Author Topic: Is it real or is it fake?  (Read 6891 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: Is it real or is it fake?
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2008, 06:47:49 PM »

We'll either have a radical Muslim president

OMG!!! Ted, who? There is a chance we might get a Muslim president? Who is it going to be. Please, tell us so we can prepare!!

P.S. Skandy, what do you mean about the book burning reference. Did she do that too?!?  :-\

If Skandery does not get back to you, she didn't, but is on record asking her town's librarian if she would be willing to burn certain books, if asked to do so. Supposedly it was some kind of quacky loyalty test on Palin's part.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

jemagee

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2008, 07:00:32 PM »
McCain the reformer - that myth just won't die like McCain the maverick?

Of course people believe him when he says he didn't know what he was doing when he tried to influence those banking agencies in the infamous keating 5 scandal as well don't they - they believe a senator was that ignorant when he was breaking laws - and want him to be president - that scares me on so many levels

Yes, Barack Obama is a radical muslim who consorts with terrorists, haven't you read the republican propaganda playbook?  THe same one that says McCain is a maverick, knows something about fiscal policy

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2008, 07:45:41 PM »
Yes, Barack Obama is a radical muslim who consorts with terrorists, haven't you read the republican propaganda playbook?  THe same one that says McCain is a maverick, knows something about fiscal policy

Dabods, I would like to make a formal request for a sizing option on emoticons. Is there a way we can create a "wink" emoticon somewhere in the 72 to 100 pt size range?  ::)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 08:02:15 PM by Ted »
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2008, 07:53:09 PM »
If Skandery does not get back to you, she didn't, but is on record asking her town's librarian if she would be willing to burn certain books, if asked to do so. Supposedly it was some kind of quacky loyalty test on Palin's part.

Just had to look that one up. You're close JoMal.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/palin/bannedbooks.asp

Here's my question: Why would a mayor need a city librarian's full support?

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2008, 08:12:40 PM »

Because she is a NUT!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jemagee

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2008, 09:08:07 PM »
McCain REALLY courting the woman vote desperately isn't he...Meg Whitman as Treasury secretary?

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2008, 10:22:04 PM »
McCain REALLY courting the woman vote desperately isn't he...Meg Whitman as Treasury secretary?

Wait a minute . . . that name . . . for some reason I associate it with the words CLUSTER FOXTROT. Is there a reason for it?

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2008, 07:01:17 AM »
Yeah, sorry Lurker.  I was actually joking to support what you said.

Sorry, jn.  I was reading in a rush at work and became very dense.  Sometimes humor can get lost in the printed word...even more so when the brain is fried.

;)
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2008, 07:06:19 AM »

My primary question: would the replacement librarian have removed the "hypothetical" books?  And why would any elected official ask about removing books?  Even hypothetically?
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2008, 08:30:02 AM »

My primary question: would the replacement librarian have removed the "hypothetical" books?  And why would any elected official ask about removing books?  Even hypothetically?

Because she is a NUT!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jemagee

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2008, 08:33:47 AM »

Wait a minute . . . that name . . . for some reason I associate it with the words CLUSTER FOXTROT. Is there a reason for it?

All I know is that she was/is the CEO of Ebay

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2008, 09:34:33 AM »

It's in that story. Something about a patron supposedly asking the mayor to remove some books, and the mayor asking the librarian the hypothetical question to "understand how such disputes were handled."

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2008, 09:39:16 AM »
Ted I'll defend anybody from unwarranted attacks, including Sarah Palin.  I don't think she should be anywhere near the presidency but I've already come to her defense on some of the more ridiculous charges, such as claims of incest and having shot 100 wolves from an airplane in 1 day.  

I'll let you know the next time I vote Republican then you can go out and enjoy the beautiful blue moon.  ;D  To be honest there are times when I've found McCain very impressive.  However his choice of Palin has eliminated any possibilty of me voting for him.  

And thanks for picking up on the joke Skander.  

"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2008, 12:56:57 PM »
Dabods, I would like to make a formal request for a sizing option on emoticons. Is there a way we can create a "wink" emoticon somewhere in the 72 to 100 pt size range?

For the love of PETE!!!  This sets the record for the most jokes said in one thread that flew past the entire board's head.  TED WAS JOKING!!!  I realize my time constraints have really prevented me from posting too much on the board, but I didn't know there were going to be so many lost people without my guiding analysis.  Yep, if your were paying close attention, the sentence you just read.  JOKE!!!  The sarcastic form. 

P.S. Skandy, what do you mean about the book burning reference. Did she do that too?!?

The story you found on snopes is what I found out after I heard that charge leveled.  It was a bit blown out of proportion but even still . . .

Because she is a NUT!

Daggummit, STOP making me laugh while I'm surrounded my co-workers in a cube farm, WOW!! 

P.S.  I've come to the conclusion these two candidates are the most boring, lifeless, soul-less candidates we've ever had running for President.  I'd rather watch cardboard bio-degrade.  If they ever actually answer a question I'm going to have a heart-attack and die.  At this point I miss Bob Dole, and I'm sure Bob Dole would tell you that Bob Dole misses Bob Dole.
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2008, 01:03:47 PM »
Dabods, I would like to make a formal request for a sizing option on emoticons. Is there a way we can create a "wink" emoticon somewhere in the 72 to 100 pt size range?

For the love of PETE!!!  This sets the record for the most jokes said in one thread that flew past the entire board's head.  TED WAS JOKING!!!  I realize my time constraints have really prevented me from posting too much on the board, but I didn't know there were going to be so many lost people without my guiding analysis.  Yep, if your were paying close attention, the sentence you just read.  JOKE!!!  The sarcastic form. 

P.S. Skandy, what do you mean about the book burning reference. Did she do that too?!?

The story you found on snopes is what I found out after I heard that charge leveled.  It was a bit blown out of proportion but even still . . .

Because she is a NUT!

Daggummit, STOP making me laugh while I'm surrounded my co-workers in a cube farm, WOW!! 

P.S.  I've come to the conclusion these two candidates are the most boring, lifeless, soul-less candidates we've ever had running for President.  I'd rather watch cardboard bio-degrade.  If they ever actually answer a question I'm going to have a heart-attack and die.  At this point I miss Bob Dole, and I'm sure Bob Dole would tell you that Bob Dole misses Bob Dole.

Maybe your memory has faded from smoking hash out of your hookah but Bob Dole was a million times more boring then even John McCain is.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com