Author Topic: NBA Finals preview tonight. Rockets vs Celtics  (Read 3925 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: NBA Finals preview tonight. Rockets vs Celtics
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2008, 10:30:06 AM »
I'm with X3 on this one.  How can one talk about the Rockets as a Finals team when there two best offensive threats can't stay healthy?   Plus one of them, Yao pushed his already fragile body even harder than usual by playing in the Olympics?  That's not even factoring in that they have one of the most combustible players in the history of the league. 

Like I said; "on paper".  Jem pointed out the 3 big risk factors and I understand BUT if they are going to do it, it's going to be this year.  The Lakers are ripe for a let down.

Time for you to move to Arizona or Texass pinche joto.

Houston is ripe for a big let down due to injury.  Lakers will be fine.  They already look better on the defensive end than they did last year.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 10:32:30 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2008, 10:40:42 AM »
herefore Houston sucks, they have no chance?  Please.   

Seriously, do you know how to read and comprehend what people say?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2008, 10:43:45 AM »
Like I said; "on paper".  Jem pointed out the 3 big risk factors and I understand BUT if they are going to do it, it's going to be this year.  The Lakers are ripe for a let down.

Why?

And what about the Jazz?

The Hornets?

These are teams the rockets aren't better than in my opinion, even if they stay healthy...not enough depth.

And when the spurs get manu back they might be a threat as well.

Picking Houston was the sexy pick after the rockets obtained artest but never seemed to make sense - much like calling the sixers the favorite in the east just because they signed brand.  Neither big name acquisition dealt with most of the major issues on either team.

Because while the Jazz and Lakers may have more talent, the Rockets have a better balance of defensive/offensive talent.  The Rockets can play defense better than anyone with the exception of the Celtics and Spurs.  They have two defensive aces in Shane and RonRon to go at Kobe, they are going to make someone other than Kobe beat them and that's going to be tough for the Lakers to do.  IMO the Jazz are NOT even CLOSE to being tough enough to handle the Rockets, the Lakers were able to get 2nd chance points, despite not defensive rebounding very well, so I can only imagine the pounding the Rockets are going to put on them.  Hornets IMO are not ready to take it to the next level, they are still on solid player away from being a contender.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2008, 10:47:44 AM »
I'm with X3 on this one.  How can one talk about the Rockets as a Finals team when there two best offensive threats can't stay healthy?   Plus one of them, Yao pushed his already fragile body even harder than usual by playing in the Olympics?  That's not even factoring in that they have one of the most combustible players in the history of the league. 

Time for you to move to Arizona or Texass pinche joto.

Houston is ripe for a big let down due to injury.  Lakers will be fine.  They already look better on the defensive end than they did last year.

Arizona?  Time for you to quit the Reality school of B-Ball discussion.  Seems like the Lakers are a lock for a title with the return of Ariza and Bynum.  That worries me, things are too good to be true in LaLa Land.  Kobe didn't get the surgery on his finger and I'm a bit concerned about that and about the health of the Lakers.  People tend to forget how well the Lakers have done over the last TWO years before they get their mid-season injury decimation.  Doesnt' sound like you watch much non-Lakers b-ball, Houston ALWAYS has injury let downs so I think this could be the year they get through a whole year with no MAJOR injuries.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2008, 11:08:30 AM »

Arizona?

Yes, it's similar to the lay out of parts of Mexico and plenty of your brown brethern live there.

Doesnt' sound like you watch much non-Lakers b-ball, Houston ALWAYS has injury let downs so I think this could be the year they get through a whole year with no MAJOR injuries.

I watch plenty of non-lakers bball.  This doesn't even make sense, talk about being Reality-esque.  What does that even have to do with anything?  How is that relevant either way LOL  If they get hurt every single year over the past 4 chances are it will happen AGAIN.  They are going to have a big let down due to injury like I said.  Just because they always have injuries doesn't mean they can't be let down by it.  Think buddy.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 11:10:25 AM by westkoast »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2008, 11:14:27 AM »
I watch plenty of non-lakers bball.  This doesn't even make sense, talk about being Reality-esque.  What does that even have to do with anything?  How is that relevant either way LOL  If they get hurt every single year over the past 4 chances are it will happen AGAIN.  They are going to have a big let down due to injury like I said.  Just because they always have injuries doesn't mean they can't be let down by it.  Think buddy.

Please tell me you are joking.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2008, 11:17:28 AM »

Please tell me you are joking.

No I am not joking.  Your reason for you saying they wont have a let down doesn't make sense.  Maybe if does in your cabaza but not to anyone else.  There is high expectations for them this year with the addition of Ron Artest and Yao coming back from injury.

Btw..you dont have to watch every single NBA game to know they have injuries each year.  Again, irrelevant.  Last year they had a huge let down even though the previous 3 they had injuries to key players.

jemagee

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2008, 11:18:17 AM »
Please tell me you are joking if you think the inability of Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady to make it through a season healthy, year after year, isn't relevant to determining the Rockets chances of making the NBA finals...(having never won a playoff series between them).  Of course it's relevant, it hasn't been one year, and it hasn't been fluke injuries, McGrady and Yao missing games due to injury in a season is as likely as Stefan Marbury saying something stupid

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2008, 11:20:52 AM »
Please tell me you are joking if you think the inability of Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady to make it through a season healthy, year after year, isn't relevant to determining the Rockets chances of making the NBA finals...(having never won a playoff series between them).  Of course it's relevant, it hasn't been one year, and it hasn't been fluke injuries, McGrady and Yao missing games due to injury in a season is as likely as Stefan Marbury saying something stupid

We are not talking about that.   We are talking about the 'let down' factor here.  Whether I watch every single NBA basketball game in the course of the season or whether I watch ONLY Laker home games is irrelevant to talking about the 'let down' factor for The Rockets.  That is what the relevance remark was for.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 11:22:54 AM by westkoast »

jemagee

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2008, 11:22:40 AM »
Is the let down factor the one that prevents the rockets from getting out of the first round, year after year after year after year in the tracy mcgrady/yao ming era?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2008, 11:23:26 AM »
Is the let down factor the one that prevents the rockets from getting out of the first round, year after year after year after year in the tracy mcgrady/yao ming era?

I am saying the Rockets are going to have a let down due to injury.  WOW says they won't have a let down due to injury because they are always injured.  I disagree.  Especially considering the addition of Ron Artest.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2008, 11:24:53 AM »
No I am not joking.  Your reason for you saying they wont have a let down doesn't make sense.  Maybe if does in your cabaza but not to anyone else.  There is high expectations for them this year with the addition of Ron Artest and Yao coming back from injury.

Btw..you dont have to watch every single NBA game to know they have injuries each year.  Again, irrelevant.  Last year they had a huge let down even though the previous 3 they had injuries to key players.

Ok wk, I will explain it to you.  I am not saying that injuries are not a major factor with the Rockets, in fact I've stated that myself.  I am commenting on your "ripe" comment.  Using ripe implies it was not ready, "ripe", before.  The fact is the Rockets have had injuries that derailed them over and over again, so their non-ripe state is injured, their ripe state is not injured.  The Lakers had a good run last year, they are looking awesome right now, the reason I use "ripe" is because the Lakers have not lost Kobe for a significant amount of time, so they are now "ripe" because their non-ripe state is a healthy Kobe, their ripe state is Kobe injured.

"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2008, 11:25:24 AM »
Ah, a semantic argument then?

I figured the point was that the rockets tend to get injured and tend not to get out of the first round - whether that's a 'let down' or not it surely seems like an inevitability to me...much like artest combusting.

Artest is like TO - everything is good when he gets what he wants (not when they are winning, but when he gets what he wants) if artest feels he's not getting his fair share (whether the rockets are winning or losing) he'll make noise

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2008, 11:30:10 AM »
Ah, a semantic argument then?

I figured the point was that the rockets tend to get injured and tend not to get out of the first round - whether that's a 'let down' or not it surely seems like an inevitability to me...much like artest combusting.

Artest is like TO - everything is good when he gets what he wants (not when they are winning, but when he gets what he wants) if artest feels he's not getting his fair share (whether the rockets are winning or losing) he'll make noise
People and things do change jem. 
Look at Kobe.  After being Shaqs sidekick in a successful way for a couple seasons, Kobe lost Shaq and became a .500 stif who couldn't even make the playoffs most years and could only watch as GNob and Co racked up titles.
Collusion 2008 took place, the Lakers added Gasol and now Kobe not only makes the playoffs but he gets out of the 1st round.

Artest and Houston might not make the Finals, but they might.  Lets give him a chance.  I don't like what i saw last night either with Artest horking up so many shots.  But Adleman might be able to get thru to him.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 11:31:43 AM by Reality »

jemagee

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2008, 11:31:24 AM »
Hmmm...sounds a lot like the TO to dallas arguments....