Author Topic: Spurs to provide after game bands 3 nites per week  (Read 5317 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs to provide after game bands 3 nites per week
« on: October 25, 2008, 02:42:30 AM »
Spurs to provide OT entertainment
G. Chambers Williams

The San Antonio Spurs have scheduled more overtime this season with hopes of winning over new fans.

In a promotion with Bud Light, the Spurs will bring a band to a new AT&T Center stage for two hours of entertainment after home games on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Fans with tickets to the games can attend the events, dubbed Overtime, for free.

The first Overtime event will be after the Nov. 7 Spurs game against the Miami Heat, and additional Overtime parties will be held each Friday in November.

Seventeen bands have been lined up to participate in the events through April 10. Drink specials also will be included in the entertainment. The team will list the bands playing each month on its Web site, www.spurs.com.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Spurs to provide after game bands 3 nites per week
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 10:59:02 AM »
If it wasn't boring enough going to a Spurs game they want to torture you with post game music from the likes of Billy Ray Cyrus,  Toby Keith, and Garth Brooks?

Now that I think about it a bit longer I guess this is a good idea.  If they turn the speakers up loud enough it may wake people up after having to endure a 67 to 65 Spurs victory.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 11:36:52 AM »
Laker fan visitors have been besieging the Spurs front office with requests for Lance Bass and Clay Aiken.
Sorry westkoast, they will not be appearing.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 12:52:05 PM »
wk,

It's cheaper and more efficient to wake up Spurs fans with a loud band in the middle of the court vs having an usher tap all 15 thousand of them on the shoulder to wake them up and send them home.  :D
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 12:53:32 PM »
Laker fan visitors have been besieging the Spurs front office with requests for Lance Bass and Clay Aiken.

That's strange.  You are the only Laker fan I know who attends (or claims to attend) Spurs home games.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 01:00:47 PM by westkoast »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 03:36:09 PM »

That's strange.  You are the only Laker fan I know who attends (or claims to attend) Spurs home games.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 02:04:28 PM »
Friday, November 7 // Metal Shop // Spurs vs. Miami Heat
Friday, November 14 // Drive // Spurs vs. Houston
Friday, November 21 // Dog Men Poets // Spurs vs. Utah
Friday, November 28 // Chris Boss and the Fuss // Spurs vs. Memphis

two hours of this????

no thanks...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

jemagee

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 02:05:18 PM »
Exactly, by the end of the spurs game your eyes are already bleeding right, so who wants ears to bleed as well

:)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 05:03:51 PM »
Exactly, by the end of the spurs game your eyes are already bleeding right, so who wants ears to bleed as well

My eyes have not bled in a long time from watching my team, and they are still considered a contender even after taking on a bunch of scrubs.  If you consider always being a contender, and winning 4 nba titles in recent nba history you should be so lucky to have your eyes "bleed" the way the Spurs faithful have over the past few years.   ;)
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 05:15:33 PM »

My eyes have not bled in a long time from watching my team, and they are still considered a contender even after taking on a bunch of scrubs.  If you consider always being a contender, and winning 4 nba titles in recent nba history you should be so lucky to have your eyes "bleed" the way the Spurs faithful have over the past few years.   ;)

Not everyone is a Spurs fan, we don't get to hear about all the ins and outs of that organization.  Most of what we know about the Spurs is what is reported in the media.  You have to admit with high profile players like DRob, TD, Avery and Elliot stuff is going to get out.  You know, stuff like smoking pot, banging/raping hotel workers, snatching up your wife at the point of a gun and....oh...wait.......
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 05:26:40 PM »

Not everyone is a Spurs fan, we don't get to hear about all the ins and outs of that organization.  Most of what we know about the Spurs is what is reported in the media.  You have to admit with high profile players like DRob, TD, Avery and Elliot stuff is going to get out.  You know, stuff like smoking pot, banging/raping hotel workers, snatching up your wife at the point of a gun and....oh...wait.......

They'd probably get a better response if Tim Duncan took bong tokes at center court after each game then putting on mullet wearing guns n roses cover bands like Chris Boss and The Fuss.

jemagee

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2008, 05:57:34 PM »
While spurs3x seems to lack any sense of humor about his team maybe he could acknowledge that the spurs play some of the ugliest most boring basketball in the league

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2008, 06:54:27 PM »
While spurs3x seems to lack any sense of humor about his team maybe he could acknowledge that the spurs play some of the ugliest most boring basketball in the league

No, Ed Najera [sp?]  plays the ugliest basketball in the league....  I know you were playing.  I am just gettign psyched up for the season, bad bands, scrubs on the bench, i have to hype myself up - this is going to be a tough year.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2008, 08:00:24 PM »
No, Ed Najera [sp?]  plays the ugliest basketball in the league....

YOU STINKING RACISTS!  >:(
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2008, 08:20:20 PM »
Xs3 if westkoast, Clay Aiken and possibly also WoW show up at a Spurs F S or Sun home game, will it result in another dragging death?
And is the only way the chain gang gets convicted is if W is out of office and McPain and Phallin as expected lose to Obama?
Because you know Dubbya and Phallin would make sure and pardon any conviction.

westkoast please, if you are on one of your trips to Austin and you and Clay are considering attending a Spurs aftergame music session, please do NOT show up in Spurs gear.

http://www.cnn.com/US/9902/22/dragging.death.03/