Author Topic: Is it real or is it fake?  (Read 6881 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Is it real or is it fake?
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2008, 04:26:10 PM »
HELP, I've been downsized by Palin!

Hmm so this is what she means by reducing the size of government?  She is just going to shrink the govt employees?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2008, 04:28:33 PM »
It's simple, I decided not to get involved in any discussions with you of any substance about two weeks ago...

Now that I CAN believe.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

jemagee

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2008, 04:28:53 PM »
Help, I've been downsized by Palin!

Just wait for nailin palin - that will probably help with the downsizing

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2008, 04:33:22 PM »
This has been around for over 2 weeks.  The pastor is from Jamaica (or another carribbean island) and performed the exorcism.  It has been verified by other witnesses.

More disturbing IMO is Palin's repeated calls for transparancy, openness and honestly followed by repeated stonewalling, obfuscation and outright lies.

I must have been on a desert island or something. I've heard nothing about it until now. A Jamaican pastor performing in exorcisms in Alaska. You just can't make this stuff up.

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2008, 04:44:38 PM »
As usual, the story is twisted around to make Palin look bad.   They make it sound like there was some guy from Jamaica who came in and started rambling about how he defeated a powerful witch in his home village in a spiritual battle then came to Alaska, exorcised the witchcraft from Palin and prayed that enemy demons would be defeated so she could become governor.

The FACT is he is from Kenya.

"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2008, 04:49:05 PM »
And I think that the Love video where he makes the full court shot is real.  Not sure about the other one.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2008, 04:57:18 PM »
As usual, the story is twisted around to make Palin look bad.   They make it sound like there was some guy from Jamaica who came in and started rambling about how he defeated a powerful witch in his home village in a spiritual battle then came to Alaska, exorcised the witchcraft from Palin and prayed that enemy demons would be defeated so she could become governor.

The FACT is he is from Kenya.

So I got the country wrong...but the exorcism on Palin is real.  The act took place which was the follow up question.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2008, 05:05:44 PM »
Yeah, sorry Lurker.  I was actually joking to support what you said.

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2008, 05:23:10 PM »
Yeah, sorry Lurker.  I was actually joking to support what you said.

JN, your post freaked me out, too. First Kenyan pastors exorcizing witchcraft from an Republican Alaskan gubernatorial candidate, and now JN posting in that Republican's defense. "Dogs and cat's living together . . . MASS HYSTERIA!"

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2008, 05:29:09 PM »
Man, Lurk, even I got jn's joke thick as I am.  Now jemagee's was sleazy, but hilarious.  

In the meantime, I'll just channel Matt Damon:

I have to know if she thinks we lived with dinosaurs.  I have to know that.  Its important for me to know whether my Vice President thinks we lived with dinosaurs.  Does she think we lived with dinosaurs?  Sheesh, burning books, living with dinosaurs.  Can't have it??  

========================

I'm asking a serious question here.  Ted, honestly, I'm being serious here.  Taking away the odd, milfish attractiveness, and the folksy slogans.  Is Sarah Palin the most dangerously, non-sensical person we've ever had running for 1 of the top 2 offices in the country.  Seriously!!  At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if she presides over rituals that have her pregnant teenage daughter handle snakes to rid the unborn child's soul of the devil's fear.  I mean seriously!!
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2008, 05:43:43 PM »
What is most frightening is that her small-town, folksy, soccer-mom, I-just-shoot-moose-from-my-back-porch-as-an-excuse-to-keeping-an-eye-on-the-Russkies persona is so far removed from the type of intellect you look for in a VP candidate, it absolutely petrifies me we are actually considering her qualifications for that job at all.

I fully blame McCain for this incredible stupidity. He could have made a much, much better choice. His decision-making comes into full play for it because he clearly chose her in a knee-jerk, "gotcha" reaction to Hillary's losing to Obama in the Demo primary and he thought it would play better with housewifes in Peoria. 
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

jemagee

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2008, 05:48:40 PM »
Intelligence/intellect is no longer considered a commodity or strength in national politics.  It 'turns off' the average American.  Clinton was folksy, but he was fracking brilliant.  Bush is folksy, and not very bright.  It's the de-volution of the politician as a leader and intellect to someone that the average voter would 'like to have a beer with'.

I've said it before, I'll probably say it again, the days of the best and the brightest are dead and gone, Josiah Bartlet wouldn't get elected, but Bingo Bob would.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2008, 05:52:25 PM »
This is, unfortunately, very true. But in Palin's case, she would not come across as a qualified first lady for any candidate, and even a liability, but at some point you have to consider what this person would be able to do if president, and my thinking is she would sink the country totally.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2008, 05:53:53 PM »
What is most frightening is that her small-town, folksy, soccer-mom, I-just-shoot-moose-from-my-back-porch-as-an-excuse-to-keeping-an-eye-on-the-Russkies persona is so far removed from the type of intellect you look for in a VP candidate, it absolutely petrifies me we are actually considering her qualifications for that job at all.

I fully blame McCain for this incredible stupidity. He could have made a much, much better choice. His decision-making comes into full play for it because he clearly chose her in a knee-jerk, "gotcha" reaction to Hillary's losing to Obama in the Demo primary and he thought it would play better with housewifes in Peoria. 

You didn't know?  If your IQ cracks 100 you are an elitist.  If you rather have a bottle of wine with a nice dinner then some steak with Johnny Six Pack then you're not an American.  REAL Americans shoot animals, drink beer, and come from small towns.  If you even think of going off course you are not an American.  Just this past month I've learned that living in Southern California is not really what 'real' Americans do.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2008, 06:35:05 PM »
I'm asking a serious question here.  Ted, honestly, I'm being serious here.  Taking away the odd, milfish attractiveness, and the folksy slogans.  Is Sarah Palin the most dangerously, non-sensical person we've ever had running for 1 of the top 2 offices in the country.  Seriously!!  At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if she presides over rituals that have her pregnant teenage daughter handle snakes to rid the unborn child's soul of the devil's fear.  I mean seriously!!

I'll give you an honest, if slightly embarrassing (for me), answer.

I've been operating from a position of relative ignorance lately. My knowledge of Palin pretty much began with what I read on wikipedia the day McCain picker her, and ended with her convention speech. I liked most of what I read about her, and I thought her speech was pretty tight. I knew about the public safety commissioner story, and her twisting of the Bridge to NoWhere story. And I knew about the God speech, and later, how it was originally taken out of context. I liked the way she took on some Republican fatties in Alaska, and I liked the way her family seemed pretty normal and not "too" perfect to be real. And since then, I just haven't had a lot of time to delve into the news.

Well, today, I obviously know more, and I'm led to two conclusions: 1. Palin is either cuckoo, pandering to religious cuckoos (and yes, I realize how unlikely this option is), or both; and 2. We are screwed. We'll either have a radical Muslim president who has never written or sponsored a piece of legislation ;), or a VP who may or may not speak in tongues when visiting with Dmitry Medvedev and Vladimir Putin.

Aside from the second topic of this thread, there was I time I would have voted for Senator McCain because I thought he had at least tried to be reformer who reached across the aisle. But candidate McCain is a different animal entirely.

Wouldn't it be funny if McCain ended up receiving a bump in the polls because he picked Palin AND because he dumped her?

P.S. Skandy, what do you mean about the book burning reference. Did she do that too?!?  :-\