Author Topic: OT- Building your own Desktop  (Read 8685 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: OT- Building your own Desktop
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2009, 01:10:39 PM »
Wow everyone was excited about this topic a month ago.  Almost forgot this thread existed.

Obviously much more relevant to me, now.

BTW, is jem really banned?  And if so, what'd he do? 

http://forums.phillyarena.net/index.php?topic=5237.0

We didn't even have a "shoving his handle into a virtual oven ceremony"....  :'(
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2009, 02:45:59 PM »
Wow everyone was excited about this topic a month ago.  Almost forgot this thread existed.

Obviously much more relevant to me, now.

BTW, is jem really banned?  And if so, what'd he do? 

http://forums.phillyarena.net/index.php?topic=5237.0

We didn't even have a "shoving his handle into a virtual oven ceremony"....  :'(

lmao..
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2009, 03:37:47 PM »
You shouldn't be here looking for confrontation.  You shouldn't be here to prove intellectual superiority.  You shouldn't be here to get under peoples skin

ummmm........and how, exactly, have I, for one, not been banned from here based on these ideals, yet?   ???

I accuse dabods of favoritism!!!!!!

Humph!! Not even a warning.

<especially for intellectual superiority. I mean, come on!!>
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2009, 03:57:37 PM »
You shouldn't be here looking for confrontation.  You shouldn't be here to prove intellectual superiority.  You shouldn't be here to get under peoples skin

ummmm........and how, exactly, have I, for one, not been banned from here based on these ideals, yet?   ???

I heard that dabods thinks you're stupid, that's why the "intellectual superiority" clause doesn't kick in.  I think I heard it from jem...too bad jem is not here to confirm or deny that rumor.  ;D
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2009, 04:14:08 PM »
<duh.........>

<duh.........>
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2009, 04:17:13 PM »

Actually....dabods says we police ourselves.  We have JoMal and Laker Fan Dan as the "grammar police", Laker Fan Dan is the part time "cursing police" as well, and nearly all the other posters are deputy Reality police.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2009, 04:37:44 PM »
I don't police/moderate/admin these msnbc boards.  That was the deal when it was setup, and that's not what I want to do.  Generally, we're our own little group, so we all know each others personality.

The PhillyArena board is somewhat moderated (RE: there's one rule, that's to be respectful).  It gets a little difficult because of members cross-posting, and in the end it may end up that I split the boards into two separate forums.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2009, 04:40:06 PM »
I don't police/moderate/admin these msnbc boards.  That was the deal when it was setup, and that's not what I want to do.  Generally, we're our own little group, so we all know each others personality.

The PhillyArena board is somewhat moderated (RE: there's one rule, that's to be respectful).  It gets a little difficult because of members cross-posting, and in the end it may end up that I split the boards into two separate forums.

Too bad those guys are so Philly-centric, they have tons of activity, something we could use around here.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2009, 04:55:58 PM »

Okay, under the heading of ignorance is bliss, WHAT other board are we talking about?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2009, 05:00:50 PM »
Okay, under the heading of ignorance is bliss, WHAT other board are we talking about?

It's the "new pretty girlfriend" board where Bods spends ALL his time.  :'(

http://forums.phillyarena.net/index.php?board=6.0

At the TOP of the page no less!!!  >:(
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2009, 02:41:58 AM »

It's the "new pretty girlfriend" board where Bods spends ALL his time.  :'(

http://forums.phillyarena.net/index.php?board=6.0

At the TOP of the page no less!!!  >:(

That board is a home wrecker!!!!    :'( :'( :'(
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.