Author Topic: Did the NBA want to assure the Lakers got #2 seed?  (Read 4147 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Did the NBA want to assure the Lakers got #2 seed?
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2004, 04:36:18 PM »
I thought the same thing on the Theo play, Shaq blew it.

I guess that kinda makes up for all the BS that went the Spurs way last game, no way the Spurs win that game against the Lakers without the dozen or so gifts awarded by the refs to the Spurs.
somebody call the WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-mbulance for Wow.  you still upset over that game?  gues more trips to the free throw line wasnt good enough for you.  lol

anyway, what was up with LA having to go 2 OVERTIMES AGAINST PORTLAND!!!!!?

:lol:  :lol:
I guess we need a special font for the slow learners around here.

In all honesty I wouldn't think it necesary to dumb down or explain THESE types of posts to people around here.  Just open up your eyes to the "real" world and you'll get the point of these types of posts when they come from me.

Don't make me spell it out in crayon for you dumbarse Texass fans or for the dumbed down pot head fan up in Portland.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline kenneth

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2004, 06:30:38 PM »
It's just not the same beating Portland in a nail biter without Blazermania around.
Ziggy is just to nice of a guy and NO ONE gives anguish after a Laker win like Blazermania  :lol:

Ziggy I saw plenty of calls the Lakers got screwed on but I have long since given up attempting to figure out NBA officials.  As for helping the Lakers; where was David and his goon squad last year for game one aganist the spurs? talk about setting the tone.

If it's fixed.... why do we watch? Because I hate the WWF.

Bottom line is there is no consistency because 95%, maybe more of the NBA officials STINK! and at any given moment in any given game they could decide the game out of pure ignorance or wanting thier 2 minutes of fame. Thats why I long for the old days of only two NBA officials.  Please!!! less calls, allow them to play. I don't pay big bucks to watch Shaquille or Tim Duncan sitting on the bench at a game. I want the players to decide the game either way.  Way to many free throws and to many games decided by the refs.

Blame? Blame Ruben for missing two free throws that could have iced the game or the Blazers not taking advantage of Shaq fouling out. Blazers were at home, had their chances but Kobe simply would not allow the lakers to lose that game.

Oh for laughs read this guys post from ESPN.  Chris cracks me up yearly with his Laker hate and pain. Hey maybe this IS Blaze???????????????????????

http://boards.espn.go.com/cgi/nba/request....a_por&id=287248
« Last Edit: April 16, 2004, 06:49:43 PM by kenneth »

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2004, 06:53:41 PM »
I don't buy the conspiracy theories, but they sure do get good threads going.
Ahh speaking of Blaze, just like he used to say, throw that little string out and watch the cats pounce.  And to quote myself "I don't buy the conspiracy theories, but they sure do get good threads going."

I am with Kenneth, the officating sucks in general.  Of course none of them suck as bad a Stew Jackson.  As for the rest of you crazy fricking laker fans, I have posted here lots and lots of times when Shaq was hammered over and over with no calls being made.  I have posted when other teams got away with "IT" against the Lakers.  I don't only see the bad calls against "FOR" the Lakers, and I have posted as such.  My conscience is clean, how about yours?
Now WayOutWest and Kenneth have called it without using their Purple and Gold Filters, now and in the past, what about the rest of you?
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Guest_Randy

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2004, 09:04:31 PM »
I don't buy the conspiracy theories, but they sure do get good threads going.
Ahh speaking of Blaze, just like he used to say, throw that little string out and watch the cats pounce.  And to quote myself "I don't buy the conspiracy theories, but they sure do get good threads going."

I am with Kenneth, the officating sucks in general.  Of course none of them suck as bad a Stew Jackson.  As for the rest of you crazy fricking laker fans, I have posted here lots and lots of times when Shaq was hammered over and over with no calls being made.  I have posted when other teams got away with "IT" against the Lakers.  I don't only see the bad calls against "FOR" the Lakers, and I have posted as such.  My conscience is clean, how about yours?
Now WayOutWest and Kenneth have called it without using their Purple and Gold Filters, now and in the past, what about the rest of you?
Ziggy, I'm not sure what you want from the "rest" of us but I did find it interesting that you complained about a few calls and yet seem to miss the fact that IF the refs had called the obvious foul on Patterson at the end of regulation, the Lakers wouldn't have needed any OT's.  Did I say that the Lakers didn't get any calls?  I can tell you that Kobe will always get benefits -- right along with every other superstar in the league.  Shaq gets some benefits but he gets hammered just about every time down the floor (and then he plays physically himself) so Shaq makes it pretty difficult to call fouls by the officials.  Malone is going to get benefits -- he is a very crafty (and dirty) player.  I haven't seen GP getting a lot of benefit of calls -- could be his mouth gets him in trouble.  

The Lakers shouldn't have needed heroics to beat the Blazers -- it's a shame that they did although it was great to watch Kobe play like that.  I imagine Reality had a difficult time watching that night.