Author Topic: Do you agree with Barkley??  (Read 11568 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Do you agree with Barkley??
« on: November 29, 2008, 11:55:32 AM »
What is everyones take on the Barkley comments in regards to Lebron James and the New York Knick talk?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

Re: Do you agree with Barkley??
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 12:00:09 PM »
I agree with Lebron - Barkley's an idiot

But I've thought that for a long while

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 12:02:57 PM »
I agree with Lebron - Barkley's an idiot

But I've thought that for a long while

Why do you think he's an idiot?

I sort of agree with what he's saying.  Too bad his delivery was horrible as usual.

jemagee

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 12:18:03 PM »
Oh Barkley's been an idiot for years, and that's why he has a job...his idiocy.

As for the Lebron comments, dudes in a no win situation with this whole 2010 thing, if he ignores it or acknowledges it - does barkley think he should lie and say he wouldn't ever leave cleveland or think about it...come on chuck, then he gets screwed the other way....lebron james is gonna make a lot of money either way but he's screwed for a while, PR wise, in one city or another.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 02:08:36 PM »
I dont see how ignoring it would hurt him though?  Lebron could not only ignore the questions but go around saying how horrible New York is for 2 years solid every time he is in public and it would not hurt his chances to go there.  Ditto for every single team in the league minus maybe Boston and LA right now.

jemagee

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 02:30:32 PM »
Yeah, that's a smart marketing move there - insult one of the biggest advertising markets in the United States every chance you can get - that's an excellent idea

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 02:33:21 PM »
Yeah, that's a smart marketing move there - insult one of the biggest advertising markets in the United States every chance you can get - that's an excellent idea

Obviously I wasn't being serious but Lebron is that big.  He could insult New York for years and if he said 'Yea I want to be a Knick' all would be forgotten. 

Seriously if he took a crap on a nike on youtube do you think Nike would drop the biggest name worldwide in basketball?  I don't.  Even if I am joking.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 02:35:57 PM »

Obviously I wasn't being serious but Lebron is that big.  He could insult New York for years and if he said 'Yea I want to be a Knick' all would be forgotten. 

Seriously if he took a crap on a nike on youtube do you think Nike would drop the biggest name worldwide in basketball?  I don't.  Even if I am joking.

What would happen if LeBron tried to rape a NY hotel worker?  Male or female...your choice....
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jemagee

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 02:36:41 PM »
What would happen if LeBron tried to rape a NY hotel worker?  Male or female...your choice....

Does Al sharpton get involved?

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2008, 02:38:01 PM »
The Chuckster is out of line here.  LeBron is in a no win situation here.   He has to say SOMETHING.  Personally I think refusing to comment at all would make things worse.  You know that the New York media (and others) would paint his silence as meaning he has already decided to leave Cleveland.  

Also, as others have pointed out, Barkley telling others too keep there mouth shut is really hypocritcal.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2008, 10:44:30 PM »

I agree with wk's premise.  LeBron could say he hates the Knicks and NY fans are morons, and come 2010, he'll still get the same offer from the Knicks as he would have if he kisses their ass for the next 1.5 years.

LeBron controls all the cards.  He doesn't have to pander to anyone.

I actually agree with Chuckster, although I agree with those who call it hypocritical.  Right now Cleveland's paying your salary.  Fans are paying your salary.  You owe it to them to at least pay lip service to wanting to stay in Cleveland.  As much as athletes not saying anything drives me nuts, this drives me nuts even more.

jemagee

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2008, 10:47:20 PM »
He owes it to Cleveland and the fans to be honest - and he's being honest...he's giving cleveland two years to convince him to stay - if he came out and even 'lied' about staying in cleveland then he gives the city and the franchise false hope - he hasn't said he's going to sign with New York - everyone just ASSUMES new york (though someone made an interesting point that if they get the cap room but can keep the pieces, Portland would be a much more likely multi-championship contender than NYK based on rosters right now) - all he's said truthfully is that he's going to opt out.

Has anyone asked Bosh or Wade about this publicly - what have they said - hell doesn't carmelo have an opt out for 10 also?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2008, 12:54:57 AM »
He owes it to Cleveland and the fans to be honest - and he's being honest...he's giving cleveland two years to convince him to stay - if he came out and even 'lied' about staying in cleveland then he gives the city and the franchise false hope - he hasn't said he's going to sign with New York - everyone just ASSUMES new york (though someone made an interesting point that if they get the cap room but can keep the pieces, Portland would be a much more likely multi-championship contender than NYK based on rosters right now) - all he's said truthfully is that he's going to opt out.

Has anyone asked Bosh or Wade about this publicly - what have they said - hell doesn't carmelo have an opt out for 10 also?

What about Amare?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2008, 01:46:20 AM »

The problem with that is in 2 years Cleveland would be able to go after another player.  Like a Chris Bosh......

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2008, 11:12:23 AM »

What about Amare?

Amare will be a FA also.  And there was an article on ESPN over the weekend about how he isn't happy with Shaq in Phoenix (surprise!).  He wants to be the man like Bosh, Melo, etc.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues