Poll

Who was the best defensive player in the NBA this year?

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Defensive Player of the Year?  (Read 2029 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Defensive Player of the Year?
« on: April 12, 2004, 11:36:48 AM »
Cast your vote offer your opinion.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

jn

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 12:28:44 PM »
I have to be a complete homer and vote KG.  He leads the league in boards, is blocking more shots than ever and his combination of size and mobility means he contests EVERYTHING!

To be fair I haven't seen Artest play much this year.   Kirilenko is tremendous in his own right.  Between these two the Defensive MVP could be locked up for years.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004, 12:39:36 PM »
ummm something is wrong here, i tried to vote for bowen but the thing said there was an error and that i had voted already.....which i havent, i know i would not for AK over bowen......
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 12:55:34 PM »
ummm something is wrong here, i tried to vote for bowen but the thing said there was an error and that i had voted already.....which i havent, i know i would not for AK over bowen......
That's a bug.  If you just want to see the votes without voting, it makes you as having voted.  Sucks!

I voted for Bowen.  If all-stars are CRYING about you to the media then you're doing something right.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2004, 01:42:05 PM »
I voted Kirilenko only because of what he did ALL season for a team that was supposed to win 20 games.  He was great all season.  The most dominate player, in the league the last month though has been Theo.  He has been an absolute monster.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2004, 01:44:21 PM »
Im going with Artest because unlike the players mentioned above (Except KG and lets not be greedy hes gonna get the MVP) Artest can guard guys from 1 to 4, physical or quick, and he has something the others dont......that intimidation factor.  Like it or not that is apart of NBA style defense.  If a guy is not sure if the defender is going to thrash them to the ground they think twice about going to the rack or posting them up.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2004, 01:44:58 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2004, 02:02:12 PM »
Ben Wallace. He absolutely redirects how a team plays offense. After Rasheed joined the Pistons, Detriot has become the best defensive team in the League and the Wallaces are responsible.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2004, 02:12:56 PM »
Honestly I dont see how AK has the lead in the votes right now.....IMO hes a good defender but not quite seeing Artest, Wallace, or Duncan.  Those 3 dominate games defensively...AK is not quite there yet.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com