Harris trade.

;D
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

jemagee

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 12:23:59 PM »

That one was baffling to me as well - but since he's also a badger, i'm pro devin harris, and despise jason kidd

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 01:21:54 PM »

I thought it was a good move...for the Spurs!  Anything (except injuries) that weakens an opponent is a good move IMO.

;D

The icing on that cake is what the Mavs had to pay to get "Diop the throw in" back.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 01:28:44 PM »
are there teams (in the nba) out there that realize in time, if not ahead of the curve, that their window is closing/closed instead of making last gasp desperate moves that do nothing but prolong the slow death knell and make 'reloading/rebuilding' even more difficult?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2008, 02:05:37 PM »
are there teams (in the nba) out there that realize in time, if not ahead of the curve, that their window is closing/closed instead of making last gasp desperate moves that do nothing but prolong the slow death knell and make 'reloading/rebuilding' even more difficult?

Los Angeles Lakers

They reload and rebuild championship teams faster than anyone in NBA history so far.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2008, 02:15:38 PM »
Hmm...maybe that explains the hatred - but that was also mostly Jerry West was it not - have they won any titles since West left?  I know they've rebuilt nicely with Kupchak (and a huge, asinine, assists from the Grizzlies)...and Bynum is looking like a solid pick even though Kobe wanted him gone for J-Kidd (another example why player input probably isn't the smartest thing in the world) - though there've been some disturbing reports the past weeks about his behavior and attitude

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2008, 02:45:45 PM »
Hmm...maybe that explains the hatred - but that was also mostly Jerry West was it not - have they won any titles since West left?  I know they've rebuilt nicely with Kupchak (and a huge, asinine, assists from the Grizzlies)...and Bynum is looking like a solid pick even though Kobe wanted him gone for J-Kidd (another example why player input probably isn't the smartest thing in the world) - though there've been some disturbing reports the past weeks about his behavior and attitude

West did not build the early 80's team, he mostly maintained it throughout the 80's, and they also won titles in Minny and a title in the 70's, none of which had West as a "management" contributor.  Should this current team win a title it would be a "reload" where the Shaq/Kobe teams were a "rebuild".  Still, IMO the Lakers lost more than can be quantified the day West left.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2008, 10:58:54 AM »

Los Angeles Lakers

They reload and rebuild championship teams faster than anyone in NBA history so far.

The Spurs are also there year after year...they just don't get the big market officiating to win titles.   ;)

But in the Spurs history they have only missed the playoffs 4 or 5 times.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2008, 12:34:34 PM »

Los Angeles Lakers

The Spurs are also there year after year...they just don't get the big market officiating to win titles.   ;)

The Spurs are there year after year....but instead of big marketing officiating they have fixing of drafts ;)

I think the Spurs have done an excellent job of tapping the Euro market to keep the team competitive, finding journey men, and I think coaching has a lot to do with them always being able to rebuild quickly.  Ditto for PJ and the Lakers.  I think if the Spurs and Lakers did not have the coaches they do the wouldn't be able to reload in the same fashion.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2008, 06:38:02 PM »

Los Angeles Lakers

FYI,

Sorry to break it to you but...the Spurs have nothing to do with the point of the "reload/rebuild" tangent of this thread.  The Spurs have neither reloaded nor rebuilt to win a title.  TD has won with DRob/TP/Manu as the core.  They were not all together but you can't really say they reloaded since one or more of the core PLUS TD have been there very time.

The Lakers were a completely different team that won titles in the 80's vs the 70's team and they were a completely different team that won titles in the 00's vs the 80's, Green being the exception but I wouldn't condsider Green part of the 80's core, that was Magic/Worthy/Kareem.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"