Author Topic: OT: LittleBigPlanet  (Read 2760 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
OT: LittleBigPlanet
« on: November 09, 2008, 08:40:22 PM »
This is the MUST HAVE game of the next generation consoles.  Think of the old Mario and Sonic The Hedgehog games with real life physics and much more high definition interactive levels.  If you guys have the PS3 or know someone who does this is a game every owner should have.

X3 and I just got done playing online and that takes the game from awesome to instant classic right away.  We played about 10 custom build levels from other players who own the game.  Some were short and basic.  Others very detailed and fun.  This part adds so much depth to the game as not only will there be an endless amount of games to play online but you can also create your own levels to share with the entire playstation network.

X3 what did you think?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: OT: LittleBigPlanet
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 10:02:46 PM »
I was going to buy Gears of War 2 on Thursday but did not because I really do not have any games that I play on the PS3 and really wanted to get something worth playing.  I was already interested in this game so I decided to buy LBP.  I was impressed from the start, the story is only a small part of the game, learning to build your levels can really open this game up.  This game is worth the money and worth the time playing.  It's a very nice break from all the FPS and RTS games today, and if you have kids they are going to love this game as well.  My kids are already starting to build their own levels and it's nice to see them putting their imagination to work with this fun game.  Scale of 1 to 10, 1 being horrible and 10 total fun, this is easily a 10.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 11:43:17 PM »
Playing online was real fun but we both need a headset.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 09:58:03 AM »
Playing online was real fun but we both need a headset.

no joke.  I need to find out which blue tooth headset works best for PS3.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 10:42:02 AM »
I am thinking about buying a PS3 for XMas since the HD-DVD wars went BluRay.  An average BluRay player is about 169 to 189 so a PS3 console is just a small addition in cost.  LBP was the second game I was blow away by when I saw it, since then the first game that blew me away on PS3 has a similar game on XBox 360 so I've yet to see any reason to buy the PS3 for it's games.  With Dark Knight and Iron Man on BluRay I might just make the leap this year, I'll have to rebuy some of my movies AGAIN, which sucks.

I can't get me kids off of Spores, that game is amazing, I thought I was the shiznit when I mastered Age of Empires but this game starts at the single-celled-organism level and gets upto Planetary Empire Building before you even consider playing on-line.  LBP will probably be the first game I buy if I get the PS3, I saw a demo of it last summer and was blown away, really cool looking game.  Also looking forward to Halo Wars and Halo Recon.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 11:10:46 AM »
I am thinking about buying a PS3 for XMas since the HD-DVD wars went BluRay.  An average BluRay player is about 169 to 189 so a PS3 console is just a small addition in cost.  LBP was the second game I was blow away by when I saw it, since then the first game that blew me away on PS3 has a similar game on XBox 360 so I've yet to see any reason to buy the PS3 for it's games.  With Dark Knight and Iron Man on BluRay I might just make the leap this year, I'll have to rebuy some of my movies AGAIN, which sucks.

I can't get me kids off of Spores, that game is amazing, I thought I was the shiznit when I mastered Age of Empires but this game starts at the single-celled-organism level and gets upto Planetary Empire Building before you even consider playing on-line.  LBP will probably be the first game I buy if I get the PS3, I saw a demo of it last summer and was blown away, really cool looking game.  Also looking forward to Halo Wars and Halo Recon.

If you were looking for that one game to justify the extra price on top of that blu ray player this is the one.  This is a family game, a solo game, a fun online game, and a game to really get creative with all in the same.  So I think you would enjoy to play it and at the same time enjoy playing it with the little ones.  Plus you can play up to 4 players online so all 3 of us could jump into a game.  Had the Laker game not been coming on and my stomach rumbling I probably would have stayed online to beat a few more levels with X3.  I think we played maybe an hour solid once we both realized we had the game.

Gears of War 2 looks AWESOME.  Played a demo of it at the store when I went to go buy LittleBigPlanet yesterday and it seemed really cool.  I never got to play the first Gears of War so it was a brand new experience.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 11:14:50 AM by westkoast »

jemagee

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 11:16:14 AM »
Be careful how creative you are though, LBP is getting a lot of bad press due to the fact that any user created level that even smells like it might be someone elses IP is being taken down - hell PS3 themed levels are being taken down.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 12:16:35 PM »

metal gear solid 4 and LBP make getting a ps3 worth it.  I am thinking about getting mirrors edge this week, but may wait since LBP will seem to keep me busy for a while.

jemagee

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 12:17:44 PM »
Any opinions on mirrors edge would be greatly appreciated - thinking of getting that and gears 2 this year for the X360 unit I have.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 12:24:05 PM »
Any opinions on mirrors edge would be greatly appreciated - thinking of getting that and gears 2 this year for the X360 unit I have.

I am going to download the demo tonight and ill let you know.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2008, 01:48:14 PM »

Graphics do look better on ps3 for mirrors edge, I downloaded the demo onto both consoles, if I buy it, it will be for PS3.

jemagee

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2008, 01:53:43 PM »
I only own one console - more worried about the game play and if it's an actual game play - i don't play that often so i like to make sure i purchase good games - long games are better too :)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2008, 02:53:18 PM »
I only own one console - more worried about the game play and if it's an actual game play - i don't play that often so i like to make sure i purchase good games - long games are better too :)

Well, Mirrors edge does seem to be a bit different from most other first person games.  I think it will be worth the money.

download the demo for this game on xbox live market place.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2008, 11:35:02 AM »
Word on the e-streets is Mirror's Edge is VERY short.  Some people are saying they can beat it in less than 7 hours....

jemagee

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2008, 11:45:55 AM »
Word on the e-streets is Mirror's Edge is VERY short.  Some people are saying they can beat it in less than 7 hours....

There's supposedly some very cool 'online' stuff that extend the game - like someone maps out a specfic run and you can see their footprints and you try to match it identically - but faster.

Probably some DLC and a sequel or such - that way they can try and maximizes the moneys :)