Author Topic: Hulu.com  (Read 3007 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Hulu.com
« on: November 03, 2008, 01:26:09 PM »
site for tv shows, some movies.
Anyone utilized it?  Got a take?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hulu.com
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 01:29:47 PM »
I watch things on Hulu all the time.  In fact it is slowly starting to take over my TV time when I run out of things on the TiVO.

Love the site, love the quality, love the ease of use, and I love the fact you only see 3 short commercials.  FINALLY some of the big networks got their heads out of their rear ends to put this together.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 01:31:14 PM »
Many networks have 'episode viewers' on their web sites and have for a while now - with limited commercial interruptions - NBC was the slowest responder - ABC puts tons of stuff up there

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 01:35:03 PM »
Many networks have 'episode viewers' on their web sites and have for a while now - with limited commercial interruptions - NBC was the slowest responder - ABC puts tons of stuff up there

Hulu is a partnership between multiple networks and the site is updated much more often then those sites were.

I am lazy, I like as many things on the Internet to be in one place as I can get em.

jemagee

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 01:37:44 PM »
The ABC site was updated pretty consistently with new shows - i used to put them on as background noise at work

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 03:16:48 PM »
The ABC site was updated pretty consistently with new shows - i used to put them on as background noise at work

Is there any more room in ABC's arse jemagee? Cuz I'd like to crawl up in there too.  ::)
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

jemagee

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 03:22:52 PM »

Is there any more room in ABC's arse jemagee? Cuz I'd like to crawl up in there too.  ::)

Man - how do you sit with that pole so far up yours?

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 03:25:29 PM »

It is all too clear who's got the "pole" problem. I WAS JOKING (and quite well I should say).  ::)

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

jemagee

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 03:29:03 PM »

It is all too clear who's got the "pole" problem. I WAS JOKING (and quite well I should say).  ::)

Oh I know you were trying to make a joke, but as reality always does, i felt you failed miserably, that pole most likely the problem (don't feel bad, it's a common malady of many posters here, you all had your humorectomy's early in life)

jemagee

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 03:30:50 PM »
Not entirely true actually - whoever 'archangel' is made a very funny trade proposal to me this weekend involving my 'glut' of SF/PF and need for SG - but took away one of my shooting guards at the same time - and tried to steal andrei kirilenko from me....it was funny

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 04:22:25 PM »
Hulu is a good site, and it is run by NBC and Fox I think.  great quality, and has some decent movies to watch every once in a while.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 05:48:04 PM »
Hulu rules. ABC drools.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2008, 02:50:14 AM »
Jem do you want me to start ghost writing replies back for you until you get the hang of what we've all pigeon hole'd ourselves as?  For example I am 12 years old, live with my parents, and attend 8th grade in Orange County CA.  Clearly Ted cannot put anything up his backside, let a lone a stick from a talking bush,  with that goofy Mormon diaper on that he wears to the temple to get in the way.

Hulu is Fox (and stations like FX), NBC, Comedy Central and I believe one of the major movie studios.  They slowly have added more and more networks/stations. 
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 02:53:07 AM by westkoast »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2008, 09:41:07 AM »
...(don't feel bad, it's a common malady of many posters here, you all had your humorectomy's early in life)

The irony is too think, I can't see a thing....  :D
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jemagee

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2008, 09:44:41 AM »
...(don't feel bad, it's a common malady of many posters here, you all had your humorectomy's early in life)

The irony is too think, I can't see a thing....  :D

I know...thinking is hard isn't it?