Author Topic: Brandon Roy as good was Lebron and Kobe? (Byron Scott losing it?)  (Read 11345 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Brandon Roy as good was Lebron and Kobe? (Byron Scott losing it?)
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2008, 02:39:07 AM »
Idiot..stupid...sounds like the same thing to me.  You act like I completely made things up Ziggy.  You did insult his intelligence.  Whether you said idiot or stupid is really beside the point and splitting hairs.  BOTH are terms that are used to insult someones intelligence and one is not worse than the other, right?  So just stop with the whole I never said that as if you never said anything remotely close to what I posted.  Try not to be too upset because I put 'idiot' in your mouth instead of 'stupid'  ::)

The whole "ahead of the curve" comment really is what pushed me in the direction of you thinking he should be mentioned with them when it is all said and done.  If Byron Scott was ahead of the curve then he knows ahead of time that Brandon Roy is going to become a player as good as Kobe Bryant and Lebron James?  That makes logical sense right? Maybe you can admit it was a bad choice of words on your part and not just me "putting words into your mouth" ??? 

Hay but this thread did exactly what it is suppose to do on a BASKETBALL message board which is spur a debate.

This is also a pet peeve of mine, people putting words in my "post" and trying to make an argument.  ziggy did not call Bods stupid let alone idiot.  Please re-read his posts, he said Bods might not be as smart as ziggs gives him credit for, that's not calling someone stupid IMO.  If you want to call someone stupid you could say something like "you're stupid".  Some of you guys have a hard time staying on point, or debating point by point, you must be non-techie people.  Some of you get confused about who said what and couldn't stay on point if your 401K depended on it.

This thread did what most threads around here do, mingle drama in with a b-ball debate.  Still better and smarter than all rah-rah boards on the net.........

This is going to be my last post in this thread.

Ok so I tell you that you are not as smart as I thought you were...what is that saying?   You are not smart?  Stupid is defined as someone who lacks intelligence right?  Come on WOW.   

See this is a pet peeve of mine when people clearly are taking a shot at someone,  get called on it, and  because it's someone they might like they try to deflect what they said.  Whether it is trying to focus on two words to accomplish that or by trying to down play what was really being said because it wasn't a simple insult ala "you're stupid".  Any variation of you are not as smart as I thought you were is equal to what I was saying by continuing to quote 'stupid' and 'idiot'.  Essentially that was being said.  You know kinda like "you're stupid" but in a few more words.

My original point had to do with basketball actually.....remember I created this thread?  Really if you want to really go back and read posts you will see who got pissed over me saying "I disagree" and stating my reason.  If a pissing match was started in this thread that is probably the first whiz.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 03:02:59 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2008, 09:28:17 AM »
John Hollinger has the Blazers rated as the 4th best team in the league, and he is clearly their best player.  Maybe Byron Scott is losing it, or maybe he is just ahead of the curve.

Ziggy, when you say "maybe he is losing it, or maybe he is just ahead of the curve", immediately after you have presented supporting evidence of why he may be ahead of the curve (with no evidence of why he's losing it), it at least LOOKS LIKE you may be supporting Byron Scott's assessment.  Even if that wasn't your intention, it can at least be misconstrued that.

Which is why when posting on message boards, you should at least provide people the benefit of the doubt. 

And I certainly don't think there was anything I did to provoke the response I got.  I tried to explain how what you posted could have been construed the way it did.  I did not attack you.  I did not insult you.  In return I got a "maybe you're not smart" comment in return.  I don't appreciate that, and I don't recall that being your style.

Derek,
Read the rest of the posts here. I took an unnecessary shot at you, out of frustration, and so I apologize for that.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2008, 10:15:32 AM »

So we get the last word?  You're an idiot!  Do you disagree?  ;D

Ok so I tell you that you are not as smart as I thought you were...what is that saying?   You are not smart?  Stupid is defined as someone who lacks intelligence right?  Come on WOW.

It could go either way, if you tell someone they are not in shape is that calling them fat?  Nope, not necessarily.

See this is a pet peeve of mine when people clearly are taking a shot at someone,  get called on it, and  because it's someone they might like they try to deflect what they said.  Whether it is trying to focus on two words to accomplish that or by trying to down play what was really being said because it wasn't a simple insult ala "you're stupid".  Any variation of you are not as smart as I thought you were is equal to what I was saying by continuing to quote 'stupid' and 'idiot'.  Essentially that was being said.  You know kinda like "you're stupid" but in a few more words.

That is BS and you should know that.  People on this board are brutally honest, just plain old brutal if you ask me.  We don't spare any feelings around here so your whole paragraph is a bunch of BS IMO.

My original point had to do with basketball actually.....remember I created this thread?  Really if you want to really go back and read posts you will see who got pissed over me saying "I disagree" and stating my reason.  If a pissing match was started in this thread that is probably the first whiz.

The wizzing STARTED when someone put words into someone elses post, the first shot was taken when you made the  comment about anyone agreeing with ziggy's point, which he never made in the first place.  Putting words into ziggy's post seemed to get him all butt-hurt and that's when the fur started to fly.  You suck at following a thread or you're just trying to "deflect".
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2008, 10:32:30 AM »

So we get the last word?  You're an idiot!  Do you disagree?  ;D

Ok so I tell you that you are not as smart as I thought you were...what is that saying?   You are not smart?  Stupid is defined as someone who lacks intelligence right?  Come on WOW.

It could go either way, if you tell someone they are not in shape is that calling them fat?  Nope, not necessarily.

That is BS and you should know that.  People on this board are brutally honest, just plain old brutal if you ask me.  We don't spare any feelings around here so your whole paragraph is a bunch of BS IMO.

The wizzing STARTED when someone put words into someone elses post, the first shot was taken when you made the  comment about anyone agreeing with ziggy's point, which he never made in the first place.  Putting words into ziggy's post seemed to get him all butt-hurt and that's when the fur started to fly.  You suck at following a thread or you're just trying to "deflect".

You are a lot smarter than I give you credit for, but then again I never gave you much credit anyway.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2008, 10:45:18 AM »
You are a lot smarter than I give you credit for, but then again I never gave you much credit anyway.

You calling me a genius?  I dare you to say it to my face beeyotch!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2008, 11:09:48 AM »
Skandery may think I should apologize for the BCS posts the last couple of years, but I see it differently.  I could see he wanted to argue the BCS, and no one was willing to argue with him about it, so it was my gift to him.  I took the opposite side, just so he could vent away.

That's exactly what I wanted and you gave it to me.  Think you should apologize?!?  I should thank you for actually being one of the few people to debate me, whichever side you argue.  Hmmm, maybe you are not as smart as I give you credit for. 8)

Speaking of which, the BCS is shaping up to be a political sham of an enterprise again!

<turns to crowd>

Stand back people.
;D   
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2008, 11:10:30 AM »
We don't spare any feelings around here so your whole paragraph is a bunch of BS IMO.

. . . then I don't understand why you walk around on eggshells all the time, WOW. 
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 11:16:17 AM by Skandery »
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

jemagee

« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2008, 11:14:18 AM »
Speaking of which, the BCS is shaping up to be a political sham of an enterprise again!

It always has been and always will be - I'm not sure why anyone is shocked.

Poor Boise State

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2008, 11:24:54 AM »

<turns to crowd>

Stand back people.
;D   

Try living in Texas and reading a sports page right now.    ::)

And I know...living in Texas and reading are usually mutually exclusive.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

jemagee

« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2008, 11:26:27 AM »
It's not like Texas doesn't have a valid argument, but Oklahoma does too, Texas Tech maybe not so much after they got walloped in Oklahoma.

With all the focus being on who matters in the big 12 I hope alabama wallops Oklahoma (assuming they both win this weekend) pointing out that if you don't play defense you won't win.

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2008, 11:34:54 AM »

You calling me a genius?  I dare you to say it to my face beeyotch!

How about this.

According to some computerized gizmo this is the 4th best board on the net, I am the best poster on the board, maybe WayOutWest is crazy, or maybe WayOutWest is ahead of the curve?

AA Mil

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2008, 01:11:06 PM »
Frankly, I am still trying to figure out why anyone got PO'ed over these comments in the first place. Maybe I am stupid

<.....pause for affect........>

but I never saw the reason behind the original annoyance from ziggy and dabods - two of the LAST posters on this board that I would have thought would get in a snippy fight over how a player is perceived by a coach from another team and their respective opinions on that.

westkoast, on the other hand, lives for this stuff.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2008, 01:14:46 PM »

It's not that he lives for this stuff, he just doesn't know any better.  Kinda like a dog that doesn't understand why you don't want him to lick you after he's spent 10 mins lapping at his bunghole and weenie.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2008, 01:23:12 PM »

It's not that he lives for this stuff, he just doesn't know any better.  Kinda like a dog that doesn't understand why you don't want him to lick you after he's spent 10 mins lapping at his bunghole and weenie.

:D   :D   :D
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

jemagee

« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2008, 01:30:24 PM »
It's the dogs way of saying

I NEED TEEPEE FOR MY BUNGHOLE

CORNHOLIO