Author Topic: Do you agree with Barkley??  (Read 11584 times)

jemagee

Re: Do you agree with Barkley??
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2008, 11:13:47 AM »
Nash will also be a free agent - and rumors are he isn't happy either

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2008, 12:04:16 PM »
Nash will also be a free agent - and rumors are he isn't happy either

He is at the very end of his career though.  Not saying he won't be effective since most of his game depends on his vision and bball IQ but he won't be a starting PG in 2010 IMO.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2008, 12:05:24 PM »
He is at the very end of his career though.  Not saying he won't be effective since most of his game depends on his vision and bball IQ but he won't be a starting PG in 2010 IMO.

Well rumors also talk about how a nash/d'antoni reunion might be tempting - and in 2 years nash is probably still a better option in that offense than chris duhon :)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2008, 12:10:53 PM »

Well rumors also talk about how a nash/d'antoni reunion might be tempting - and in 2 years nash is probably still a better option in that offense than chris duhon :)

Duhon did his best Steve Nash impression the other night I thought....didn't he have 22 assists?!

jemagee

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2008, 12:12:45 PM »
Duhon did his best Steve Nash impression the other night I thought....didn't he have 22 assists?!

Yes, but the warriors don't exactly play defense, and duhon doesn't exactly pile up the assists against other teams (he's on my fantasy team, so his assist numbers are not what i hoped they'd be in the d'antoni system, though those 22 helped)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2008, 12:40:26 PM »

Yes, but the warriors don't exactly play defense, and duhon doesn't exactly pile up the assists against other teams (he's on my fantasy team, so his assist numbers are not what i hoped they'd be in the d'antoni system, though those 22 helped)

True but I wonder if Chris Duhon in 2 years under the guidance of D'Antoni would be better than Steve Nash in 2 years (he has a bad back)

I wonder if Nash would ever take a back up PG role at that time.  I think he would be a great back up PG.

jemagee

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2008, 12:43:29 PM »
It's an interesting theoretical discussion and it'll be interesting to see how it plays out...the knicks need two things to lure lebron, the cap room is easy, assembling pieces that make him think he has a better chance of winning a title in New York (under the d'antoni system that couldn't even make the finals with an 'almost perfect' roster for his system) then in Cleveland, or Portland for that matter, or anywhere else...

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2008, 01:06:53 PM »
It's an interesting theoretical discussion and it'll be interesting to see how it plays out...the knicks need two things to lure lebron, the cap room is easy, assembling pieces that make him think he has a better chance of winning a title in New York (under the d'antoni system that couldn't even make the finals with an 'almost perfect' roster for his system) then in Cleveland, or Portland for that matter, or anywhere else...

See that is what what I don't get.  That system is a great offensive system but I don't think it is a system that will get you a championship.

jemagee

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2008, 01:09:21 PM »
See that is what what I don't get.  That system is a great offensive system but I don't think it is a system that will get you a championship.

Not as long as the playoff officiating doesn't match the regular season playoff officiating :) 

It's exciting basketball though isn't it?

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2008, 01:12:44 PM »
Wonder what these basketball pundits will be saying if LeBron decides NOT to sign as a free agent with the Knicks?l
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2008, 01:13:02 PM »

The reason it did not work is that the Suns could not score effectively in a half court set.  Run and gun could work in the playoffs but not for every game and not for 48 minutes of a game.  The Lakers were able to do it because they had three players who could play in the paint, Magic/Worthy/Kareem, and two of them, Magic/Worthy, could play both styles effectively.  Only Amare could play both ways on the Suns.  Now they have Shaq who can play in the paint but he's past his prime and can't run the court.  Also you have to be able to play some defense, the Showtime Lakers could D up ok and could trap very well when they needed to, they also could hang tough on the boards.  Not to mention the Showtime Lakers preferred the half court set after they beat Boston in 87.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jemagee

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2008, 01:15:04 PM »
The Suns also have a new coach running a new system - they've moved away from the d'antoni system.

I HOPE Lebron doesn't sign with New York - in fact I hope new york strikes out in 2010 and is stuck with having to 'settle' for melo at best

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2008, 01:33:45 PM »
How long did it take you to make that work?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2008, 01:47:13 PM »
How long did it take you to make that work?

I saw it on some ESPN blog under "Crazy Knicks Fan Fantasy".
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"