Author Topic: OT - JoMal, King of Sactown  (Read 2859 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
OT - JoMal, King of Sactown
« on: December 01, 2008, 01:27:02 PM »
You gonna be around on the 17th or 18th?

I will be flying into Sactown early afternoon on the 17th with no work scheduled that day.  On the 18th I will be in the Roseville area and I should be done with work by 2 or 3 p.m.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: OT - JoMal, King of Sactown
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 02:14:19 PM »
I will be around, but not near Roseville.

I suppose you will be staying up there, but I could arrange to meet you the day you fly in, if you can make it convenient. It is all about me, as you know.

If you bring good gossip about some of the other posters around here, I will buy you a meal.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 02:18:24 PM »

I suppose you will be staying up there, but I could arrange to meet you the day you fly in, if you can make it convenient. It is all about me, as you know.

If you bring good gossip about some of the other posters around here, I will buy you a meal.

Ted personally funded the YES on Prop 8 movement 100%.  I would like my meal to be at the Chevy's that overlooks the river when I go up there.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 02:23:06 PM »

I don't have to stay in Roseville the whole time, that's just where I'll be based on Thurs night.  On Wed I'll be flying into Sactown and then I have to drive to Grass Valley, but since there is not work for me that day I can pretty much get to Grass Valley whenever I like.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 02:45:52 PM »

I don't have to stay in Roseville the whole time, that's just where I'll be based on Thurs night.  On Wed I'll be flying into Sactown and then I have to drive to Grass Valley, but since there is not work for me that day I can pretty much get to Grass Valley whenever I like.

Okay, let's shoot for Wednesday afternoon, then. I can probably get off work a bit early that day, since, well, I just can. We can do better then wk's Chevy's, however. Other places along the river or midtown. Have to think about it.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 07:20:08 PM »
Ill be the first to admit the food is average at best but drinking tequila overlooking the water is pretty relaxing IMO.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 07:32:51 PM »
Get a room. ::)

and let westkoast watch.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 08:00:22 PM »
Ill be the first to admit the food is average at best but drinking tequila overlooking the water is pretty relaxing IMO.

Scott's Seafood Restaurant at La Rivage overlooking the river has both good food and the view, plus the Lakers stay there, even though it is south of downtown.

jemagee

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 08:05:56 PM »
Does the King of Sactown rank above or below the Queen of Putrescence?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 02:10:30 PM »

Scott's Seafood Restaurant at La Rivage overlooking the river has both good food and the view, plus the Lakers stay there, even though it is south of downtown.

That is why you are the King of Sac-town and I am just some chump who has been up there a few times .

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2008, 02:33:59 PM »

That is why you are the King of Sac-town and I am just some chump who has been up there a few times .

Yeah, well, being the King of SacTown is better then being the Beaner of LA <WOW>. Actually, Chevies isn't bad, but a bit further up the River Road, like half a mile, is the Virgin Sturgeon, and it is right ON the water itself and the food is good and the bar is 'rustic'. We used to have more places like that here, but they sank.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2008, 04:59:47 PM »
Okay, let's shoot for Wednesday afternoon, then. I can probably get off work a bit early that day, since, well, I just can. We can do better then wk's Chevy's, however. Other places along the river or midtown. Have to think about it.

I have the option of landing in Sactown at 1 p.m. or 3:15 p.m., what works better for you?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2008, 05:15:18 PM »

I have the option of landing in Sactown at 1 p.m. or 3:15 p.m., what works better for you?

Later rather then earlier.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2008, 05:21:24 PM »

Okie dokie
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2008, 08:43:27 PM »

Okie dokie

Okay, I am on my way to the Crescent City till next Tuesday, so I'll be out of touch till then.